Rolling Stone Magazine Special Edition- It's Here...

Camacho

They put those pics on the cover and back, iconic photos from Ritts, and people are complaining they should choose different eras...

I disagree, they are also part of the magazine history, they chose carefully highlights of her career, wich represent her diva looks and

the issue is about her history alongside the magazine too.

Guest Pud Whacker

They put those pics on the cover and back, iconic photos from Ritts, and people are complaining they should choose different eras...

I disagree, they are also part of the magazine history, they chose carefully highlights of her career, wich represent her diva looks and

the issue is about her history alongside the magazine too.

ignore the ignorant.

As I don't live in a big city, local shops don't have it yet. Stopped at a CVS- still has the Keith Richards and U2 editions on display. Like them, the Madonna issue, I'm gathering, costs $12.99. The back covers of those, though, show their various RS covers, which the Madonna one apparently doesn't (at least on the very back).

I don't have the 80s RS editions on which M was on the cover (just the reprints of the text that ran in The RS Files), so that's another bonus.

M's been on 13 RS covers (not counting collage shots). One of those was the photo issue in 1989, which leaves 10 interview issues (well, 12, actually, as Part 2 of the Carrie Fisher interview ran in another issue). I imagine RS didn't include all of them in this edition?

Nov. 22, 1984

May 9, 1985 (with Rosanna Arquette)

June 5, 1986

Sept. 10, 1987

March 23, 1989

Sept. 21, 1989 (The Photo Issue)

June 13, 1991

November 13, 1997 (Women in Rock- with Tina Turner/Courtney Love)

July 9, 1998

Sept. 28, 2000

Dec. 1, 2005

Oct. 29, 2009

March 12, 2015

M's been on 13 RS covers (not counting collage shots). One of those was the photo issue in 1989, which leaves 10 interview issues (well, 12, actually, as Part 2 of the Carrie Fisher interview ran in another issue). I imagine RS didn't include all of them in this edition?

May 9, 1985 (with Rosanna Arquette)

June 5, 1986

March 23, 1989

Sept. 21, 1989 (The Photo Issue)

November 13, 1997 (Women in Rock- with Tina Turner/Courtney Love)

July 9, 1998

Those are missing.

Martin B.- could you possibly post the top 50? Pud said he would try, but hasn't gotten to it yet. Thanks.

And thanks for the heads-up on what interviews are not included. At least The RS Files fills in the gaps for the 1980s (I have all the ones thereafter).

1. LAP

2. Into the Groove

3. Vogue

4. Borderline

5. LAV

6. Hung Up

7. Live to Tell

8. ROL

9. Music

10. Burning Up

11. Crazy for You

12. EY

13. Material Girl

14. Promise to Try

15. Dress You Up

16. OYH

17. Justify My Love

18. Angel

19. What if Feels like for a Girl

20. DW/SFL

21. Human Nature

22. Holiday

23. WTG

24. Physical Attraction

25. Where's the Party

26. Beautiful Stranger

27. Don't Tell Me

28. Cherish

29. Frozen

30. TAB

31. Gambler

32. I Deserve It

33. True Blue

34. 4 Minutes

35. Lucky Star

36. Hanky Panky

37. Deeper and Deeper

38. Keep It Together

39. BIM

40. La Isla Bonita

41. Everybody

42. Bad Girl

43. Ghosttown

44. Hollywood

45. This Used To Be My Playground

46. Papa Don't Preach

47. Bedtime Story

48. Me Against The Music

49. Act Of Contrition

50. Die Another Day

well i mean, obviously, that list isn't going to be what we would expect but also she just has too many songs to make a list ...to many GREAT songs...but i will say that just on general impact and the whole world opinion...

1. like a prayer

2. express yourself

3. vogue

4. like a virgin (which wouldn't be 4 on my list)

and MAYBE (it was also pretty impactful and really grabbed something about the 80's)

5. into the groove

Thanks, Martin. :) I look forward to eventually reading the commentaries, especially for tracks I don't agree with their placement. Among singles, "Oh Father" is the most glaring omission at first glance. That's missing, and HP, MATM, 4M and BIM are present?

Thanks, Martin. :) I look forward to eventually reading the commentaries, especially for tracks I don't agree with their placement. Among singles, "Oh Father" is the most glaring omission at first glance. That's missing, and HP, MATM, 4M and BIM are present?

For you, the most shocking one :

"Madonna and Britney Spears made history when they kissed at the 2003 MTV Awards. But they did more that night than merely swap spit : Spears played the Queen of Pop a new song from her upcoming LP, In the Zone, and Madonna offered to make it a duet. Co-written by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, MATM is a propulsive ode to dance-floor revelation with a beloved music video in which the singers tussle and taunt each other with impressive gymnastic moves."

How odd that I Deserve It and Act of Contrition are the only non-singles on that list. I miss Get Together or Jump. And of course Secret and Erotica. But there is only so much that you can cram into a top 50 list

Guest Pud Whacker

Martin B.- could you possibly post the top 50? Pud said he would try, but hasn't gotten to it yet. Thanks.

And thanks for the heads-up on what interviews are not included. At least The RS Files fills in the gaps for the 1980s (I have all the ones thereafter).

I'm sorry HG I'm not at home and don't have the magazine with me.

And yes only the FULL interviews. Susan Seidleman, Indian summer, women of rock, etc are not. Although they tried to squeeze in photos from all. Xo