Like A Virgin/Love Spent (MDNA Tour) - Appreciation Thread

Vogue992

I'm watching the DVD again right now and I just can't at how beautiful this performance is.

The deeper vocals, the atmosphere, her stage presence....everything it's just so damn perfect. She's untouchable.

I can't wait for the new tour!

I feel like this was one of the most decisive moments on a Madonna tour ever.

I thought it was beautiful, vulnerable performance. But many a casual fan was pissed off trying to sing along to the original melody lolz

Oh wait! There's an exclusive and super rare filming of the performance in 1985 for The Virgin Tour that Madonna did exclusively in one show. I mean, that's the only reasonable explanation for the face and the body to look so young!

I was watching this yesterday too! Love it. I hate how the blu ray chops the performance up though, and shows stills instead of the whole thing.

Anyone know why?

I once read a fan saying they did that years ago with french singers? (i don't know why Im thinking about french singers. maybe because of Piaf. anyway thats what I remember hearing) and she is inspired by that styling i guess. they used photos because film wasn't used as much yet @ the time

i could be wrong. but i think she was just inspired by singers from the early days putting on those strong solo performances and i think those were the "videos" of that time? keep in mind i could be very wrong

Oh wait! There's an exclusive and super rare filming of the performance in 1985 for The Virgin Tour that Madonna did exclusively in one show. I mean, that's the only reasonable explanation for the face and the body to look so young!

Wish had opportunity to be this up close. :wow:

Easily one of the best performances of her career. Also, this performance got better and better as the tour progressed. This is the closest we've gotten to her doing a "freestyle" performance on tour.

Guest eroticerotic

This performance is one reason why MDNA is in my top 3 fav tours by M. And what makes her a rock star!