Hold Tight - new single on Italian radio stations!

I wish so many topics didn't have to delve into demo talk (especially for this particular song). I understand the thoughts on the demo, but if we are talking about it being a single in a part of the world, let's just accept the final song! For the love of Goddess!! lol

This

This forum has been consumed by it for months and months and months

Plus leakgate in general, music or photo

Just let it die, who cares

The song sounds fantastic on radio and it's getting a lot of spins here in Italy at parties and public events. If only radio everywhere else had reserved a better treatment to this album by conceding at least SOME airplay. This album would be at the very least a Top 10 release of 2015

Especially when you think that a mere 180k, in terms of global tally, separate it NOW with this total lack of airplay from being a Top 10 release. A real pity, because most of the material is not only catchy as hell but also good and in some cases great. Ghosttown has been a huge success here, people that are not even fans humming the song and all

It's 17 years old so of course it sounds dated. Doesn't mean it's not brilliant.

It's not necessarily so that something that came out 17 years ago is going to sound dated. I think music can very much reflect the time of when it was released and usually makes one think more of that space in time while other music makes one think mostly of the quality of the music. Personally I think Ray Of Light is timeless because my experience when I listen to it is the heart that is in the songs. My mind doesn't go to the late 90's.

Unfortunately at present there are no video plans for Hold Tight but watch this space. (source: www.suedehead.cunt)

I know that the source and the title of the track are conflicting but damn!

Bedtime Stories doesn't sound dated but RoL does? Give me a break, the compositions alone on RoL are better than Bedtime Stories. Literally the writing alone is that much better.

Besides a few of the singles, I rarely listen to Bedtime Stories. RoL runs circles around that album in both concept and production. It's not even a contest. (Shit it's not even top 5 albums for me)

Anyways, I think Hold Tight would make for a great single. I feel like it has the potential to be well liked.

And what does the writing have to do with being dated? ROL was written mainly by Patrick Leonard and Belinda Carlisle's Rick Nowels, it was more of a songwriter affair. Nellee Hooper, Dallas Austin & Dave Hall are more about the beats...

You're confusing the term "quality" and "preference" with "dated"

No, considering Dollhouse is using "dated" as a reference to its quality, meaning that it's not great because it's dated.....

So no one is confusing anything except for you

and I was referring to ROL's writing to further my point that it's overall superior to Bedtime Stories on all levels. Not just in terms of the final production

^ROL and Bedtime Stories are both fantastic albums!!

Agreed! To the person that stated that ROL "sucked outside of the singles", you are an idiot.

Bedtime Stories doesn't sound dated but RoL does? Give me a break, the compositions alone on RoL are better than Bedtime Stories. Literally the writing alone is that much better.

Besides a few of the singles, I rarely listen to Bedtime Stories. RoL runs circles around that album in both concept and production. It's not even a contest. (Shit it's not even top 5 albums for me)

Anyways, I think Hold Tight would make for a great single. I feel like it has the potential to be well liked.

I prefer BS over ROL. ROL is quite draining for me and I can never listen to it the whole way through

No, considering Dollhouse is using "dated" as a reference to its quality, meaning that it's not great because it's dated.....

So no one is confusing anything except for you

and I was referring to ROL's writing to further my point that it's overall superior to Bedtime Stories on all levels. Not just in terms of the final production

No.

the writing on ROL is exquisite but the William Orbit 90's bubbles (production) are dated now..even when they were great at the time

BS is more current and timeless sound..not to mention more Madonna rnb roots

This

This forum has been consumed by it for months and months and months

Plus leakgate in general, music or photo

Just let it die, who cares

The song sounds fantastic on radio and it's getting a lot of spins here in Italy at parties and public events. If only radio everywhere else had reserved a better treatment to this album by conceding at least SOME airplay. This album would be at the very least a Top 10 release of 2015

Especially when you think that a mere 180k, in terms of global tally, separate it NOW with this total lack of airplay from being a Top 10 release. A real pity, because most of the material is not only catchy as hell but also good and in some cases great. Ghosttown has been a huge success here, people that are not even fans humming the song and all

180k record sales is not "mere"these days..more like 1.8 million back in the day..

I heard Hold Tight twice on commercial radio since I'm in Europe. Once in Venice and once in Paris...

Was lucky enough to travel to different European countries and it always amazed me how often Madonna's newer music was played all over the place.