Randomdonna

Real_Madonna

Not sure if this is a good idea, but i saw a pinned thread on FOP which was made for asking small questions related to Madonna. Thought It might be good to add here to save multiple threads being made.

My small question:

Was 'I'm Going To Tell You A Secret' Something M had always planned to make? Or was it made after the Re Invention Tour DVD was scraped?

It was always planned.

She asked Alek Keshishian -- who directed "Truth or Dare" -- to direct, but he declined. He said in a recent interview that he passed because he did not think a follow-up doc could be done successfully. He believed that the doc would need to focus on her family to show how much she'd grown since "TOD," but also believed that she'd be harshly criticized for exploiting her kids if she chose to feature them heavily in a new documentary.

The film was planned for theatrical release, but was released straight to video for reasons that aren't entirely clear. There were conflicting rumors at the time as to why it went straight to video. Some said that Miramax, which had distributed "TOD," was prepared to distribute "IGTTYAS" but that the deal collapsed when the Weinstein brothers left the company. Others said that the potential distributors lost interest after Madonna forced several rounds of re-edits after hearing negative feedback from screenings she'd given friends and family. Others still said that Madonna had grown frustrated with the project and had little interest in finishing or promoting it, largely abandoning it so that she could finish "Confessions."

Not sure if I am using this thread correctly but I like the title randomdonna.

I will use it to make a comment instead of asking a question.

How ironic is it that if Madonna was an anonymous poster on a forum devoted to her, she would would most likely be one of the most unpopular members?

Does Madonna know how much she has been there for me in my life? Does she know that she's written songs that describe who I am? Does she know that she's read my mind on several occasions? Does she know that her music represents the soundtrack of my life? Does she????

^^ u r absolutely right

It's amazing how this woman has been at the top of her game, the pinnacle of fame and fortune for over thirty years and can still write relatable songs for most ppl to enjoy. She is do grounded. When I listen to rebel heart ( the album) I can honestly say that I can , at some point or another in my life, feel all the emotions and she is trying to convey through every song. The hard work and passion she put into conceiving this album is unsurpassed imho.

I wanted to start a thread on when M's next album will be released, but can't start a topic...

Like next year, or will she make us wait another 3 years? Which musical direction will she go?

Will the next album finish her contract....will she re-sign...or move away from music for a while?

so any predictions?

I wanted to start a thread on when M's next album will be released, but can't start a topic...

Like next year, or will she make us wait another 3 years? Which musical direction will she go?

Will the next album finish her contract....will she re-sign...or move away from music for a while?

so any predictions?

I'm already counting the days till her next album. I want MORE!!!!!

On "Body of Evidence" and "The Next Best Thing" on some scenes the lighting is set up to highlight her eyes, I believe this is reminiscent of some old Hollywood movies, anyone know the references and if this was Madonna's input? I believe it might have been, otherwise what are the odds of having two different directors with the same idea.

Body-Of-evidence-madonna-6883518-629-351

On "Body of Evidence" and "The Next Best Thing" on some scenes the lighting is set up to highlight her eyes, I believe this is reminiscent of some old Hollywood movies, anyone know the references and if this was Madonna's input? I believe it might have been, otherwise what are the odds of having two different directors with the same idea.

Body-Of-evidence-madonna-6883518-629-351

The cinematographer did it. The cinematographer is in charge of lighting.

They use a special camera lens which can see light better than the human eye. It's been done since movies started being made. The craft has advanced considerably due to experimentation and technology.

Watch any Stanley Kubrick film. He had a huge say in all the cinematography of his films.

No, the actor has no control over the lighting.

The cinematographer did it. The cinematographer is in charge of lighting.

They use a special camera lens which can see light better than the human eye. It's been done since movies started being made. The craft has advanced considerably due to experimentation and technology.

Watch any Stanley Kubrick film. He had a huge say in all the cinematography of his films.

No, the actor has no control over the lighting.

I've never seen an actress light up like Madonna in these two movies, the eye section was more lighted in a lot of parts of Body of Evidence and on TNBT more notoriously during the courthouse scenes.

I've never seen an actress light up like Madonna in these two movies, the eye section was more lighted in a lot of parts of Body of Evidence and on TNBT more notoriously during the courthouse scenes.

Watch Julie Christie in Dr. Zhivago, it's breathtaking.

Honesly^^ I think Madonna is way too busy to spend time on a message board.

I don't think that's true.

She's like anyone else and needs time to relax and take a breath.

She's watching TV, she's reading a book, she's writing stuff on a forum board, she's playing candy crush...

^ Thanks....thats good to know , its still on and coming out

make a nice Christmas present....love the first one....

I hope he only inserted & updated from 1995, and did'nt remove

any content from the first one

I have a question about the LAP CD!!!

Is the original AIDS fact sheet done in the same typeface as the album artwork, or does it have some fun late 80s graphics? My original copy has the former, but I bought a secondhand copy today that has the latter, and I assume it's an earlier pressing as the gold lettering on the cover is shiny and the booklet is in colour, rather than the b&w of later printings.