Thank you Madonna for not "aging gracefully"

ULIZOS

I totally get what you're saying! That's why I put it in quotation marks. I think all of this Madonna is doing is something only an older, beautiful, well-established woman like Madonna could pull off. It's art at its finest and only a very mature artist could ever pull it off. Someone like Ariana Grande, although she's one of the flavors of the month and I personally like her probably doesn't know who Francis Bacon is and would just look ridiculous if she came out flashing her ass on the red carpet. There's an air of genius behind Madonna's stunt. Like the Britney / Christina / Madonna dyke wedding kiss. It was pure genius.

LIving for Love was a Francis Bacon painting that came to life. What's more graceful, intelligent and beautiful than that?!?!??!?! Some older woman singing piano version of her past hits? That's not graceful; that's predictable, boring and plain old conformism. And only Madonna could do that and then sing about golden showers a few songs later :lmao:

Yaaas, thank you for verbalizing it. My husband yesterday was watching the BIM video. He certainly loves Madonna now and adores RH, but when he was watching the video he said something like, "Isn't it strange that she's doing a song like BIM now and LAP when she was younger? Isn't supposed to be the other way around?"

And I said, "But Madonna was doing both kinds of songs then and she's doing them now. You already have LFL and GT. Why not BIM? What's so wrong about that?"

Direct credit goes to Madonnanation for helping come to terms with this :lmao:

If Madonna were one dimensional maybe she would have made a Duets album like Big Nose Streisand. But Madonna is multi dimensional and has so many sides to her. She has the super sophisticated, high art side to her, while she also has the very fun, party, and pop side to her. M is so great at straddling the line between high art/avant garde and straight up unapologetic pop music. She's both sides of the coin.

If the Rebel Heart album concept didn't make that clear, idk what will!

If Madonna were one dimensional maybe she would have made a Duets album like Big Nose Streisand.

ugF4Lgt.jpg

Ugh, imagine??? Imagine if Madonna went on a faux-jazz tour singing the standards and jazzy adult contemporary versions of her hits. All covered up. With a handful of new ballads sprinkled in. And a few conversations with the audience about how she's all grown up and mature now and how she's seen the light.

I'm so glad there wasn't a Ray of Light tour. I LOVE ROL, but seriously. That would've been a snooze fest.

What I love about this woman is that she never brags and lists out all her achievements, unlike some murmurer who describes herself as "An icon, a trendsetter, a businessperson, a multi-gifted artist" on her social media accounts, or some moomooer who has to tell the world daily that she has 18 forgettable #1s. Madonna just keeps pushing forward.

You can't put Madonna in a box. That is what makes her fascinating. Madonna is an artist. That means that she gets new ideas. She is mercurial. Unfortunately, the masses think that she should conform to their fantasies. This, in their own way, is how they 'control' her. You cannot control a Lioness. The fact that she has such a huge catalog is proof of this.

Imagine her living off her hits, making them jazz like Kilo?

Imagine her releasing fake pictures from 6 years ago as a new pic of the new album?

Imagine her being addicted to drugs and having lost her movements and voice and end up dead?

Imagine her having become a weirdo and crazy during the 90s and end up dead?

Imagine her bitter and alone?

No wonder she said in that little fans questions interview (the one with the paper that seemed like a rat) that her favourite moment of her career was right now.

I am so tired of all of the criticism of Madonna for being "old" and not acting her age in the media. Just can't get over how many idiots that comment in the media, always have to harp on about her age. Was watching the Project the other night and to see the likes of Pete Hellier asking if she should have insurance to tour with her age and bringing up about her fall , is so boring, clique, sexist and ageist. Personally, I find in Australia, it is the males that seem to bring up her age. Carrie Bickmore loved her but the men were yet again putting her down for simply not being in her 20's. The funniest part is - she looks beautiful and so young. It is just the latest thing they use to criticise her and unfortunately if the one thing that people are very biased and speak out about. Women getting older - still have no idea why that is considered to be something awful.

Karbatal :thumbsup:

Everything you said. Those are some of the things certain quarters of the press are mad at her for. And the fact that she's one of a handful of stars from way back in the 80s who's still among the highest-earning celebrities of any field 30+ years on

Good for her and good on her . She's giving women more choices in life.

Karbatal :thumbsup:

Everything you said. Those are some of the things certain quarters of the press are mad at her for. And the fact that she's one of a handful of stars from way back in the 80s who's still among the highest-earning celebrities of any field 30+ years on

Exactly. They wanted her to be a broken toy. They wanted her to be severely punished after Sex. They wanted her to get old. They want her to be a laughable stock. Well, she will have the last word.

Imagine her living off her hits, making them jazz like Kilo?

Imagine her releasing fake pictures from 6 years ago as a new pic of the new album?

Imagine her being addicted to drugs and having lost her movements and voice and end up dead?

Imagine her having become a weirdo and crazy during the 90s and end up dead?

Imagine her bitter and alone?

No wonder she said in that little fans questions interview (the one with the paper that seemed like a rat) that her favourite moment of her career was right now.

Spot on Karbatal. :thumbsup:

Exactly. They wanted her to be a broken toy. They wanted her to be severely punished after Sex. They wanted her to get old. They want her to be a laughable stock. Well, she will have the last word.

AMEN