MDNA Appreciation

5iVe Elements

Madonna_-_MDNA_Deluxe.jpg

Now that the tour is just around the corner, time to appreciate the last album before RH. While it wasn't groundbreaking nor avantgarde for Madonna's standards, I feel MDNA was a good album, above some of the albums by other artists released at that time. For me, I feel that that time around Madonna was really having and letting loose. Sure, there was some of that in Hard Candy but during MDNA, I saw more fun from her. It looked like she was really having a good time. And she looked fantastic again.

Let us not forget great songs from the album: Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Falling Free, and Beautiful Killer (even if I don't like this song I know a lot of fans do).

I love MDNA and how danceable and fun it is. Some Girls and Love Spent will always be on my list of favorite and frequently played songs by her. Some MDNA tracks were run of the mill and boring, but overall, its a very fun and upbeat record.

Back when MDNA first came out, I thought it was one of her worst, but after some time, it has aged quite well and sounds fresh almost 4 years later.

It's such a nasty, angry dance record (mixed with some bubblegum chewing).

"Love Spent" is one of Madonna's greatest songs ever!

"Some Girls", "Girl Gone Wild", "I'm Addicted" & "Gang Bang" are straight up fiesty songs.

"I Don't Give A" & "Beautiful Killer" are great pop songs in general!

The lead single... well, it's okay :)

MDNA is one of my favorite Madonna albums.

I'm Addicted is so original, thumping and intoxicating!

Falling Free, Love Spent and Masterpiece and poetic and beautifully sung.

I absolutely love GMAYL, TUTR, Some Girls and I'm a Sinner.

Overall - I think its a terrific record. Much more focused and tight than Rebel Heart in my opinion.

Still listen to MDNA regularly and even if the sequence of tracks has been an issue, love the diversity and different moods of the songs. Unlike some fans, find the entire album to be extremely catchy with some great hooks.

Favorite tracks, Love Spent, Addicted, Masterpiece, Falling Free, Beautiful Killer, I Fucked Up, Best Friend, etc.

Guest bluejean

About half of it is really good, the rest is kind of meh. I mean I liked it at the time but it's right down the bottom of the pile now and well beneath Rebel Heart. One of her worst albums.

The tour was brilliant, best since Drowned World Tour but I suspect Rebel Heart will topple it.

Guest bluejean

And yes, Gang Bang is fantastic. One of her best in modern times. I also really like Falling Free, especially that remix Orbit posted. Oh and of course I Don't Give A. Incredible track.

Now Girl Gone Wild was fun in its day but the lyrics sound pretty cheesy now compared to the Rebel Heart tracks. Turn Up The Radio I never listen to. It is just not that good, let's be honest.

I needed during that period in my life. It literally came at the perfect time in my life. I love it. Chaotic, but lovely.

It's a pretty mediocre album.

It felt rushed at the time of its release and hasn't aged well at all. "I'm Addicted" "I'm A Sinner" "Love Spent" & "Falling Free" are all amazing. Absolute gems in her catalogue. But the rest, no thank you. And this includes "Gang Bang".

I think my biggest issue with the whole project was her arrogance in not properly promoting it. After the whole "Born This Way" fiasco, she was ripe in reclaiming her throne. People were rooting for her and she squandered a prime opportunity.

I stand by my opinion that the entire MDNA era hurt her immensely with the general public.

Edited by KalamazooJay

Guest bluejean

I stand by my opinion that the entire MDNA era hut her immensely with the general public.

It totally did but oh well. What's done is done.

I stand by my opinion that the entire MDNA era hut her immensely with the general public.

I don't think so. MDNA received pretty great reviews, and the tour did incredibly well. Plus the Superbowl performance was the most watched one up to that point. Pretty impressive for being so far into her career.

MDNA will always be one of my favorites. It has a special place for me considering it was the first album and era I experienced as a total fan.

Gang BaNG is incredible. It gave me a sensation like no other M track.

also Love spent/I'm addictted/some girls/ falling free/best friend

I think it's her weakest record since Like A Virgin but the era overall was way more enjoyable than HC. I actually loved GMAYL, the videos, the tour and she looked so much better than M-dolla. I also love how the record unfolds the different stages of depression (denial,anger, sadness, acceptance), but the Solveig tracks just don't flow well with the other tracks.

I'll forever whine that she didn't release one of my fav songs ever Gang Bang as a single ... it was the track the got everyone's attention, and it could've had such a killer video.

I love GGW, I'm Addicted, Love Spent, Masterpiece, Beautiful Killer, Turn Up The Radio, I Fucked Up, I Don't Give A