Truth or Dare Worship Thread

Sloane

I'm going to be watching Truth Or Dare and here is the trailer to prepare for this monumental event.

I wanted to get this thread up beforehand. It's not on Youtube anymore in its entirety, which it was about a year ago last I watched it, so I have to go out and buy the DVD because I only have it on VHS lol.

In addition to some of the best edited footage from BAT, this film is a treasure-trove of Madonna being a diva. So many iconic one-liners, I can't wait to watch it.

tumblr_mg67pbOPPR1rp25b8o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_lsro2j4l9C1qzwglbo2_r1_500.gif

Please post your best gifs and stories to share here. There's one gif in particular, which got me all started on Truth Or Dare today, that I can't find. It's when she's sitting in the chair in her dressing room and Nikki and Donna are rehearsing and she says, "Do I have to put up with this?" I can't believe no one's made a gif of that. Please post if you find it. Thanks!

This movie is everything. :inlove:

When it originally came out, I was all of 13 and was absolutely not allowed to see it in the theaters. BUT when it came out on video, my friend and I managed to have her mom rent it for us, and we watched it after everyone went to bed. And it was everything I dreamed it was going to be. lol

tumblr_md5d62Fvgo1rk96voo1_400.gif

:madonna2:

The movie that made me fall in love with her as a legend, crazy person, and ultra talented individual.

My mom let me watch a censored version in 1993. I was nine years old. Thank you, Mom!!!

I didn't watch the full version until maybe ten years ago. Although a bit long, it's still one of the best documentary biographies ever made.

My favorite movie.

I have it on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray,

I even have the Julie Brown's parody Medusa: Dare To Be Truthful.

I watched it so many times that I try and look for different things. One thing non-Madonna related that took me awhile was the cute French girl when Madonna went shopping.

Like in Ciao Italia, during Holiday, I always see the girl that reminds me of Martika.

Guest ditaluver

This movie is everything. :inlove:

When it originally came out, I was all of 13 and was absolutely not allowed to see it in the theaters. BUT when it came out on video, my friend and I managed to have her mom rent it for us, and we watched it after everyone went to bed. And it was everything I dreamed it was going to be. lol

tumblr_md5d62Fvgo1rk96voo1_400.gif

:madonna2:

this is similar to my story but I got into a theater only to have my mom come pull us out! oh the drama. I didnt get to see past the like a virgin performance until after it was released on vhs. i would watch over and over and over. even recorded the audio onto a cassette tape so I could listen everywhere I went. OBSESSED

this is similar to my story but I got into a theater only to have my mom come pull us out! oh the drama. I didnt get to see past the like a virgin performance until after it was released on vhs. i would watch over and over and over. even recorded the audio onto a cassette tape so I could listen everywhere I went. OBSESSED

It was so scandalous!!! My parents were okay with my fangirling for the most part, but this was one thing they put their foot down on. Which (naturally) made me want to see it more!

However, I found a way, as I always did (and have always done. haha.).

I saw Truth or Dare in the theaters in Rochester, most likely the day it came out but not sure. I remember seeing Express Yourself with camera panning up Madonna as she raised her fist and was blown away it was so gorgeous. The LAV performance in this film is BY FAR my favorite way to watch LAV. Masterpiece.

After the movie I went into the bathroom and this woman started talking to me as we washed our hands and told me Madonna was "just like that in school," in a kinda derogatory way (jealous). I guess I was supposed to fan-girl out and be so impressed she knew Madonna. I just said "oh" and left.

My favorite movie.

I have it on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray,

I even have the Julie Brown's parody Medusa: Dare To Be Truthful.

I watched it so many times that I try and look for different things. One thing non-Madonna related that took me awhile was the cute French girl when Madonna went shopping.

Like in Ciao Italia, during Holiday, I always see the girl that reminds me of Martika.

Glad to hear it's on DVD. I wasn't sure if it went the way of BAT and never got a release. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.

Glad to hear it's on DVD. I wasn't sure if it went the way of BAT and never got a release. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.

Amazon said it was released in 2012 but I am sure I got it way earlier than that.

I ripped the audio for the songs so I can listen to it whenever I want.

The petition for RHTour documentary starts here :wow:

Yes.

And it should be at least 3 hours long and with lots of bonus footage!!!

Guest bluejean

This movie really is a true classic. One of the most quotable movies ever.

I actually ripped an audio version of it, it can be inspiring to have playing in the background to help you get in touch with the unapologetic bitch within.

Guest bluejean

The petition for RHTour documentary starts here :wow:

I wonder if she would?

I feel like if she did another tour doco it would be less about her and backstage dramas and more about the world outside of her. You know, like some kind of political commentary/activist type affair. Remember all the shit that went on through the MDNA tour? That would have been a great doco.

• 2 weeks later...

that movie was such a classic and whatever happened afterwards it changed being gay for so many.

"being gay wasn't cool" -

Here you go, Sloane. Donna was imitating Belinda Carlisle, and Madonna was annoyed. :biggrin:

kPLCl2eK.gif

This is the one thank you so much!!!!