Alek Keshishian: All the unseen footage of “Truth or Dare” is lost

Platinum Gold

I don't think money is the issue. Hello it's Madonna. I just think that she isn't interested in doing something like this, I'm sure she has gotten offers and ideas but ultimately it's up to her. Hence why we don't see her songs on any of those cheap 80s and 90s compilations. She's in control

Money is clearly an issue as you have to put out your own money to remaster restore track down publish etc etc...., you name it.

She's not signed to s major record label anymore. Madonna/Guy would have to hire their own team to put together a project like this. (Meaning $$$)

Madonna does seem to have a some what interest, she was asked during her reddit chat about tour releases and responded with "we are still looking for the tapes." Guy O even referenced those potential releases in a tweet saying how he was going to Warners offices to work something out.

Don't forget, M's team has always made a mention of her anniversaries in the media over the past 5 years. So the appreciation on their part is there, they're just not going the extra mile.

Guest bluejean

Great idea. It's actually sad that we would have to raise money for a project like this when it should have already been tackled years ago by the record company. Then again, perhaps Madonna isn't interested?

She's clearly not.

'Celebration' was all very slapped together for the same reason, because she's just too busy with current projects. I would much rather have it done properly than slapped together.

What I would like:

- 4 disc Anthology box set of unreleased songs/demos. Also needs to include pre-fame demos (bitch can reclaim them surely?)

- Re-release of ALL Warner studio albums including I'm Breathless containing bonus track, remixes, booklet and DVD's of videos, live performances and interview footage.

- Re-release of You Can Dance, The Immaculate Collection and Something to Remember as above. Forget GHV2 and Celebration, they can stay as they are.

- Box set featuring all her Warner US maxi-singles from Everybody to Revolver on CD with original artwork. If it didn't have a US release (eg Gambler) they can use the UK version and artwork.

- Release of Blond Ambition Paris

- Release of Re-invention Lisbon

- Release of The Virgin Tour featuring Angel, Burning Up and Borderline.

She's clearly not.

'Celebration' was all very slapped together for the same reason, because she's just too busy with current projects. I would much rather have it done properly than slapped together.

What I would like:

- 4 disc Anthology box set of unreleased songs/demos. Also needs to include pre-fame demos (bitch can reclaim them surely?)

- Re-release of ALL Warner studio albums including I'm Breathless containing bonus track, remixes, booklet and DVD's of videos, live performances and interview footage.

- Re-release of You Can Dance, The Immaculate Collection and Something to Remember as above. Forget GHV2 and Celebration, they can stay as they are.

- Box set featuring all her Warner US maxi-singles from Everybody to Revolver on CD with original artwork. If it didn't have a US release (eg Gambler) they can use the UK version and artwork.

- Release of Blond Ambition Paris

- Release of Re-invention Lisbon

- Release of The Virgin Tour featuring Angel, Burning Up and Borderline.

I would jump all over this shit, it might be an investment but if it's done properly they would sell for decades

Yes!!! It's all up on Spotify as well and I love all the alt edits of Head Over Heels. I'm fearing a Edsel Records-style botch job for Madonna "remasters" in the future because of this misplacement.

Actually, generally speaking, Edsel gets things right. It was the final few licensed-out Belinda Carlisle reissues (outside of their Virgin UK contract with her, note) that were rushed and turned out a mess, but overall I love Edsel's reissues.

I just wish Warner Bros. could get their shit and facts together. Get me in there tearing through files and paperwork contacting the right motherfuckers. We will have some expanded Madonna reissues to enjoy! :D

I just wish Warner Bros. could get their shit and facts together. Get me in there tearing through files and paperwork contacting the right motherfuckers. We will have some expanded Madonna reissues to enjoy! :D

:inlove::wow:

I predict that Madonna, after her LN contract is up, will re-sign with WBR

for a two-album deal of new material & a series of re-issues like Bowie did with EMI :wow:

Guest Pud Whacker

I predict that Madonna, after her LN contract is up, will re-sign with WBR

for a two-album deal of new material & a series of re-issues like Bowie did with EMI :wow:

i pray, i wish, i hope!!!

i was never with the anti warner brigade. i spent a lot of time on these boards defending them. i miss warner.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but WB wasn't pushing her singles (aside from lead singles) as aggressively as they once did the last 6-7 years of her time with them anyways. Then again, maybe they did push but just like now, radio just isn't interested. At any rate, even if she did sign to WB again, it's not going to be the same. She's in a different place in her career, they don't have tons of $$$ to invest in her like they did in the glory days and even if they did, I'm willing to bet it's all "new" faces at WB. Probably very few if any of the people that were a part of the machine to make her a mega star are even there anymore, so they may not even feel it's worth it to push this "old" act vs new up and comers. Look at Prince, going back to WB didn't exactly = stellar album sales/radio play. Granted, I did see more promo for his latest than anything for him since Musicology.

I don't think money is the issue. Hello it's Madonna. I just think that she isn't interested in doing something like this, I'm sure she has gotten offers and ideas but ultimately it's up to her. Hence why we don't see her songs on any of those cheap 80s and 90s compilations. She's in control

She does make some compilations.. before there were hardly any, the most was The Hits compilation (Now rival with Warners and Sony involvement) in the 80s. But like The Beatles she isn't overexposed on compilations ensuring she has a premium product.

She is in control of everything, otherwise Warner would be putting out all types of budget shyt. We did get that multi album "boxset". :chuckle:

Warner only has control over her mastered released albums through WBR. That's why we got those "box set" album collections. They just can't put out extra material on them like unreleased stuff, that's when they would need M's approval. Other than that, Whatever they put out? Won't be very notable.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but WB wasn't pushing her singles (aside from lead singles) as aggressively as they once did the last 6-7 years of her time with them anyways. Then again, maybe they did push but just like now, radio just isn't interested. At any rate, even if she did sign to WB again, it's not going to be the same. She's in a different place in her career, they don't have tons of $$$ to invest in her like they did in the glory days and even if they did, I'm willing to bet it's all "new" faces at WB. Probably very few if any of the people that were a part of the machine to make her a mega star are even there anymore, so they may not even feel it's worth it to push this "old" act vs new up and comers. Look at Prince, going back to WB didn't exactly = stellar album sales/radio play. Granted, I did see more promo for his latest than anything for him since Musicology.

Prince has been dead on the market since 1993. A completely different story.

And yes the world is a different place, and I don't think anyone should expect

a sudden string of top ten hits if she'd go back 2 WBR. But one shouldn't

underestimate the decline of her visibility in international markets. WBR had

local networks & output that would still benefit her today.

Anyway, her home is were her catalog is.

Guest Rachelle of London

Prince has been dead on the market since 1993. A completely different story.

And yes the world is a different place, and I don't think anyone should expect

a sudden string of top ten hits if she'd go back 2 WBR. But one shouldn't

underestimate the decline of her visibility in international markets. WBR had

local networks & output that would still benefit her today.

Anyway, her home is were her catalog is.

This!!!!!!