The Apt Location of the La Isla Bonita video today in Los Angeles.

Guest Pud Whacker

Definetely not the same church. this is the Mission, Maria Stella Maris church, nad here it is in 1978 :

Maria-Stella-Maris-mission.jpg

It's more likely the church is a small one in LA or scenery from the Hollywood studios, like the villa and its interior...

Who knew that the brickwork in The Power of Goodbye was so ugly. Thank god for the color grading.

But, surely every location form every Madonna video shoudl be heritage listed so it can never be changed.

Who knew that the brickwork in The Power of Goodbye was so ugly. Thank god for the color grading.

Yes totally!!

Love this thread! As someone said already, I would love to know where the steps from the PDP video are located. I wanna recreate this iconica moment!

Love it. Where are the steps from PDP located???

Robert Miller in 1986. A Cincinnati resident, Miller was looking to buy an old steam yacht and had come across the Circle Line V sitting idle in New York's Hudson River. The vessel's owner at the time sold it to Miller for $7,500. Miller told The Kentucky Enquirer (an article that is now behind a paywall, but freely viewable via The Wisconsin State Journal) in 2011 that it took him ten days to repair the boat and get it seaworthy again. One day while working on the ship, a limousine pulled up to the dock. A representative of Madonna greeted him, asking to use the Circle Line V as a background element in one of the wildly popular pop star's upcoming music videos. The ship ended up having a cameo in the video for Madonna's single "Papa Don't Preach."

ORDTHCz.jpg

So I guess we'd have to look for locations on New Jersey... Or near the Hudson river.