New interview on tour!!

Glindathegood

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-and-entertainment/20150717/madonna-prepping-for-tour-says-she-appreciates-her-hometown

According to this the theme of tour is romance and she is still working her way through the setlist.

Madonna says folks shouldn’t be too put off over her recent comments about growing up in Rochester Hills.

“I appreciate my provincial upbringing,” the Michigan-born pop culture icon explained by phone Friday, June 17, from her home in New York City. She’s preparing for her Rebel Heart Tour, which begins Sept. 9 in Montreal and will bring Madonna back home on Oct. 1 at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.

The Bay City-born Madonna (nee Ciccone) — who was raised in Pontiac and Rochester Hills, graduating from Rochester Adams High School — ruffled local feathers when she referred to the “basic, provincial-thinking people” of her hometown during a March interview with Howard Stern on SiriusXM satellite radio. The remark even prompted an open letter from Rochester Hills Mayor Bryan Barnett defending the area.

Madonna, 56, who studied dance for one semester at the University of Michigan before moving to New York, says she hasn’t read Barnett’s letter but expressed a bit more pride about her roots on Friday.

“To me it’s really important that I came from the Midwest,” she explained, “with my father and people that I was surrounded with, very strong work ethic and my practical approach to work, and not a lot of frills.

“I don’t think I would be as creative as I am if I’d grown up surrounded by everything at my fingertips. The fact that I came from a small town in the Midwest has a lot to do with the kind of open notebook that I had to start my journey of creativity.”

That journey has continued with “Rebel Heart,” Madonna’s 13th studio album — which debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard charts in March — and will take its next step with the tour, which she promised will be one of her characteristically theatrical spectacles, featuring songs from throughout her 32-year Rock and Roll Hall of Fame recording career, with plenty of challenging choreography and provocative imagery.

“I’m still working my way through the set list,” said Madonna, who’s working on the show with a team of creative directors, choreographers and costume designers. “The name of the tour, Rebel Heart, starts the party and then I think, ‘What’s a strong beginning? What’s the statement I want to make?’ and then we go on a journey from there.”

The theme of the show, she added, will be “romance.”

“Love. Living for love. Being a rebel heart. Living for love. They’re all kind of intertwined, you know — rising above, believing in your dreams, overcoming heartbreak, things like that,” Madonna said. “You know, the simple things in life.”

And while fans wonder if she can still perform at the level she has in the past, Madonna, whose daughter, Lourdes, begins her second year at U-M this fall, said they won’t be disappointed.

“I have a very disciplined life,” she said. “I don’t do a lot of socializing. My life revolves around my show and my children and trying to live a very healthy lifestyle. The only thing I’m lacking right now is sleep — as always.”

The name of the tour, Rebel Heart, starts the party

Is anyone else reading this that Rebel Heart will be the intro???

She said in some interviews earlier that on tour she might do different versions of the RH songs than were on the actual album.

Romance to me indicates more slower ballady type of songs than we are used to from her past tours. Smoochy type of songs you make out to.

Big dance thumping numbers does not indicate romance to me.

Is anyone else reading this that Rebel Heart will be the intro???

I'm reading it as the first section being the party section, like I suggested ages ago.

I think overall the show will be more "romantic". Dark and story-driven with Madonna overcoming several hardships until finding true love one way or another.

“I have a very disciplined life,” she said. “I don’t do a lot of socializing. My life revolves around my show and my children and trying to live a very healthy lifestyle. The only thing I’m lacking right now is sleep — as always.

No sleeep

Guest CzarnaWisnia

The interview was done today lol

Are you sure? At the beginning it says : "... explained by phone Friday, June 17, from her home in New York City"

Or was that another interview?

.....The theme of the show, she added, will be “romance.”.....

By "romance" I hope she means non-stop techno, nudity, sex, dub-step, Diplo, sex, Diplo, sex, Diplo, sex, controversy, more techno, dance, sex, Diplo, Girl Gone Wild - and not, "romance."

Are you sure? At the beginning it says : "... explained by phone Friday, June 17, from her home in New York City"

Or was that another interview?

Weird. June 17 is a Wednesday. Yesterday was July 17, a Friday

I think she meant the name of the tour (RH) is the jump off point for the setlist and makes the theme. I don' think she meant the song.

Opening with that song would be so CHEESY, ugh. lol

Yes, I thought that too. I didn't think she meant literally she was going to start off with Rebel Heart the song.

By the way people shouldn't be interpreting her saying that the name of the album starts the tour as her saying that the title track starts the show. That's not what she means at all. All she means is that the tour's theme follows the album's title.

I think she meant the name of the tour (RH) is the jump off point for the setlist and makes the theme. I don' think she meant the song.

Opening with that song would be so CHEESY, ugh. lol

Exactly my darling my baby my sexy love.

I wonder if that means the show is going to be divided into Rebel and Heart sections?

I wonder if that means the show is going to be divided into Rebel and Heart sections?

Well in my initial predictions I thought she may do something like that. So rather than having 5 distinct sections or whatever, she may have 'rebel' and 'heart' sections, perhaps alternating. So maybe 4 sections in total, Rebel to kick off, then Heart then Rebel again and then Heart to close. Something along those lines at least.

I feel like this tour will offer a lot of different things, if the whole idea of this tour is for her to be all cool ballady and low key why would she mention challenging choreography?