Appreciate "Erotica" single

mad4mad2

First single I ever bought. Was 15 at the time, perfect age to see the video for it, sat there jaw hitting the floor! I had it on 7 " vinyl and wore it down to nothing. It's still my favourite lead single she's released.

This track deserved to be No1 all over the world! Loved the video and The Girlie Show version was the very first Madonna song I saw live in person! Still gives me life!!!!

One of my all time favorite songs, and favorite singles of her.

It was so daring and so edgy. Unlike anything she's ever done before. I love it.

Love everything that came with it too, the video, the remixes, and the performances.

I can't imagine any other song taking it's place as the lead single too.

The intro, the spoken parts, the melody, the production, the look, that amazing video, that editing which I don t think it can be topped!!! Only a genious could come up with a single like that

Erotica was the first Madonna Album I've ever bought...well, I bought the Cassette as i didn't have a CD player back then...my pencil had a lot of work with this cassette...lol

My fave song was Deeper and Deeper but love Erotica much as well, the whole concept, music, video, the book and all the stupid drama-outrage :laugh:

There's something so haunting and sexy about Erotica and that big moan by the end...pure orgasm.

il_570xN.643071768_nn2m.jpg

Possibly my favourite M track...

I remember going down the Kings Road to buy the CD single and played it non-stop.

erotica-uk-cd-single-w0138cd-3926-p.jpg

YES, I got that cover proudly displayed in my home because it's one of my all time favorite images of her.

The original version, the video, the SEX book alt lyrics version, the remixes.... DAMN, everything about it so dark and sexy!!!!

And I love that it was released in October, my favorite month when the air is starting to turn crisp, the night is longer, and Halloween comes around when I ALWAYS add this song to my Halloween playlist, either original or mix version.

The lyrics make me blush... haha

especially the alt. lyrics:

This is not a crime, and you're not on trial
Bend over baby, I'm gonna make you smile
Light the candles, 'til they're nice and soft
And when they start to drip, I'm gonna get you off!

this is madonna at her most confident: playing with sounds, samplers...what a great song!!! it shoudl have been number 1.I know that a lot of madonna songs should have been number 1, but in this case, it´s even more obvious!

Everything about it is amazing, love the production, her image, and that video!!

One of my favorite songs and DEFINITELY my favorite era. :dramatic:

I have to say that the "You Thrill Me" demo version is my favorite of them all.

Guest eroticerotic

The best first single of her career possibly only second to Like A Prayer.

Genius.

i agree with this! And Hung Up

Madonna's lead singles have almost always been so amazing!

Holiday for "Madonna"

Like A Virgin for "Like A Virgin"

Papa Don't Preach for "True Blue"

Like A Prayer for "Like A Prayer"

Vogue for "I'm Breathless"

Erotica for "Erotica"

Frozen for "Ray Of Light"

Music for "Music"

Hung Up for "Confessions On A Dance Floor"

Living For Love for "Rebel Heart"