Avicii comments on demos vs final versions

The avicii tracks were part of the best travks on the album.

Kanye s work on the tracks is poor and give the tracks a sad, dull, dark note that i cannot stand... I never ever listen to the kanye s versions,

I love the initial versions of waom and rebel heart and borrowed time; although the production is a bit dated, they are way better than the final versions.

The folk version of dp is good but the final one is better

Edited by heymrdj1

What songs of his were changed though?

Wash

Borrowed Time

Devil Pray

Only Wash was the one that's been drastically changed.

Addicted, Rebel, and Messiah are still Avicii's production.

Avicii didn't mean any harm, this is all die in part to the article miss quoting him. But I just don't see the big deal. People act like Avicii isn't on the album, yet he's still present.

The avicii tracks were part of the best travks on the album.

Kanye s work on the tracks is poor and give the tracks a sad, dull, dark note that i cannot stand... I never ever listen to the kanye s versions,

I love the initial versions of waom and rebel heart and borrowed time; although the production is a bit dated, they are way better than the final versions.

The folk version of dp is good but the final one is better

Amen to that!

The demo sounds too much like "Avicii feat. Madonna" imo. It's certainly catchier than the album version but I'm still glad they changed the production. My initial thought when I first heard the RH and WAOM demos was "please let them change the production drastically". Both songs have a great top melody but Avicii's very typical (and overused) style bothered me right from the start. I don't dislike them but I could already hear people saying "she's jumping on the bandwagon again" or "she's desperate to sound current". Of course now, the other side is saying "she should have gone with the Avicii sound, it would have been a hit".

Oh well, I guess she will never be able to get it right for everybody. She got it right for me with the entire album and that's what ultimately matters to me.

Madonna should re-release Rebel Heart with the "demo" versions of some songs (original versions before the leak) and a few alternate selections. Never Let You Go, Heaven, Queen, etc. She could still get a number one out of this. There was plenty of material. I would buy another version in multiple copies again. It would be terrific. The album would end up being very different from the current album and would generate enough sales and interest.

Madonna should re-release Rebel Heart with the "demo" versions of some songs (original versions before the leak) and a few alternate selections. Never Let You Go, Heaven, Queen, etc. She could still get a number one out of this. There was plenty of material. I would buy another version in multiple copies again. It would be terrific. The album would end up being very different from the current album and would generate enough sales and interest.

Really, why don't they milk this for all it's worth

I love Rebel Heart the song, album version. The only song Im bummed about is Inside Out. Demo is everything. Album version is shit. There! I said it!

Speaking of, I heard somewhere that Madonna stripped Avicii's sound off because he refused to fuck her. Like, I totally believe this. Sounds legit! Bye!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Speaking of, I heard somewhere that Madonna stripped Avicii's sound off because he refused to fuck her. Like, I totally believe this. Sounds legit! Bye!

Weird, cause I heard somewhere she stripped it because he asked her to arrange for him to fuck Liz Rosenberg, but she refused and allegedly said : "No way, I own her, get the fuck out". True story.