Thump: 100 Greatest Dance Albums of All Time

HolidayGuy

https://thump2.vice.com/en_us/article/the-99-greatest-dance-albums-of-all-time

This list has some curious choices, but no matter. Two entries from Her Madgesty (and her likeness is represented in the illustration at the top). And, so spot-on with the commentary.

(COADF wasn't Maverick, as fas as I know, but a minor point).

26. Madonna: Madonna [sire] 1983
All the groundbreaking, world-changing, genre-defining, imitator-inspiring aside, Madonna's first album is just really fucking fun to dance to. From "Lucky Star" all the way through to "Everybody," the stream of bright, sexy, and unfussy pop doesn't falter once. Madonna provided the New York City dance scene a much needed post-disco palate cleanser and drew the blueprint for future dance pop.

3. Madonna: Confessions on a Dance Floor [Maverick] 2005
Long after many started saying "I only like her old stuff," the Queen of Pop dropped this start-to-finish perfect album of disco-inspired club cuts, each track mixed—a rarity for non-compilations. While a pop star's club throne is never guaranteed forever, Madonna has more claims to the top spot than most and Confessions proves why. This is the album all her subsequent albums is compared to; for its enduring relevance and how it redefined Madonna as an artist, it should be.

Guest Pud Whacker

Where's "Ray of Light"?

:rotfl:

its the slowest album of her career.

Ray of Light. i need to write a book about it. its starts with the Spice Girls...

Guest Pud Whacker

https://thump2.vice.com/en_us/article/the-99-greatest-dance-albums-of-all-time

This list has some curious choices, but no matter. Two entries from Her Madgesty (and her likeness is represented in the illustration at the top). And, so spot-on with the commentary.

(COADF wasn't Maverick, as fas as I know, but a minor point).

26. Madonna: Madonna [sire] 1983

All the groundbreaking, world-changing, genre-defining, imitator-inspiring aside, Madonna's first album is just really fucking fun to dance to. From "Lucky Star" all the way through to "Everybody," the stream of bright, sexy, and unfussy pop doesn't falter once. Madonna provided the New York City dance scene a much needed post-disco palate cleanser and drew the blueprint for future dance pop.

3. Madonna: Confessions on a Dance Floor [Maverick] 2005

Long after many started saying "I only like her old stuff," the Queen of Pop dropped this start-to-finish perfect album of disco-inspired club cuts, each track mixed—a rarity for non-compilations. While a pop star's club throne is never guaranteed forever, Madonna has more claims to the top spot than most and Confessions proves why. This is the album all her subsequent albums is compared to; for its enduring relevance and how it redefined Madonna as an artist, it should be.

both of these are really perfect.