Madonna's unique and recognizable VOCALS

Jumpb4uthink

Lament, Sooner or Later from the Oscars, Bad Girl Live and Ray of light in Oprah are all beaytifully sung and showcase Madonna's incridible voice. She may not have the strong voice of other vocalists but she has character in her vocals and this can't be tought by any vocals teacher

Still think Ray of Light Oprah is the best.

Sure it's reverbed but you can hear during the choruses and the ad libs toward the end that there is a lot of power and strength there when she wants to belt.

This is definitely one of her most controlled and mesmerizing LIVE vocals.

I love it

But the DWT rendition tops it

Madonna is an amazing singer in spite of what the uninformed or the jealous say. Great timbre and texture, plus range and soulfulness. Sure, she is no Pavarotti or Whitney (then again how many are?) can get strained or occasionally be off key, but her live output is 80 to 90% always on point from 1985 to this day and, if anything, her voice has become stronger and richer since then

At least she doesn't whisper herself on the audience nor mimes the entire show, her use of pre recorded tracks is strictly limited to big choreographed numbers, unlike many other singers and her shows are considerably more visceral and physically demanding than most acts are to begin with, not an easy balance to keep

One thing that bugs me is how people always compare her voice to other females but nobody says anything about how Bruce Springsteen or Bono can sound strained too in the live department

I saw DWT in Atlanta and I was thinking she would sing Gone which was on the set list. She sang You'll See instead witch was equally impressive. I love the way her vocals sound so smooth and effortless with GONE.