HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADONNA!!!!!!!

MLVC82

Wow i got goosebumps reading that message from Michelle Visage & Monty. They summed up what we all think and feel. So cool of Melissa Rivers and Wow at Jimmy Page. Mirhan message <3 <3 I mean the press and people don't know anything about her relation with her dancers, Loic is a live in guest in NYC, some call her mom, they have a personal relation with her children (Rocco & Norman).....She sees them as performers and not just back up dancers.

http://docdro.id/wpTkPg1

Oh Karby what a great article you wrote. Congratulations it's very good and thoughtful.

Joyeux anniversaire la Madonne !

For me its always a special day, on the one side my its my mums birthday and on the other side its madonnas birthday. 2 important woman in my life, Happy Birthday to my Queens in my life, love you all

I love Madonna because she's an inspiration: with her music, videos and performances, she pushes us not to go for second best, to always go further and stop caring about other people's negativity. I'm 21 and still building my future, I'm really proud to be a fan of an artist who encourages me to do better and not to rest on my laurels :asian:

Happy birthday to the baddest bitch of them all :inlove: See you in December M!

744574tumblrm5u1gcK7Pp1r7e9vpo1500.gif

HAPPY, HAPPY HEALTHY B-DAY TO THE QUEEN.OF. FUKING. EVERYTHING!! :D Triple love you and hope all your wishes cum true and then some. Enjoy your day and hopefully late night surrounded by family, real quality friends (Debi, Rosie, Ingrid etc etc) and loved ones The Madonna!!!!

Did anyone see Joe Henry's Facebook post?

yes so beautiful

this is the young woman i met shortly after our family's move to michigan in 1975 --as i entered my sophomore year of high school and, she, her senior one. together, we were in the Thespian Society; and in that winter's first production, we were cast as mother and son --the wife and child of ralph waldo emerson-- in a play about thoreau.

she was whip-smart and short on patience; and to tell the truth, she scared me more than a little. but along with her sister Paula, her presence upon my landscape nudged open a door through which i would pass and find my life utterly and forever changed...that unusual and sprawling family becoming, years later, my own.

no one is more surprised than i by the way our lives have expanded; by the way that our journeys have diverged and become entangled. like anyone, i can sometimes forget to see the flesh and blood/heart and mind behind the parade float that is her public persona. but then i will find myself across the kitchen table from her, sharing a martini, and be additionally shocked to recognize anew the compact, terse-yet-compassionate human at the switches.

i have told this tale before, but it bears repeating: when elvis presley died on this date in 1977, this upstart professed in real-time that she felt his spirit had passed out of his body and through her own in exodus.

i laughed at her then for such outrageous self-possession, at the arrogance that i assumed must allow her to declare such publicly.

today, when there is laughter, it is the laugh of recognition i hear --and it begins somewhere high above me, where things that once seemed implausible play with wild abandon and in broad daylight.

happy birthday, madonna louise veronica ciccone.

11891186_1115889245107712_87586274279267

38 years ago today, Elvis died.

I remember that day!

57 years ago today, Madonna was born.

I often wondered if she ever had an option about that coincidence. Joe Henry's post on Facebook confirmed my curiosity.

38 years ago today, Elvis died.

I remember that day!

57 years ago today, Madonna was born.

I often wondered if she ever had an option about that coincidence. Joe Henry's post on Facebook confirmed my curiosity.

Madonna's birthday is always a sad date for me as also the date that my mother died - my mother was also a huge Madonna fan. The fact the date also belongs to the birthday of the greatest female star ever and the death of the greatest male star ever is special and somehow strange for me as well.

Adored the tributes to Madonna from everyone but especially From Joe Henry and Debi.

Madonna is the greatest role model, entertainer and superstar ever for me and so glad that she has been my idol for so long and always will be