Something To Remember!

Guest Sinisin

Guest Sinisin

If you're over 30, don't listen, unless you like to cry! Her voice! The lyrics! I'm so sad! :( I just think of the good old days...:( I took her love for granted.

If you're over 30, don't listen, unless you like to cry! Her voice! The lyrics! I'm so sad! :( I just think of the good old days... :( I took her love for granted.

It's the best of her best, I'm being retrospective yall, it just wrecks me a bit. Im sorry. :(

:( I didn't expect TUTBMP. Damn, sad. Her voice.

I feel alcohol (etc) is heavily at play here ^ , but it is an exqusite compilation. :D Boring ass era though.

I feel alcohol (etc) is heavily at play here ^

ahahah

I don't listen to STR very often but when I do I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it flows. As for STR the song, it always breaks my heart when I listen to it. I love how such a personal, reflective song was placed smack dab in the middle of her concept album.

I feel alcohol (etc) is heavily at play here ^ , but it is an exqusite compilation. :D Boring ass era though.

What? No! Way more interesting than the Evita era!

We got amazing videos for You'll See and I Want You and great remixes along with the beautiful Versace campaigns.

It rounded off a beautiful three years of music and videos. 92 to 95 was Miamidonna rocking some fierce looks and sounds.

I've listened to this comp quite a few times recently, it's an amazing album, I'll Remember, I Want You, TUTBMP... Beautiful.

If she was to do a second ballad compilation what do you think it'd include? I find her ballads became less "ballad-esque" from ROL onwards, except RH ballads, they are classic Madonna ballads (Ghost Town, Heartbreak City, Joan of Arc).

Like, are Frozen and WIFLFAG considered ballads??

She really should have done a second ballad collection as long as album did sell, now it would be pointless. But i would love it anyway.

Guest Sinisin

Busted. ;)

Still, the cd is great, especially if you don't look at the track list and let it play, so many forgotten gems! Its a nice surprise to rediscover some of the songs.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Perfect album, always loved it, and it does play beautifully from start to finish, wonderful mood.

I would love a second installment. It would be the ideal chance to release some bsides.

1. Heaven

2. Arioso

3. Be Careful With My Heart (solo)

4. Ghosttown

5. X-static Process

6. Frozen

7. Nothing Fails

8. Gone

9. Falling Free

10. Time Stood Still

11. Easy Ride

12. If You Go Away

13. Paradise

14. Messiah

15. The Power of Goodbye

16. Masterpiece

17. Tragic Girl

I was a liitle bit unhappy with STR when it appeared, because I´ve been listenig to these songs every day for the last 8 years or so, so there were only a few new songs for me. And I wanted to dance in 1995. But now, it´s been so long since I´ve linstened to these songs, and the albums flows incredibly well, it´s so sad and beautiful

She really should have done a second ballad collection as long as album did sell, now it would be pointless. But i would love it anyway.

I don't think it would be pointless... it would be a great way to fulfill her contract with a compilation record, not as much pressure for sales with comp albums anyway, and she has some lovely ballads post the last "Something to Remember".

Not sure how it works when she is on a new label since some of the songs I would like on a compilation are under Warner, but post Warner, i think it's a great opportunity to remind the world of the amazing ballads on MDNA, and to put on mixed/mastered version of demos like "Joan of Arc" from RH, B-sides, and album versions of course.

It would be so awesome!

I listened to Shirley Basey's rendition today of "You'll see"... Madonna has to perform it again live in the Rebel Heart Tour! It's an amazing song!

Although it is one of my very favourite era's of hers and the album is exquisite, I think STR part 2 is probably not a good idea in the context of the current musical climate. Of course she has had amazing ballads since the first compilation but she's no longer known for her slower songs and I believe the public purely see her as a dance/pop artist now which is a shame.

In the context of 1995 it was a particularly smart move for many reasons, commercially and otherwise. Number 1 being her obvious desire to soften her image at the time and bridge the gap between BS and the release of Evita. It was smart of her to want to keep her fans happy and the public engaged whilst she went away and focused on Evita out of the limelight for nearly 12 months. Little did she know that she was in no danger of being overshadowed or her star fading during that period as I believe the tide of opinion and media fascination really turned in her favour during that period and the focus on her during that timeframe was as intense as it had ever been with the interest in her portrayal of Evita being very high and much anticipated along with all the controversy in Argentina and the forthcoming pregnancy. Number 2, she was consciously placing herself in direct competition with the likes of Mariah, Celine and Whitney who were all riding high with ballads at the time whilst riding the trends of the charts in the mid 90's which was very ballads heavy. Such a shame You'll See never went to number one or was more successful in the US as in my opinion it's a much better, stronger song than her previous number 1, Take a Bow and the video was glorious. I suppose TAB came at a perfect time as everyone was very into Babyface and that type of smooth RnB type music.

She was originally going to call the album I Want You and obviously that was going to be the lead single. Such a huge, huge shame it didn't pan out but at least we got the lovely YS. I never understood the official reasons why she was barred from releasing it as a single. Wasn't the whole fucken purpose of the song to cover Marvin Gaye and appear on that tribute album of his. Like duh. His estate would of just made even more profit surely and it's not like it wasn't a quality cover version. Surely there has to be another reason, Warner Bros probably pulled it at the last minute knowing them and just blamed Gaye's estate or just wanted to sell more albums like the Beautiful Stranger/Austin Powers hot mess. I remain dumbfounded.

Although it is one of my very favourite era's of hers and the album is exquisite, I think STR part 2 is probably not a good idea in the context of the current musical climate. Of course she has had amazing ballads since the first compilation but she's no longer known for her slower songs and I believe the public purely see her as a dance/pop artist now which is a shame.

In the context of 1995 it was a particularly smart move for many reasons, commercially and otherwise. Number 1 being her obvious desire to soften her image at the time and bridge the gap between BS and the release of Evita. It was smart of her to want to keep her fans happy and the public engaged whilst she went away and focused on Evita out of the limelight for nearly 12 months. Little did she know that she was in no danger of being overshadowed or her star fading during that period as I believe the tide of opinion and media fascination really turned in her favour during that period and the focus on her during that timeframe was as intense as it had ever been with the interest in her portrayal of Evita being very high and much anticipated along with all the controversy in Argentina and the forthcoming pregnancy. Number 2, she was consciously placing herself in direct competition with the likes of Mariah, Celine and Whitney who were all riding high with ballads at the time whilst riding the trends of the charts in the mid 90's which was very ballads heavy. Such a shame You'll See never went to number one or was more successful in the US as in my opinion it's a much better, stronger song than her previous number 1, Take a Bow and the video was glorious. I suppose TAB came at a perfect time as everyone was very into Babyface and that type of smooth RnB type music.

She was originally going to call the album I Want You and obviously that was going to be the lead single. Such a huge, huge shame it didn't pan out but at least we got the lovely YS. I never understood the official reasons why she was barred from releasing it as a single. Wasn't the whole fucken purpose of the song to cover Marvin Gaye and appear on that tribute album of his. Like duh. His estate would of just made even more profit surely and it's not like it wasn't a quality cover version. Surely there has to be another reason, Warner Bros probably pulled it at the last minute knowing them and just blamed Gaye's estate or just wanted to sell more albums like the Beautiful Stranger/Austin Powers hot mess. I remain dumbfounded.

I don't either. I never heard what went on but it was such a shame. It was the standout song from the album too! Beautifully done.

Still, You'll See was epic and really improved her reputation in the UK.

But I still think 'Love Tried To Welcome Me' should have been on it, not 'Forbidden Love'.

I love the album and the era.

but The look of love should be on this album, and Promise to Try instead of Forbidden Love

specially TLOL, cause like IR and TUTBMP there's only in WTG's OST

that era would have been perfect with only one live show, maybe a TV special of a one night only theater live show.

I NEED a live version of IR and TUTBMP in my life

Guest Sinisin

I love the album and the era.

but The look of love should be on this album, and Promise to Try instead of Forbidden Love

specially TLOL, cause like IR and TUTBMP there's only in WTG's OST

that era would have been perfect with only one live show, maybe a TV special of a one night only theater live show.

I NEED a live version of IR and TUTBMP in my life

Yes yes Yeeeessssssss!

Guest bluejean

The whole album is fantastic. And the song itself is also amazing.

You'll See is superb and I Want You is a masterpiece. How anyone could find this era boring, I don't know. It was beautiful.

Guest bluejean

I think Bad Girl and Promise To Try would have been nice additions. I guess she couldn't include everything though. But those 2 are essentials.

I think Bad Girl and Promise To Try would have been nice additions. I guess she couldn't include everything though. But those 2 are essentials.

and The look of love: I wouldn´t included the instrumental I want you, and I would have included the look of love