Countdown to Rebel Heart Tour: OPENING NIGHT in less than 3 weeks! [contains spoilers]

Apples388

"Amazing" ended up being replaced by "The Funny Song".

Huh? First time I'm hearing about this.

Amazing wouldn't have fit in the cowgirl section, the only obvious replacement would be Beautiful Stranger. And The Funny Song always seemed like a "taking a break" part than an actual number so to me it's unlikely she would have sung 6 songs in the cowgirl segment... :confused:

The video thing was fan folklore...

Yeah it was total conjecture from Teddy (Tubby) Edward or whatever his name was that ran the original Madonnarama site. Similar to the "Madonna thought DWT was too indulgent hence the hit-filled RIT" crap he peddled. Funny how that kind of rumour becomes the "truth" as the years pass.

Well it does seem off that there was no full blown 4th single from a successful album.

I think DWT took central precedent over any more promoting.

And let's remember these were the days when Madonna promoted every single somewhere somehow...

Tour mode kicked in.

That's right.

"Amazing" ended up being replaced by "The Funny Song".

Warner could have pissed her off by filming Funny Song and releasing that as a single instead! :D

If Warners had really wanted to release "Amazing" as a single, they would have. It's not like Madonna would have publicly slammed them or told her fans not to buy the single. The fact that no remixes were commissioned (unlike for II) suggests that there was never any plan to release it as a proper single (although it was definitely sent to radio in certain markets, like Australia, which was unusual at the time here).

As for GHV2, it was a contractual obligation, but there's no evidence to suggest that at least initially, she wasn't just as involved with its conception as she was with TIC. Remember that the original plan was for TIC to end with "Vogue", but then Madonna decided that she wanted to record something new for it. With GHV2, she specifically stated that she chose not to record anything new for it because she had decided to call it GHV2 and she couldn't put new tracks that weren't hits on it yet. She also said that she chose the track list after having listened to all of her singles 90s/00s singles over and over and retaining those that she still liked after repeated listens. AP wasn't included as a punishment for her allowing executives to talk her into including it on the international version of "Music".

Fun Fact :) Teddy Edward is high up at the BBC in Wales now and is involved in the production of Doctor Who (and was heavily involved in Torchwood).

AP wasn't included as a punishment for her allowing executives to talk her into including it on the international version of "Music".

Ive never understood that. I loved hearing AP on Music, it was such a popular song at the time. i wish she did it on tour sometime.

If Warners had really wanted to release "Amazing" as a single, they would have.

Amazing was very popular that time and promo cds were sent to many European radio stations. Of course Warner have had the intention to release Amazing as a single. https://www.google.com/search?q=madonna+amazing+promo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI9L6_uJa-xwIVwdQaCh1h4QIT&biw=845&bih=603

But maybe Warner considered, another release could affect the sales of the "short" album.

If Warners had really wanted to release "Amazing" as a single, they would have. It's not like Madonna would have publicly slammed them or told her fans not to buy the single. The fact that no remixes were commissioned (unlike for II) suggests that there was never any plan to release it as a proper single (although it was definitely sent to radio in certain markets, like Australia, which was unusual at the time here).

As for GHV2, it was a contractual obligation, but there's no evidence to suggest that at least initially, she wasn't just as involved with its conception as she was with TIC. Remember that the original plan was for TIC to end with "Vogue", but then Madonna decided that she wanted to record something new for it. With GHV2, she specifically stated that she chose not to record anything new for it because she had decided to call it GHV2 and she couldn't put new tracks that weren't hits on it yet. She also said that she chose the track list after having listened to all of her singles 90s/00s singles over and over and retaining those that she still liked after repeated listens. AP wasn't included as a punishment for her allowing executives to talk her into including it on the international version of "Music".

Fun Fact :) Teddy Edward is high up at the BBC in Wales now and is involved in the production of Doctor Who (and was heavily involved in Torchwood).

There's an interview where she's clearly quite pissy about the GHV2 album and not that into it. One megamix single and it was gone.

Also, wasn't it because AP was released as a single? They so should have released Time Stood Still! But that's another thread.

Where's the gossip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's an interview where she's clearly quite pissy about the GHV2 album and not that into it. One megamix single and it was gone.

Also, wasn't it because AP was released as a single? They so should have released Time Stood Still! But that's another thread.

Which interview are you referring to? She mentioned AP in the Jo Whiley Radio 1 interview in 2001 and specifically says that it was left off GHV2 as punishment for being included on "Music" (she mentions "certain record company execs" twisting her arm and that her gut feeling was that the song didn't belong on Music, hence the punishment, since she regretted not going with her gut). Jo Whiley asks her if she means she regretted recording the song and she strongly denies this. She also says "ugh" at the mention of TUTBMP and says that she likes Fever "enough". Jo asks her why there was no new material on it and Madonna says, "Because it says 'greatest hits'". Jo points out that it could have been a greatest hit, to which Madonna replies, "Well, I'm going to save that for my next record, which I'm gonna start recording in January." She also mentions that Stuart Price was already working on some tracks for her and that she was going to see how that collaboration worked out.

This is what I remember. Do not know what is true and what isn't:

1. Time stood still, the urban myth said, had an unreleased video. It was not released as single bacause M was pregnant and wanted Music out fast and before going into full maternity mode. (To be honest, I don't buy this one).

2. Apparently, there were some recording sessions at the time of GHV2, and Nobody Knows Me came about during them. However, it is not clear if she meant these songs for the greatest hits album, or had already AL on her mind.

This is what I remember. Do not know what is true and what isn't:

1. Time stood still, the urban myth said, had an unreleased video. It was not released as single bacause M was pregnant and wanted Music out fast and before going into full maternity mode. (To be honest, I don't buy this one).

2. Apparently, there were some recording sessions at the time of GHV2, and Nobody Knows Me came about during them. However, it is not clear if she meant these songs for the greatest hits album, or had already AL on her mind.

See the interview above :)

I had my first dream last night.

She performed Unapologetic Bitch and Holiday and the rest of the performances were just dancers or screens and she would go backstage. I went backstage to talk to M and convince her to keep performing. I found her on a tree branch with a rope and scolded her. She was about to come out and do like 10 hits at the end of the show but everyone in the audience had cracked it and were leaving in droves and I was screaming trying to convince everyone to stay saying that she was about to come out and it wasn't going to be videos anymore but they weren't listening and left :( it was a horrible nightmare

I had my first dream last night.

She performed Unapologetic Bitch and Holiday and the rest of the performances were just dancers or screens and she would go backstage. I went backstage to talk to M and convince her to keep performing. I found her on a tree branch with a rope and scolded her. She was about to come out and do like 10 hits at the end of the show but everyone in the audience had cracked it and were leaving in droves and I was screaming trying to convince everyone to stay saying that she was about to come out and it wasn't going to be videos anymore but they weren't listening and left :( it was a horrible nightmare

It's OK, Carly...you just woke up from a fuzzy dream.... :)

Why the fuck did she be on a tree branch with a rope, was she going to commit suicide due to low ticket sales :rotfl:

It's funny when I read it but at the time I was bloody distraught :lol:

And no she is committing suicide due to having to perform her hits :lol:

how long before the start of the MDNA tour did they release those photos of the show?

I don't remember photos being released, but I remember sketches of the costumes appearing in WWD around two weeks before it started so they should be coming up this week.

WWD had an article listing the designers and said sketches would be coming soon so hopefully sometime this week!

I think he simply just meant that this time she's going all the way into the audience and having a more intimate moment with the fans since the heart is at the center of the arena.

I want the entire floor to feel like one big pit! We can all get together and celebrate as one, baby!!!