Alek Keshishian: All the unseen footage of “Truth or Dare” is lost

Platinum Gold

I don't believe for a second the footage got lost.. Yes it is very possible he signed off the rights of the extra shooting to Madonna's management and for that reason I have to believe Madonna must have it somewhere in her basement.

Didn't she lost those suitcases full of personal items that ended up in auditions?

Guest Rachelle of London

Even today, the BBC openly say that much of their rolling News Channel output is "not archived". That fascinates me!

The BBC are notorious for that. Even some episodes of popular sitcoms like Are You Being Served etc aren't even archived. I saw that on a documentary about Wendy Richard when she died. Oh and there's some episodes of Dr Who they just "can't find"

I imagine Big Brother would be as it only began in 2000. Different era and different times.

Yes but in Truth or Dare's case it's different it's not 'scripted fiction'. So seeing footage of Madonna in any kind of situation

would b a fascinating watch. It don't need the movie 2 recut, but a disc with extra scenes would b everything.

Also

thebeatswithin: Cutting back to David Fincher’s involvement in the original concept of doing a concert movie – did he actually shoot any of the shows in Japan?

“Yes, he shot all of the Tokyo shows.”

thebeatswithin: On 35mm film?

“We always shot on 35mm film in those days. The concert was shot on 35mm and the documentary was shot on 16mm in black and white.”

///////

thebeatswithin: Did you shoot the full shows on all three nights at Bercy?

“Yeah, we shot the full concerts over all three nights and the footage was the most phenomenal concert footage ever shot, without question. I was super proud of that.

Is nobody getting wet from my post !? :lol:

Just Imagine a blu-ray BAT LIVE: The Revenge Edition: Paris & Tokyo, directed by Alec Keshisian & David Fincher :dramatic:

I remember a few yrs ago Guy made that lame tweet about going to Warner offices looking to release all the concerts on DVD :lol:

Seems like he couldn't make anything happen, as expected

I don't think Warner has lost any of her audio. I think things like Celebration are just cheap efforts. Sometimes you'll hear "artwork lost in fire/ tapes damaged" about a crappy re-release, then a few years later everything is 100% perfect on another reissue. They sold you a half-assed release, now they have to "up their game" and do it right if they want to sell it again. A few videos were left off the Celebration DVD and they used cheap discs so the quality suffered... they want to resell this as done properly somewhere down the line IMO.

I'm sure Madonna has it in a safe deposit box or maybe under her pillow. :)

like niki...having to wait all those years...still wearing that damned key, for that damned safe deposit box...then the bank security guard wouldn't let her in...

The control freak that she is, I can't imagine Madonna being clueless about where the footage is. It's probably under Mercy's bed or hidden in the horse stable.

So only "Gay people" care or ever cared about Madonna?

Me thinks it's pretty up there' % wise ;P lool. So what? You think Ted Nugents fan are 'colorful/diverse'? LOL

“Yeah, we shot the full concerts over all three nights and the footage was the most phenomenal concert footage ever shot, without question. I was super proud of that.

... typical :(

Did you see what Tears for Fears did for the 30th anniversary of Songs From the Big Chair?

http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Chair-Audio-Super-Deluxe/dp/B00NMPSQK6

Yes!!! It's all up on Spotify as well and I love all the alt edits of Head Over Heels. I'm fearing a Edsel Records-style botch job for Madonna "remasters" in the future because of this misplacement.

Yes but in Truth or Dare's case it's different it's not 'scripted fiction'. So seeing footage of Madonna in any kind of situation

would b a fascinating watch. It don't need the movie 2 recut, but a disc with extra scenes would b everything.

Also

thebeatswithin: Cutting back to David Finchers involvement in the original concept of doing a concert movie did he actually shoot any of the shows in Japan?

Yes, he shot all of the Tokyo shows.

thebeatswithin: On 35mm film?

We always shot on 35mm film in those days. The concert was shot on 35mm and the documentary was shot on 16mm in black and white.

///////

thebeatswithin: Did you shoot the full shows on all three nights at Bercy?

Yeah, we shot the full concerts over all three nights and the footage was the most phenomenal concert footage ever shot, without question. I was super proud of that.

The Blond Ambition Tour shot by DAVID FINCHER???!!?

😩👏🏽😭

Kill me now because I have no reason to live for anymore!

• 2 weeks later...

He must still be in Madonna's circle since he worked on W.E. The first cut is the one that found its way on illegal videos sold in Times square at the time of the release. The voice over is different, there are extre footage. I wonder why this never got leaked online except for a few bits.

It's so sad Truth Or Dare and the Blond Ambition haven't been treated properly so far but I think we should focus on this fact! The first cut is out there? It's the first time I've ever heard of these Times Square copies!! We should concentrate on getting someone who bought one of those copies to come out and upload them!! Did you knew about this, Jamesy?

I imagine the quality of the tape being very shoddy. If it's the clips I've seen floating around on the net over the years, the quality is blah.

I assume these are from that cut, I wouldn't mind seeing the whole thing, but yes, if the quality is like this it would be very difficult

They need to get SuperDeluxeEdition or Demon on the case, they've sorted all the suede, Belinda Carlisle, Lisa stansfield, tears for fears archive stuff etc to great reviews

The Tears for Fears "The Big Chair" 30th anniversary box is spectacular. However, that's because a fan, Paul Sinclair, who also runs SuperDeluxeEdition.com, put the release together. The only fault that I could find is using a vinyl transfer for the U.S. 7" edit of "Shout" when a master tape copy is readily available and featured on numerous compilations.

The 2013 Belinda Carlisle reissues were very well done, too. The 2014 "Belinda", "A Woman & A Man", and "Voila" reissues, on the other hand, had a handful of flaws ... missing single edits, incorrect tracks, etc.

The Bananarama reissues are stunning. I don't think any faults have been found with those.

Shame that Madonna's back catalog has been neglected so much! However, I really don't trust Warner to tackle such a project. A fan really needs to be involved.

I don't believe for a second the footage got lost.. Yes it is very possible he signed off the rights of the extra shooting to Madonna's management and for that reason I have to believe Madonna must have it somewhere in her basement.

The fact he mentioned that the extra shooting shows more and more bitchness ( I'd love to watch it cuz I love Madonna when she's a bitch - highly entertaining and funny lol) means Madonna wouldn't be so willing to show that especially now that she's a sort of different person.

PREACH!

The Film was sold to various distribution companies 4 a VHS release...I'm pretty sure that has something 2 do with it.

There's a difference between it being 'lost' and not yet located :D

The Tears for Fears "The Big Chair" 30th anniversary box is spectacular. However, that's because a fan, Paul Sinclair, who also runs SuperDeluxeEdition.com, put the release together. The only fault that I could find is using a vinyl transfer for the U.S. 7" edit of "Shout" when a master tape copy is readily available and featured on numerous compilations.

The 2013 Belinda Carlisle reissues were very well done, too. The 2014 "Belinda", "A Woman & A Man", and "Voila" reissues, on the other hand, had a handful of flaws ... missing single edits, incorrect tracks, etc.

The Bananarama reissues are stunning. I don't think any faults have been found with those.

Shame that Madonna's back catalog has been neglected so much! However, I really don't trust Warner to tackle such a project. A fan really needs to be involved.

I really feel like we should put together some kind of Kickstarter or indiegogo to raise money for a release like this. Obviously money fuels everything, and I think Madonna's team will take the initiate if something like this were to happen. Heck, I would design t-shirts as the rewards for those who pledge the project.

I really feel like we should put together some kind of Kickstarter or indiegogo to raise money for a release like this. Obviously money fuels everything, and I think Madonna's team will take the initiate if something like this were to happen. Heck, I would design t-shirts as the rewards for those who pledge the project.

Great idea. It's actually sad that we would have to raise money for a project like this when it should have already been tackled years ago by the record company. Then again, perhaps Madonna isn't interested?