Crow Voice...

tasteinmen

Heartbeat:

"The ooonlyyyy oooaaaaaaaone..."

Listened to the track yesterday after a pretty long time and was quite shocked. It's only that line though...

Btw I love her vocals on Dance 2night. It has a very nasal tone to it, but it sounds cool imo.

Idk if I've ever heard the crow but I would love to hear her sound like express yourself or rescue me again. If anything her voice has softened since then.

I could pass the crow voice when she sings, but I really really hate the crow voice when she screams during songs. Like in almost all the Sticky and Sweet performances

(Human Nature, Into the Groove, Heartbeat, She's not me, Bordeline, Hung up, etc.)

On MDNA tour, Until the speakers Blaaaaaaoooooooowwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrr

The crow is legendary! Personally I live for the crow! Every 4 minutes performance was crowtastic! I missed the crow during MDNA however she did unleash a little during the South American performances of Candy Shawp

preach it chelle!

I love crowdonna.

99% of artists especially ones that tour a lot if you search through all their performances you can find some equally bad performances. No one can sound good all the time, however it doesn't mean such bad performances are how they sound all or the majority of the time.

Yes I completely agree with you and I'm not refuting that fact. My point was that those vocals were bad at that moment at that time. No, she is not always like that , most of the time she is incredible.

However Yes, even madonna can have a bad performance.

The crow is legendary! Personally I live for the crow! Every 4 minutes performance was crowtastic! I missed the crow during MDNA however she did unleash a little during the South American performances of Candy Shawp

The Crow is LYFE!!!!!

Guest Rachelle of London

Really? We're meant to explain the Crow voice now as if it's some exact science? honestly the humourlessness of some people here.. :rolleyes:

:clap:

"Candy Shop" Sticky & Sweet was legendary.

*Madge just warmin' up*

"Ahl be your one-stawp

Candy shawp

Evrethaaang

That uh got"

*second go around*

"Ahll be your one-stawwwp

Candeh shawwwwwp

Ev-ruh-thaaaaaaaaaaianaiaaangggggngngg

tiW5g7g.jpg

That uh gawttt"

I don't understand this at all. Madonna has never been a belter or does she have a husky voice. WTG and BAT had some of her poorest live vocals so that makes no sense. She has never sounded remotely like Mick Jagger.

She may go off key especially when she's dancing but I don't think her tone has changed radically.

Ummmmmm Madonna's voice was pretty husky *in a good way* pre-Evita and that's what makes her 80's/early 90's vocals stand out from the other pop tarts. After Evita she started singing with her forehead and her singing voice completely changed. She literally sounds like a crow in the first verses of LFL.

Guest Rachelle of London

Candeh Shawwwwp is my crowtastic song of choice! It would sound so odd without the crow!

The Girlie Show had some very strong, very soulful vocals like Rain, Express Yourself, WISH and Everybody (one of her best live vocals ever in my opinion). She didn't sound strained at all.

Blond Ambition had some amazing moments of strength like LAP, OF, KIT but some of her vocals were really strained especially LAV which depending on the performance is pretty dire.

I can't fault Confessions at all, perfect vocals the whole way through and same with RIT except for the God awful rock versions of BU and MG which fucking sucked.

When I think of crow I think of Sticky and Sweet. Why do you think they dubbed the entire show for the DVD except for maybe You Must Love Me and HM or SNM where she pretty much just shrieked at the audience the whole time. Easily one of her best tours but some truly awful vocals. Thank god she lip synced the more up tempo numbers of MDNA.