Madonna and Elton John special guests at a D&G event next Sunday in Portofino

XXL

dolcegabbana-portofino-pop-up-store-july

Italy's daily La Repubblica writes that Madonna and Smellton will be special guests of honour at a party Mr Dolce and Mr Gabbana are throwing for 500 people in the Italian seaside location of Portofino next Sunday

http://genova.repubblica.it/cronaca/2015/07/07/news/superfesta_a_portofino_per_dolce_gabbana_anche_madonna_con_elton-118520056/

Why would either of them support D&G after their comments on gay marriage?

This, I don't see her traveling all the way to Italy for this shit, I mean she didn't support Versace this year.

BS If Elton goes he will look like the hypocrit he is. Madonna is in rehearsals and travelling there just for this is bad for the body, she needs her energy. That's just PR shit. They'll probably only have Monica Bellucci and that's it since they made their comments on gay marriage and IVF conceived children

On a personal level, I don't think D&G's view on gay marriage should be issue for her continuing friendship with them. Friends can have widely divergent views on topics.

On a business/PR level, I don't think it's a particularly good look to publicly associate with them, given her strong public views on a 'revolution of love', 'pro-gay rights', and 'freedom' in general. It has the potential to undermine that credibility, fairly or not. And given the media's delight in shitting on Madonna, I wouldn't be surprised if there is backlash.

And finally. PIG SMELTON.

[/Madonna Policy Adviser]

M leaving rehearsals and jetlag for this? She also has her birthday coming up.

I remember her saying she wouldn't party for months before a tour. She dont tour all bloated and tired

59sac3.jpg

I find it very strange myself, Madonna being in the middle of rehearsals etc but since it's not a tabloid reporting this I thought there might be some truth in it, we'll find out pretty soon I guess :) no JFK pics by Friday then highly unlikely. Don't Rocco and David usually spend some time with Guy in London towards mid/end of July?

I hope she goes, I NEED new pics I'm going through Madonna withdrawal. LOL :lmao:

Don't see why peeps have to think that by going to a party a guess has to agree on every political and moral view the host might have. Only small minded people would see it that way. Besides, we don't know the reasons why D&G commented like that on that matter. Just because we don't agree on other peoples way of thinking that doesn't mean we can't get along with them or appreciate them.

It's about time we all start this revolution of love. There's no judgement in Love.

Don't see why peeps have to think that by going to a party a guess has to agree on every political and moral view the host might have. Only small minded people would see it that way. Besides, we don't know the reasons why D&G commented like that on that matter. Just because we don't agree on other peoples way of thinking that doesn't mean we can't get along with them or appreciate them.

It's about time we all start this revolution of love. There's no judgement in Love.

i agree and for most casual non-famous people, it's probably the same. i'm sure some people of our own families don't agree with gay people getting married or having kids. but we don't turn their back on them. as long as they're supportive and just good people.. but madonna is a public person and it would be seen as a "signal" i guess. idk.. i can see why its better to not visit their lil party. and i think she has been outspoken about what they said as well in an isntagram post. not sure what she said exactly but i remember M and other people in fashion& entertainment on instagram clearly showing they didn't agree with them. however does that mean they have to suddenly ignore &avoid them? probably not. on a personal level. maybe not on a public level.

Guest Rachelle of London

Elton John was seen coming out of D&G in Beverly Hills a day after his Instagram rant carrying a D&G bag. He looked like a hypocrite then

Elton John was seen coming out of D&G in Beverly Hills a day after his Instagram rant carrying a D&G bag. He looked like a hypocrite then

elton_3237447b.jpg

After Sir Elton John called for a boycott of Dolce and Gabbana following their comments about same-sex parenting, you’d think the last thing he’d be spotted with would be a D&G bag.
So no wonder the singer claimed the pictures of him entering a recording studio in LA with one of the Italian designers’ shopping bags in his mitts had been photoshopped.
After the pictures surfaced on Tuesday, a rep for Elton told the Mirror Online: "This picture has been photoshopped. He was NOT carrying that bag. He was carrying a black brief case."
Phew. Or maybe not.
Just a few hours later, the rep had a change of heart, admitting that yes, it WAS in fact a D&G bag that Elton was carrying.
"He was carrying a DG bag,” the rep told the Mirror. "It seems it was an old bag with food in it, it had no clothes from DG in it."
The ‘it had food in it’ disclaimer aside, you’ve got to ask yourself why on earth Elton chose a D&G bag to carry his packed lunch to the office.
It’s not like he wouldn’t have had hundreds of other designer shopping bags to chose from under his kitchen sink, surely?
And come to think of it, why was Elton even carrying his own lunch, anyway? Surely he has people to do that for him?
So many questions.

144-Elton-John-seen-in-LA-holding-Dolce.

Mmmmmmm, I wonder what my darling husband packed for me in the lunchbox that he put in the black brief case ...

Guest Rachelle of London

^^^ the same week he was also bragging that his concert outfits were made by D&G. They also sent him lots of free stuff that week and all was forgiven :lmao:

On a personal level, I don't think D&G's view on gay marriage should be issue for her continuing friendship with them. Friends can have widely divergent views on topics.

On a business/PR level, I don't think it's a particularly good look to publicly associate with them, given her strong public views on a 'revolution of love', 'pro-gay rights', and 'freedom' in general. It has the potential to undermine that credibility, fairly or not. And given the media's delight in shitting on Madonna, I wouldn't be surprised if there is backlash.

And finally. PIG SMELTON.

[/Madonna Policy Adviser]

Just generally speaking, isn't the way of "revolution of love" to reach out to people who need reaching out to? Some people have very strange views that I don't get and I often try to understand where those views originated from. Is what they say out of something lacking in their own thought process or out of hate?

I don't know anything about Madonna going to this event but I have noticed that she focuses on not giving negativity power and it often comes across the wrong way to people.