Why is she mum on Animal Cruelty?

Candylipsgirl

Because she and her dumb ex-husband used to shoot animals for fun maybe? She probably doesn't even know about CECIL, I imagine rehearsals/kids/sleep (& the odd Instagram) are the sum total of her life at the moment.

Guest Pud Whacker

747490467e3511ef413b70a68efdb30d.jpg

remember when she was a vegetarian and always talking about it and then one day in 2006 or something she was all bitter and replied, "Well, I'm not a vegetarian"

and it was like, we all thought you were for the last 20 years!!! :rotfl;

Guest Rocco Papa

Madonna is only one person and she can't possibly devote her time to every single cause on the planet. She'd have no time to do anything else. All she can do is be the best person she can. And I believe that's what she's doing. She's doing her best.

Besides, I think I remember seeing footage of animals in one of the political video interludes. Maybe it was the Sorry remix one. I could be wrong.

For me personally, don't like Madonna to be overly political or talking a lot about social/animal issues like some other pop shits today. Would be annoyed if she talked about the overblown hysteria surrounding Cecil even though the lion was beautiful.

Im sorry if some here believe Animal Cruelty is a trivial matter. I dont.

I believe Animals deserve to live without torture and pain.

I was simply asking a question.

Because she worries about way more important issues like kids in Africa, building schools, restoring orphanages, making sure they have food etc etc ;)

that's a disgusting comment to make.....'way more important issues'? Animals have been abused for way too long for our pleasure, the least we could do is show them a little respect

She is a very contradictory woman in many ways. And the sum of all those things are what make her Madonna. Her stance on animal rights is one of them.

Wasn't there a time where she said she was vegetarian for a long time and then she just "had to have a lamb chop" or something. I think it on Rosie circa ROL/TNBT :rotfl:

Im sorry if some here believe Animal Cruelty is a trivial matter. I dont.

I believe Animals deserve to live without torture and pain.

Very few if any I believe here think that is a trivial matter. That scenario doesn't exist.

I have not said one word about Cecil and believe me when I say it angers me how arrogant and unfeeling humans are to think nothing of the other living beings on this planet as well as the earth itself. You can't always know what goes on inside someone based on what they say or don't say.

Being against animal cruelty is not trendy or a purse you carry. It's being mindful of everything. It's looking down at your dinner plate and asking where your food is coming from. It's thinking about what you don't see as well as what you see. It's each individual asking themselves how much they contribute to animal suffering.

Compare how much an average American contributes to the success of the fast food industry compared to how much Madonna does. How many of them would point their finger at her and ask what is she doing?

Sadly with how the world has gone and people in general grow up without being taught to be mindful of animals and the earth, everyone needs to ask themselves what they do to contribute to animal suffering and what are they doing about it.

I know people who love leather but they don't think about where it comes from. I know people who shop in grocery stores buying meat that comes from awful places and then are outraged when they hear of another animal being killed in the news. I know their outrage is genuine but it all seems to be for looks because they ignore what goes on day after day. Human beings have been basically raised with a lack of concern for animals.

Madonna has worn clothing I would not wear and engaged in that shooting activity with her husband most likely without much thought as to what she was doing. Madonna expressed regret for that after she took her head out of the sand In wanting to please her husband when she saw what she was contributing to. She stopped after that.

Like most people I doubt Madonna is not not affected by a lion being killed or any living being and Is not pro anything that contributes to that.

Maybe Madonna is mindful of her own actions or inactions.

Guest Rachelle of London

Very few if any I believe here think that is a trivial matter. That scenario doesn't exist.

I have not said one word about Cecil and believe me when I say it angers me how arrogant and unfeeling humans are to think nothing of the other living beings on this planet as well as the earth itself. You can't always know what goes on inside someone based on what they say or don't say.

Being against animal cruelty is not trendy or a purse you carry. It's being mindful of everything. It's looking down at your dinner plate and asking where your food is coming from. It's thinking about what you don't see as well as what you see. It's each individual asking themselves how much they contribute to animal suffering.

Compare how much an average American contributes to the success of the fast food industry compared to how much Madonna does. How many of them would point their finger at her and ask what is she doing?

Sadly with how the world has gone and people in general grow up without being taught to be mindful of animals and the earth, everyone needs to ask themselves what they do to contribute to animal suffering and what are they doing about it.

I know people who love leather but they don't think about where it comes from. I know people who shop in grocery stores buying meat that comes from awful places and then are outraged when they hear of another animal being killed in the news. I know their outrage is genuine but it all seems to be for looks because they ignore what goes on day after day. Human beings have been basically raised with a lack of concern for animals.

Madonna has worn clothing I would not wear and engaged in that shooting activity with her husband most likely without much thought as to what she was doing. Madonna expressed regret for that after she took her head out of the sand In wanting to please her husband when she saw what she was contributing to. She stopped after that.

Like most people I doubt Madonna is not not affected by a lion being killed or any living being and Is not pro anything that contributes to that.

Maybe Madonna is mindful of her own actions or inactions.

Brilliantly put :clap:

Madonna is also someone who romanticises bull fighting and even in the "Holy Water" lyrics she references mink coats etc.

She is who she is.

In Spain many friends of me who are animal defenders were completely disgusted at the imaginery of Living for Love. I tried to explain to them about the Minotaurs and that shit, but to be fair she didn't help with those bullfighter clothes, hahahahaha I tried to explain that there's one thing to use the symbolism and another to go and kill an animal, but some animal defenders are FASCIST.

What i love about Madonna is that she never fell on that Politically Correct trap. She's free and if she wants to eat chop and defend other causes, she's free. Should she go and run to talk about Cecil and if she doesn't she doesn't love animals??? Please!

I think what that guy did to Cecil was terrible, but honestly the self righteousness of some animal rights activists turns me off. I know I will be crucified for saying this, but it has never stopped me in the past.

I'm tired of being told that because I choose to eat meat I'm a bad person and I'm a murderer. I'm sorry but I don't think people who eat meat for food are on the same level as the dentist who killed the lion purely for sport. They are not the same at all in my book.

I do wear leather and eat meat and sorry, but I don't think it makes me a horrible person and I should be judged as not being a caring person or unconscious because of my personal choices which may differ from other people.

I do respect animals, but I"m sorry I don't put them on the same level as people. Animal rights is just not something I feel super passionate about. If Madonna is more passionate about human beings that is her right.

I just feel so many animal rights people are just judgmental and feel they have the right to tell other people what they can and cannot eat and what they can and cannot wear. And if you go against their rules, you are condemned as some kind of evil uncaring person.

I know this is very controversial, but honestly the fact that Madonna is not some crusading animal rights activist makes me like her more. I would not like it if she was lecturing me not to eat meat all the time.

I think what that guy did to Cecil was terrible, but honestly the self righteousness of some animal rights activists turns me off. I know I will be crucified for saying this, but it has never stopped me in the past.

I'm tired of being told that because I choose to eat meat I'm a bad person and I'm a murderer. I'm sorry but I don't think people who eat meat for food are on the same level as the dentist who killed the lion purely for sport. They are not the same at all in my book.

I do wear leather and eat meat and sorry, but I don't think it makes me a horrible person and I should be judged as not being a caring person or unconscious because of my personal choices which may differ from other people.

I do respect animals, but I"m sorry I don't put them on the same level as people. Animal rights is just not something I feel super passionate about. If Madonna is more passionate about human beings that is her right.

I just feel so many animal rights people are just judgmental and feel they have the right to tell other people what they can and cannot eat and what they can and cannot wear. And if you go against their rules, you are condemned as some kind of evil uncaring person.

I know this is very controversial, but honestly the fact that Madonna is not some crusading animal rights activist makes me like her more. I would not like it if she was lecturing me not to eat meat all the time.

Agree. Love animals but hate the vile terrorist organisation PETA and their proponents. It's painful watching Morrissey give out lectures at his concerts, showing abattoir footage while performing the tuneless Meat Is Murder.

Because she worries about way more important issues like kids in Africa, building schools, restoring orphanages, making sure they have food etc etc ;)

Those aren't "More important" issues - they're just different issues.

Not all Animal Activists are against meat consumption or hunting to eat.

We eat meat at home. My husband loves grilled London Broil.

We fight inhumane treatment of livestock and Trophy hunting-weve been advocates way before Cecil.

We sponsor local and National Animal rescue (we dont tithe lol). So we witness atrocities.

The atrocities I witness make me choke-believe me or not , but when I save an injured Cat or Dog from being beaten and lit on fire, the look of gratitude these animals give is beyond words.

If you think Im crazy...thats fine...but Animals do feel pain and will forgive the abuser regardless. More than I can say about some Humans.

Guest Rachelle of London

The way animals are treated for meat and dairy production is disgusting.

Seriously contemplating going back to veganism

IKR I mean really. I'm in tears right now?!!?!

This is going to be my last post here, I'm that upset.

Say goodbye to sizzling steak

Those are words I'll never say

This used to be my ribeye

anigif_original-grid-image-13811-1417116

:rotfl: