WHAT ABOUT: When she teased us with the INSTRUMENTAL "Open Your Heart" on DWT

Crystal Coffin

I love the "Open Your Heart" tease. It's just perfect.

Rumor at the time was that "OYH" was rehearsed to be a full performance in the geisha section, and was dropped at the last minute. It would have been incredible to see :wow:

It would have been so awesome to have a geisha version of open your heart!! It would have added 5 min to the show and made so many people happy, but DWT was fuckin amazing!!

Yes, it is. I would have had some other track instead of Candy Perfume and never liked Nobody's Perfect. But the rest is simply FLAWLESS.

The Silly Song, hahaha. Remember so many, many, many years ago in Dotmusic those who moaned because they didn't understand why she choose to sing a silly song instead of an oldie???? She's really a TROLL.

how old was she, by the way? 43? And she was already called OLD. I remember people laughing at work when she had that hernia after dancing with the mechanic bull. And they laughed and said that she was too old to be doing those things!

She has opened so many doors already! 43 is not considered old nowadays to be on stage being sexy. It was back then.

I don't get the hate for OYH MDNA version. I totally loved it during the concert. Such a Sweet version.

Agreed! It was great so I cant with ALL this crying after a dated sounding original. She already performed that twice on tour, time for New things. :)

Yes, it is. I would have had some other track instead of Candy Perfume and never liked Nobody's Perfect. But the rest is simply FLAWLESS.

The Silly Song, hahaha. Remember so many, many, many years ago in Dotmusic those who moaned because they didn't understand why she choose to sing a silly song instead of an oldie???? She's really a TROLL.

"The Silly Song" and "Nobody's Perfect" are probably the only parts of the show that I don't absolutely, completely fucking LOVE.

But "Candy Perfume Girl?!" Karbs, no. "CPG" is perfection.

One of my all time fav moments of her career :inlove:

:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

Fucking perfect. I remember when she brought the tour to the U.S. and dropped "Gone" for "You'll See." I was so excited to see "You'll See" live ...

But then I saw the show. She did "Gone." And it was just perfect.

I always wanted to hear Open your heart live but MDNA version was a disaster

Agreed 1000 percent. One of the worst reinventions of her career.

"Open Your Heart" really would've been perfect in that section. It's a shame she didn't keep it.

That tour brings back such amazing memories. While it's not her best tour, in my opinion, it's my personal favorite. Probably because it was the first time I ever saw her. I was in love with ROL and Music and to see those songs come alive was magical. "Beautiful Stranger" may be one of my favorite performances from her of all time. The areana exploded when she started singing it. So underrated.

Edited by KalamazooJay

I love the fact that "Nothing Really Matters" was nowhere to be found in the set list. Performing it on the Geisha section would have been too predictable. Deciding NOT to perform that easy choice of a hit, and opted for an obscure album track like "Nobody's Perfect" instead in its place is a very Madonna thing to do.

I love the MDNA tour version, never understood the amount of hate it received in this board. It was pretty energetic and a call for everyone to sing and applaud together. I was never very fond of the DWT snippet cause it sounds a bit out of place...

I love the MDNA tour version, never understood the amount of hate it received in this board. It was pretty energetic and a call for everyone to sing and applaud together. I was never very fond of the DWT snippet cause it sounds a bit out of place...

100% agree. The animosity towards this version is mystifying.

I thought it was warm, sweet, and fun. The crowd STILL could at least recognize it!

YouTube prompted me to watch another song after watching this clip again -- and I ended up watching the whole geisha section. It's the most brilliant thing she's ever done on stage. Just complete fucking perfection.

Does anyone remember what show it was when her wig wasn't on right and she yanked it off for the first time? Was it one of the London shows? Or Paris?