New York Times: Growing Older with Madonna

HolidayGuy

^ I didn't say that it was a bad one. I'm not a Moan of Arcer and I get that it's a positive thing that NYT still cares enough to publish such articles about her. I'm questioning why writers feel compelled to talk about her impact and relevance and then finish off with a "but", no pun intended.

I guess they feel like they have to do that in order to not come across as bias.

^ I didn't say that it was a bad one. I'm not a Moan of Arcer and I get that it's a positive thing that NYT still cares enough to publish such articles about her. I'm questioning why writers feel compelled to talk about her impact and relevance and then finish off with a "but", no pun intended.

You're no Moan of Arcer! :asian:

I think it is a good article. I love this line.

And let’s not forget that when pop stars now shoot whipped cream out of their bras and wear dresses made of meat, it’s because they are trying to clear the bar she set.

The author does not call Madonna embarrassing and relentlessly trying to act young. He was challenging his own views on ageism and upon reflection acknowledges Madonna has indeed been a cultural force challenging societies view on ageism and will continue do that right to the end!!!

totaly agree

I love the article is incredibly spot on. And the age issue, whenever is used to explain how much she's fighting and how much shit she's taking because she wants to open the doors to younger artist is a VICTORY to Madonna.

This is her ultimate fight. She has opened the doors to many things. And this battle is the most difficult when she's less powerful, but she's going to fight because she IS Joan of Arch (even though she thinks she is not yet)

This is the most important era in Madonna's career probably ever. Yes sometimes i feel like she does not need to do what she does or goes too far and then i realize i had the same impression when i saw her kissing other women or flashing her breasts, having all these gay guys in Truth or dare...She made me evolve and open my mind to what is different and most of all to my own difference. She's taking shit but she knows what she's doing. She's building the future like she always did.

People may bark but at the same time she's making them talk about this very topic and probably showing them how much they are stuck up. I believe she's doing her job as an artist which is not looking for popularity but to bring a new light on something we thought was one way and question why it should be so.

EXACTLY

It's a good article, and a great reflexion about age and sexism. Only Madonna can create such debate with her art :clap: :clap: :clap:

What's offensive about the article, and most current discussions about Madonna, is the assumption that they are smarter than Madonna is. That because all of a sudden millennials exist that she has somehow lost her touch. The diminishing returns on her chart-topping is/was/will always be inevitable. Make no mistake that everything she is doing now is because she's way ahead of everyone. We won't fully understand the impact of all of this for decades to come. She's no dummy. And all these twats need to pull their heads out of their asses and recognize that fact.

What's offensive about the article, and most current discussions about Madonna, is the assumption that they are smarter than Madonna is. That because all of a sudden millennials exist that she has somehow lost her touch. The diminishing returns on her chart-topping is/was/will always be inevitable. Make no mistake that everything she is doing now is because she's way ahead of everyone. We won't fully understand the impact of all of this for decades to come. She's no dummy. And all these twats need to pull their heads out of their asses and recognize that fact.

Well, we should close this forum then. Because we are always saying what we would do instead of what she's doing :lmao::lmao:

The morons here saying "Good Article" lol There is nothing good about the article other than they keep bother writing an article.

There was a lot of good stuff in this article actually. Madonna is forever challenging what people think and is fighting an ageist society. She is doing it with bravery and style and the writer admires her for it and praises her, while calling out bias about ageing and attitudes. Madonna will always be talked about and in years to come, people will look back at this time of her career and truly appreciate what she is doing.