Don McLean: Madonna is magnificent

XXL

I was just 12 when this song was released (Madonna's version....not Don's :old:) and instantly fell in love. As a kid during that time it was all about BRITNEY/XTINA/BACKSTREET BOYS etc etc but I would carry my little radio/cassette player around and play American Pie all day! It was probably the song that ultimately made me into a stan....or superfan. To me Madonna's version is LIFE itself and spectacular. It was also this song that made me want to dive into her back catalog and see what she was all about. American Pie triggered all of that. If it weren't for this song I probably wouldn't be on this forum typing this. It literally changed my life and made me fall in love with Madonna.

:dramatic:

"The music business as we knew it is dead"

The music business has become an investment as a PR tool for a band's next tour, the singer-songwriter, Don McLean has told BBC HARDtalk. "It's not the content, it's a mindset of business, U2 gave their album away, Bob Dylan gave away 50,000 copies of his album" he said.

"Campuses are corporate nowadays". "Anyone who is really contrary, who says something, that is really truthful and goes against certain things is going to find themselves blacklisted," (Talks about the Dixie Chicks and Linda Rostadt)

At the end of the full interview he also mentions how he owes everything to people like Liberace more than anyone else and that without Liberace we wouldn't have Madonna and Elton John today".

"The music business as we knew it is dead"

The music business has become an investment as a PR tool for a band's next tour, the singer-songwriter, Don McLean has told BBC HARDtalk. "It's not the content, it's a mindset of business, U2 gave their album away, Bob Dylan gave away 50,000 copies of his album" he said.

"Campuses are corporate nowadays". "Anyone who is really contrary, who says something, that is really truthful and goes against certain things is going to find themselves blacklisted," (Talks about the Dixie Chicks and Linda Rostadt)

At the end of the full interview he also mentions how he owes everything to people like Liberace more than anyone else and that without Liberace we wouldn't have Madonna and Elton John today".

So sad and what's worse is people are supporting this and actually have a grudge against the artists. They are being manipulated and and are perfectly content in having little to no opinion.