Kelly Clarkson covers Take A Bow on tour

Ugly Hecty

there´s a lack of sweetness in this performance...

Agree. Regardless, it's by far one of my least favorite M songs esp #1 songs! lol Hate the sedating as shit generic Babyface production. The lyrics are classic M but woulda prob. LOVED it if Pat Leonard or the like produced it. It should've had a darker more Live To Tell-esque production. To this day beyond baffled how it's her longest #1 in the US. The irony...w/ all her mega worldwide smashes, her longest US #1 was one of her biggest under performers w.w.

I like Kelly. Whenever I see her on a talk show , she is so down to earth and real. Glad she likes Madonna songs.

I like her too. And she's def. shown a lot of M love over the years. Her audition song for AI was Express Yourself! I heard she's even sweeter in person/real life! Just think she's kind of stuck now with her career (image, sound etc)...Heartbeat Song was 'pleasant' but basically shit and a poor mans version of all her 'dance/pop' songs. Any song that has the name 'song' in the title is almost an instant fail imo lol. I still say her roots/trademark 'sound' that I'd love to hear her return to is rock/pop. There's plenty of songs like that on radio now (the song Uma Thurman I could totally see her singing!) She's still young and I think if she loses some weight, gets better management and material she could def. come back. Radio was *obsessed w/her exactly 10 years ago. She positively was as beloved by radio like Taylor and Katy are today. She fcked up w/ My December and most def. this last album :/.

I think the verse part is good, but when she goes into the chorus she tries to belt too much. Madonna's style is much more subtle, which gives it the sweet quality.

I think the verse part is good, but when she goes into the chorus she tries to belt too much. Madonna's style is much more subtle, which gives it the sweet quality.

This is how I felt listening to this. I love Kelly and love that she sang this song.

It is interesting how there is criticizing of Madonna's singing and yet she owns her songs.

I don't like covers of Madonna's song. This is no exception.

They just can't capture Madonna's emotion and passion in a song. M also has an extremely unique and distinct voice. It's so easy to do imitations of other pop artists but I've never heard anyone able to imitate Madonna or even cover her songs well.

I don't like covers of Madonna's song. This is no exception.

They just can't capture Madonna's emotion and passion in a song. M also has an extremely unique and distinct voice. It's so easy to do imitations of other pop artists but I've never heard anyone able to imitate Madonna or even cover her songs well.

Spot on Carly. Even though Kelly did a great job, she did not capture Madonna's melancholy and emotion.

I have also heard several times that Madonna is the hardest star to impersonate. She truly is one of a kind.

Spot on Carly. Even though Kelly did a great job, she did not capture Madonna's melancholy and emotion.

I have also heard several times that Madonna is the hardest star to impersonate. She truly is one of a kind.

tumblr_lkb1zip5kX1qc2vyeo1_500.jpg