Rebel Heart DEMO appreciation

Guest bluejean

Oh and for the record the demo was, is and will always be much better. I'd be quite happy for her to do this version on tour.

I suspect Rebel Heart will be one the guitar tracks.

The demo version of this song is simply one of her best, most perfectly crafted pop songs ever. It's a masterpiece!!!!!!!

For your record, that is, blue. :) I'm glad she went with what she did for the album. I listened to the demo once and probably won't go back to it. If I want to hear a track with production like "Wake Me Up," I'll go to that track.

Guest Pud Whacker

The demo version of this song is simply one of her best, most perfectly crafted pop songs ever. It's a masterpiece!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Hope this is the version she does on

Tour. This and wash will segue with Hung Up fabulously!!!

Yes. Add me to the chorus of fans saying this demo should have been the lead single.

The Wash demo is more superior than RH demo. For me yes the RH demo was great but it got old for me and when I listen to jt again, it doesnt have that good feel I had when it was new. Now Wash demo is still amazing!

If Mike Dean really is the musical director, the chances of her doing the demo versions live are slim to none

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Medoner

Im honestly so fucking pissed we didnt get this and WAOM aviciified on the album. They still feel like the 2 massive madonna hits that never were! Modern classics almost! Even the housey vibe sounds edgy and polished and just so damn perfect on both songs

Im honestly so fucking pissed we didnt get this and WAOM aviciified on the album. They still feel like the 2 massive madonna hits that never were! Modern classics almost! Even the housey vibe sounds edgy and polished and just so damn perfect on both songs

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

oh dear, at this pace those demos will be like "these songs would have changed Human History if played in the UNO"

Guest Medoner

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

oh dear, at this pace those demos will be like "these songs would have changed Human History if played in the UNO"

Pls :lmao: they really sound like very rememberable tracks to me im sowwy :(

I agree. Yesterday, I listened to the demo for the first time since the album release, and it is so much better than the album version. It's a huge disapointment that they didn't keep the vocodered "Re-bel HAARarARARRRRRT" hook. The demo sounds like a potential radio classic.

Guest Medoner

you know what? fuck it. im not sorry. just had a blast listening to this song LOUD. its one of the best madonna songs ever and id lie if i said im not pissed about it

Rebel Heart demo will haunt Madonna forums forever, isn't it?

Well, as many other demos would have been fan favs if they had leaked. The ending of Deeper and Deeper, the extra melodies of Get Together...

Guest HaveASit

I think this case is way worse, considering many fans justify the album poor sales with the lead single choice. They say Avicii Heart is a lost huge hit. I disagree tbh.

Thanks, Pud and whoop, etc.

That demo brings "Wake Me Up" to mind, when the beat kicks in (which may be what M wanted to avoid).

Agreed. And sorry to ALL who love The demo. Its a hidiously generic almost eurovision type horribly dated avicii rehash gay disco tune. She would have been murdered for that. -_- Its awful.... Maybe The final edit is a bit boring or something but its still sonically a vast improvement.

Sorrynotsorry

Edit, UPS this was appreciation thread so maybe I shouldt have said that...maybesorryafterall

Guest HaveASit

Hasnt she said that Kanye listened to the whole album and pointed the direction she should take on some of the songs? Those Avicii production changes sound like something he would do.

I like the demo version of Rebel Heart but realistically it is way too similar to Avicii's single "The Days" feat. Robbie Williams, The chorus is almost identical to me actually, which may have been one of the many reasons she started down the road of other producers and ultimately went in so many other directions stylistically.

But there could be an acoustic version for the show....maybe why that version was recently taken off DailyMotion ??? Hmmm.....

Edited by elayman

Guest Medoner

I like the demo version of Rebel Heart but realistically it is way too similar to Avicii's single "The Days" feat. Robbie Williams, The chorus is almost identical to me actually, which may have been one of the many reasons she started down the road of other producers and ultimately went in so many other directions stylistically.

But there could be an acoustic version for the show....maybe why that version was recently taken off DailyMotion ??? Hmmm.....

It actually does sound a lot like "the days"

I'm so glad Avicii got eradicated from this album pretty much. He simply used the same beats he used on his own tracks and re-used them. He is one-dimensional and repetitive. Madonna made an album that didn't sound like the people that produced it but the sound she was going for.

The real genius behind his tracks are his songwriting team, including Carl Falk.