During which era did you become a fan? (THIS IS A POLL)

Guest bluejean

During which era did you become a fan?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Which era did you become a fan

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Who's That Girl
    • Like a Prayer
    • I'm Breathless
    • The Immaculate Collection
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Something To Remember
    • Evita
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions
    • Hard Candy
    • Celebration
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart

"Bedtime Stories."

The smash hit trio of "I'll Remember," "Secret," and "Take a Bow" got me. And then I got "Something to Remember" and heard "I Want You" and I damn near fainted :dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

But it really wasn't until "Frozen" that I became obsessed. Thank God the internet was coming alive at that time so I could track down other super fans.

I guess she has to release yet the perfect album.

Not counting The Immaculate Collection.

Album. Rubbish Shit

Rebel Heart. S.E.X, Body Shop, Illuminatti, etc

MDNA. Some Girls

Hard Candy. Candy Shop (just awful)

Confessions. Push Me

American Life. American Life

Music.

Ray of Light. Shanti Ashanti

Bedtime Stories

Erotica. That rap shit

Like a Prayer.

True Blue. Jimmy Jimmy

Like a Virgin. Love don't live here

Madonna.

Oh well I guess LAP and Music are exceptionals.

Album. Rubbish Shit

MDNA. Some Girls

Confessions. Push Me

Music.

Bedtime Stories

Erotica. That rap shit

Like a Prayer.

True Blue. Jimmy Jimmy

Madonna.

What do these have anything to do with this thread? :rotfl:

I was six years old when I saw someone coming of a cake and rolling arround the stage in a wedding dress on telly.

I was infected with madonnanitis right away :bow:

When I first saw the Borderline Video I was hooked, I actually saw the Burning up video previously but i didn't pay much attention to it, just some random girl rolling around the pavement but man I was hit by the power of Madonna with Borderline....

Guest Rocco Papa

For me it was the Music era. I was in 5th grade. There was a special on VH1 called Madonna's Greatest TV Moments. I was watching it one night and became a fan right then and there. The Immaculate Collection was actually my first Madonna album. I also had the DVD, which I would watch all the time. Then, I got GHV2 when it came out later that year. I remember watching the Drowned World Tour live on HBO and her opening performance at the Grammys that same year. I also remember MTV2 re-airing all the past Madonna specials (Breakfast/Dinner with Madonna, No Bull, Pajama Party, etc.) during the American Life era. So I was able to catch up on everything!!

She has always interested me but it wasn't until You'll See that my fandom was officially sealed for good, so I'm the only one (so far) who ticked STR.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Album. Rubbish Shit

MDNA. Some Girls

Confessions. Push Me

Music.

Bedtime Stories

Erotica. That rap shit

Like a Prayer.

True Blue. Jimmy Jimmy

Madonna.

tumblr_mtwm3mdILZ1snouvgo1_250.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna/Madonna she didnt even have a video yet. now we know that Everybody and Burning Up was but never played on MTV or played on Friday Night Videos, so we were clueless until after the fact. Holiday was huge and I had her cassette, i was stuck on Borderline before there was a video. i LOVED the background singers on it. it was all soulful.

this is my original cassette from 1983:

tumblr_ns0ins94rQ1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

i remember the first time i heard her speaking voice. i was shocked because i thought she was gonna sound all Everybody and Physical Attraction'd out. I know youve been waiting yeah...

instead she was all whiney! :rotfl:

True Blue was my first M album. To be honest, I did not know that Live to Tell, Angel and Into the Groove were all sang by the same person. I know that sounds stupid but I was pretty young. As well, my family did not listen to anything but country music so I was not even aware of Madonna until the Like a Virgin craze was completely over with. By Who's that Girl Tour, I was obsessed and nothing would ever be the same again. LOL

Madonna/Madonna she didnt even have a video yet. now we know that Everybody and Burning Up was but never played on MTV or played on Friday Night Videos, so we were clueless until after the fact. Holiday was huge and I had her cassette, i was stuck on Borderline before there was a video. i LOVED the background singers on it. it was all soulful.

this is my original cassette from 1983:

tumblr_ns0ins94rQ1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

i remember the first time i heard her speaking voice. i was shocked because i thought she was gonna sound all Everybody and Physical Attraction'd out. I know youve been waiting yeah...

instead she was all whiney! :rotfl:

:wow:

Bedtime Stories/Something To Remember was my intro to Madonna songs...my mom was a causual fan

I discovered Ray of Light about a year after it was released and started to explore some of her previous work...I was 11 or 12

The 1999 VMA tribute Sept 9,1999(9.9.99) was probably the moment I realized this woman was truly iconic and really made me want to explore all her work

MUSIC Era was the first Era I was on the same wavelength as other fans,bought the cassette and CD once it was released

After watching a laser disc copy of BAT, Nice...the express yourself performance completely blew me away! My life and my taste for live performances was never been the same way again.

I was 14, i immediately asked my father to accompany me to the record shop and asked him to buy me a cassette tape to pay for it. (My father was very supportive during the early days of my madonna collecting. He even bought me the Sex book!) So i asked the saleslady to give me the latest album of madonna and she handed me The Immaculate Collection! And the rest is history.