Supernatural - Our First Proper B-Side- and Closest to a Madonna Halloween Track

Guest Pud Whacker

Has to Be was on two track CD's and cassettes in the U.S too. Total b-side.

I hate she's had so few of them. The last being History on Jump. I loathe the artists who use to put out b-sides for every single release. We should have gotten one or two during AL. We were robbed!!!

I'm also not fond of the 5+ bonus tracks we know get for her recent albums now. It's nice having an abundance. But sometimes it can over shadow an album. I guess I'm just a traditional person. Release one or two and use the others as b-sides

Oh the old days...

:/

Yeah, though like social media, it's kind of a necessary evil these days and she had to keep up.

I really shouldn't say that, in only 25 :lol:

But you an icon, baby boy. Btw I take it you got this :wow:

One of my favorite non-album tracks !

Radio station in Bangkok used to play this and I was very frustrated coz it wasn't available anywhere back then so had to live with bad quality recorded tape off the radio!

I love her vocals on this song. They are soooo carefree and weird. I guess this are the demo vocals or something, they don't seem polished!

And yes, Ain't No Big Deal isn't a proper b-side. It was a song that was included all the time so Madonna could have half the profits for singles. Just like Think of Me was on so many releases prior. Clever girl.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Madonna doesn't have a songwriting credit for ANBD, so she would only receive her performer's royalty for it (i.e. not as much as she would get for releasing something like "Everybody" as a B-side).

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Madonna doesn't have a songwriting credit for ANBD, so she would only receive her performer's royalty for it (i.e. not as much as she would get for releasing something like "Everybody" as a B-side).

OMG, first time i realize it's not a Madonna/Bray song! Thanks, babe.

Yaas! I SQUEALED in joy when I saw the vinyl of Cherish at the record store a couple of years ago. Supernatural is such a fun song. It's the best song about fucking a ghost :D.

Do you remember the rumour that Supernatural/Santa baby was considered for a Double A side novelty release for Christmas 1988. Read about it in Record Collector Magazine years ago.

• 2 months later...

With it being Halloween today, I was thinking "what songs by Madonna would be good for Halloween", and I thought of Supernatural and remembered... I absolutely love this song! Such a great forgotten gem, wish it was on LAP.

The best bit, the pre-chorus of course! Love her raspy element of her voice.

wake up with your fragrance and it's all over me

What cologne do you wear? I walk around with a smile on my face
'Cause you're close to me, well I know you're somewhere

Is this the closest song that's quite Halloween-y the Queen has ever done?

Yes!!!!! It should be the official Madonna Halloween song :)

It's only acouple of years ago that I discovered it, but I love it!

Haha yes this should be the Madonna Halloween song!

I am still obsessed with this song. At the time I remember somebody writing into the letters page in Look In (?) magazine saying what a fantastic b-side it was and how Madonna was treating her fans very well. (The things you remember )

I always loved the artwork on the Cherish / Supernatural single. The cassingle is highly sought after. Does anyone know if it was the last US 7inch issued with a picture sleeve?

Vogue, Hanky Panky, JML, RM......

The Madonna songs I have on my Halloween playlist are:

Supernatural

Devil Pray

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Ghosttown

Candy Shop

Beautiful Killer