Byyyyeeeee Madonnaaaa, are you pissed at me?

XXL

In the photo of Madonna and Courtney, isn't that guy in the background the mafia guy Madonna was dating who later went to prison?

yes.

Chris Paciello...friends and co-owner of Liquid with Ingrid

Always loved this. I know I shouldn't enjoy Courtney because she is a mess, but she is entertaining and somehow endearing. She was totally off her face. Madonna was very dignified and needed to be rescued. :lmao: By the way, how incredibly beautiful did Madonna look. One of her best looks ever.

I always wonder how early 90s Madonna would have handled that versus trail-end-of-bedtime-stories-era Madonna.

PS MY FAVOURITE MADONNA AWARDS SHOW LOOK, EVA.

Always loved this. I know I shouldn't enjoy Courtney because she is a mess, but she is entertaining and somehow endearing. She was totally off her face. Madonna was very dignified and needed to be rescued. :lmao: By the way, how incredibly beautiful did Madonna look. One of her best looks ever.

:rotfl::thumbsup:

Kurt Loder: In the face of that madness Madonna was absolutely dignified, composed, like an elderly stateswoman

21-most-memorable-mtv-vma--large-msg-137

1995_courtney.jpg

abfd3ddc9398502dcba8e4759079b96c.jpg

15903347-15903349-large.jpg

138966480.jpg

THE FACE is perfection

Do you you guys think Courtney was high on something that night?

Kurt Loder: In the face of that madness Madonna was absolutely dignified, composed, like an elderly stateswoman

Kurt Loder: You want them to wrestle on the stage or something :lmao:

Here's his recollection of the incident in print:

“We were set up on the side of Radio City Music Hall, and I was talking to Madonna and something came sailing through the air, and I had no idea what it was. It was a powder compact or something, and there was this kind of garbled shouting. I was up on a platform with Madonna, and we looked down, and there was Courtney. Madonna said, ‘Don’t bring her up here.’ Meanwhile, someone is in my ear, saying, ‘Get her up there. That would be great.’ I said, ‘Come on up, Courtney.’ So she came up, and she was a total mess, of course, but a wonderful mess—I love Courtney. Madonna, who was like an elder statesmen, said, ‘Oh, poor Courtney.’ She stayed for a little bit, until someone got her out of there.
“And then it was just Courtney. She was talking, and then she fell off the stool she was sitting on and landed on her back with her legs splayed, displaying herself to the camera guys, who were aghast. It was a memorable evening.”

Courtney was a total wreck but it was really amazing TV. :rotfl:

Madonna looked beautiful even when perplexed!

SzeqvtyS.gif

Courtney was a total wreck but it was really amazing TV. :rotfl:

Madonna looked beautiful even when perplexed!

SzeqvtyS.gif

Nemo, love that shot of Madonna and she does look perplexed. Simply one of her best looks ever. Stunningly beautiful. Courtney is hilarious too, such a wreck but a fun wreck. I think Madonna does not like confrontations either, you can tell by her reactions. She really held it together though.

Guest Rocco Papa

This is one of the reasons I'm a bit worried about Liz Rosenberg retiring. She was so brilliant at getting Madonna out of these sorts of situations. Let's just hope she puts Madonna in touch with someone just as good at their job as she was!

This is one of the most hilarious things ever.

I was OBSESSED w/Courtney when I was a teen, so when this happened, my head exploded. My two worlds colliding.

M was such a good sport, but you know she was like, "Get me the fuck out of here." lol

oh I never knew they were all in the same room for the Rolling Stone cover, I always thought it looked photo shopped.

It's the period when magazine photography in general started going 2 shit....

Here's what Tina had 2 say...

Guest eroticerotic

madonna was super beautiful between 1993-1996, she was a good combo of toned/voluptuous, all her styles were on point. she was also super brutally honest in interviews and had this dignified composure even through super tough questions. I loved those years.

the 1995 vmas was the peak of this period for me; thats was the end of that era before evita took over ...

95 VMAs don't even seem that long ago. I remember when MTV repeated it all the time.

Girl, I hear you. It will be 20 years ago this Fall. 20 years!!!