Appreciate "Erotica" single

mad4mad2

I see I had this as high as no 3 in my Madonna Top 50 for that sadly premature countdown we had recently.

But my original top 100 Madonna songs thread has vanished! :cries: I wouldn't have deleted that!

Edit: I see you've wiped things from the MDNA era and pre-summer 2012 posts (it was posted just before MDNA came out), so that's why. :ohwell::(

• 2 weeks later...

The bassline is everything! Took me a long time to appreciate this track fully but now I consider it one of her most special entries in her discography.

As others have already mentioned it, the remixes are great, love the Kenlou B-Boy Mix that was used on The Girlie Show.

3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amazing song and era. This was the first Madonna album I bought as a proper loon and I have countless memories attached to it.

For instance I remember voting like crazy over the phone to get it on the year-end chart of my favorite radio show that year. It was #10 :)

LOVE this song! <3 I remember listening to "Erotica" at 16 and just thinking how hella sexy and dirty this song was so much so that it would get me horny hehe :p

Regarding the lyrics, it's kinda funny b/c for the longest time I used to think she was saying "erotic, erotic, put your hands all over my Dolly" and I would just sit there thinking, "Oh, I didn't know she named her who-ha "Dolly"."😏 Kinky😈 and then later on finding out that she was actually saying body. 😂😅

Erotica is gorgeous. It's perfection. I love how it's not in your face but sort of is at the same time. It's a slender slick song. It's got that feeling of a simple production, but underneath it's got a funky groove despite it's mellow nature. It truly is Erotic!

The entire album is one of my favourite albums of all time. :)

madonna___erotica_by_yziik-d3dwgo1.jpg

This is pretty ^

THE MOST EDGY DARK AND SEXY Madonna song ever the song oozes sex. Am I the only one who hates the confessions mix? Sound NOTHING like the sexy dark edgy beat banging track. In my top 5 Madonna songs ever

It infuriates me in the UK we go a crappy 2 track single with no mixes so I had to do the usual and get the HMV import

MADONNAS IN MY JEEP MIX

I love the remixes !! I was very young and iremember I went to a party in a night club, and the DJ played a remix version I had never heard and he showed me the vinyl . I died!

Guest Rocco Papa

I have the 7-track US maxi-single with the remixes. I remember that was my first time hearing the alternate lyrics in the William Orbit remix. Then, years later, I was shopping in NYC and got my hands on the Deeper and Deeper EP. It's an import CD that contains 12 tracks in total. 6 remixes of Deeper and Deeper, 1 remix of Bad Girl, and 5 dub versions of the Erotica remixes. It's cool to have so many versions. Especially considering the fact that Madonna's remixes have been very special. She doesn't treat them as a thowaway thing. She actually gets good people to do them and even incorporates some into the live performances.

And I definitely LOVE the Confessions version! I remember I didn't think she would ever perform that song again at that time. I was very surprised by it. Stuart Price did an amazing job reinventing that song. It was also the first time I found out about the You Thrill Me portion of the demo.