Crow Voice...

tasteinmen

^ that performance was so amazing tho that I don't think anyone really pays attention to those vocals. They kind of matched the frenetic type choreography. I always thought it was intentional whereas other performances she clearly didn't intend to sound like a crow 😀

"Candy Shop" Sticky & Sweet was legendary.

*Madge just warmin' up*

"Ahl be your one-stawp

Candy shawp

Evrethaaang

That uh got"

*second go around*

"Ahll be your one-stawwwp

Candeh shawwwwwp

Ev-ruh-thaaaaaaaaaaianaiaaangggggngngg

That uh gawttt"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Candy Shop from the SSTour is one of the best example of her crow voice! That "everythhaaaaaaainnnnnggggg" is legendary!

The HU performance at the EMAs for example, especially towards the end she got some crowtastic vocals.

Yeah that was pretty bad. She basically had to shout the last two lines but the the performance overall was amazing.

One of my favourite things about Rebel Heart is how she's embraced her lower register like in HeartBreakCity, Ghosttown and Rebel Heart. She's gonna sing those songs so well live.

The problem that she usually faces is that due to concert acoustic, she has to belt out constantly and this puts a lot of straining in her singing. The first instance that comes to mind is Borderline at S&S Tour. I love her but oh my god those vocals were dire and it was the epitome of the crow voice. I totally support her decision to use the studio/rehearsal vocals in the DVD.

OMG. I have not seen that YouTube video in years and I'm dying. I just lose it every time from 00:26-00:30.

EHVRYTHANG

I hate her crow voice, sorry.

And how is it possible that someone doesn't understand the term? crow=nasal voice, it doesn't sound good. Hard Candy era was her crow peak, fortunately in MDNA and especially in Rebel Heart she returned to her haunting vocals in most of the songs.

Yeah that was pretty bad. She basically had to shout the last two lines but the the performance overall was amazing.

One of my favourite things about Rebel Heart is how she's embraced her lower register like in HeartBreakCity, Ghosttown and Rebel Heart. She's gonna sing those songs so well live.

The problem that she usually faces is that due to concert acoustic, she has to belt out constantly and this puts a lot of straining in her singing. The first instance that comes to mind is Borderline at S&S Tour. I love her but oh my god those vocals were dire and it was the epitome of the crow voice. I totally support her decision to use the studio/rehearsal vocals in the DVD.

but even that studio vocals were terrible :chuckle:

This should be in flop princesses thread she sometimes has bad vocals because she dancing alot but this thread is saying madonna can't sing I love her voice mariah carey makes my ears bleed never could stand that bitch screeching

I had never thought of it as "crow voice" until I got on this forum. I always thought as she aged she was letting the nasal part of her register take over and it was a slightly different style from her early days. At least I don't hear fan excuses about her having nodules.

I'm surprised no one has brought up her performance of LAP at the Haiti concert. That was truly something else haha

Huh? I thought her vocals on that were excellent.

Now nasal I do understand. Why not say that instead of crow?

I had never thought of it as "crow voice" until I got on this forum. I always thought as she aged she was letting the nasal part of her register take over and it was a slightly different style from her early days. At least I don't hear fan excuses about her having nodules.

Nodules are a real problem for a lot of artists. But they usually make someone's voice raspier and deeper not nasal usually.

They can be a pretty serious problem that requires surgery.

When she did that play in london she had very little volume. I guess it depends a lot on how she s miked.

Some of you seem really defensive about this. The fact is that the voice changes slightly as you grow older. But more importantly, Madonna has changed (for better AND worse) the WAY she sings. I, too, noticed the change after Evita/ROL. Whether you want to call it "crow" or "nasal" or "head voice," it's a noticeable change.