Now that the dust has settled, where would RH rank in your all time M albums list?

I also don't see how some people here put Rebel Heart at the bottom of their list. It just puzzles me. The album has 19 single worthy tracks that are fun, lyrical, catchy, spiritual, provocative, sexy, you name it!!! Her vocals are gorgeous! Production is on point! It's the best shit she's ever done and it's current! Plus, it's in the era that IS HAPPENING TODAY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!! We are lucky to have Madonna staying on top this long and putting out music that is absolute bliss to the ears. How can some of you dwell on past albums for dear life is beyond me. Yes, her first albums are classic gems for sure! Legendary and nothing can ever take that away! But Rebel Heart is a work that comes from this woman we've all been following for years and her legacy is most evident specifically in this album! And this era is not even over yet. The tour hasn't started. Madonna still has a lot to offer for the world to celebrate. Then some of you put Rebel Heart at the bottom of your preferred Madonna albums. Without hating on me, or just saying my post is dumb, please, for the love of god, explain to me this crazy madness! Because to me Rebel Heart is number one for 3 reasons: music is amazing, the era is amazing and it's representative of who Madonna is today.

I also don't see how some people here put Rebel Heart at the bottom of their list. It just puzzles me. The album has 19 single worthy tracks that are fun, lyrical, catchy, spiritual, provocative, sexy, you name it!!! Her vocals are gorgeous! Production is on point! It's the best shit she's ever done and it's current! Plus, it's in the era that IS HAPPENING TODAY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!! We are lucky to have Madonna staying on top this long and putting out music that is absolute bliss to the ears. How can some of you dwell on past albums for dear life is beyond me. Yes, her first albums are classic gems for sure! Legendary and nothing can ever take that away! But Rebel Heart is a work that comes from this woman we've all been following for years and her legacy is most evident specifically in this album! And this era is not even over yet. The tour hasn't started. Madonna still has a lot to offer for the world to celebrate. Then some of you put Rebel Heart at the bottom of your preferred Madonna albums. Without hating on me, or just saying my post is dumb, please, for the love of god, explain to me this crazy madness! Because to me Rebel Heart is number one for 3 reasons: music is amazing, the era is amazing and it's representative of who Madonna is today.

Or maybe its just a matter of taste?

1. Confessions on a Dance Floor

2. Ray Of Light

3. MDNA

4. Like A Prayer

5. Music

6. Erotica

7. True Blue

8. American Life

9. Bedtime Stories

10. Rebel Heart

11. Madonna

12. Hard Candy

13. Like A Virgin

because they just don't like it? I feel sorry for them though because it sucks to not like a Madonna album when you have to wait 3 to 4 years for another one. That was exactly how I felt in 2012.

I just don't see how some of you can put super vintage, super dated sound albums over albums like American Life, Confessions and Rebel Heart! I think with each generation pop music gets more polished and perfected. Some of the 80s stuff is unbearable to listen to because of the amount of cheese!! But that's just my opinion so don't burn me please! :lmao:

Katypatra, now I love your passion for Madonna and always think it is wonderful when young people love Madonna. Your enthusiasm is fantastic. However, you are doing exactly what you are telling others off about. Criticising other's choices and trashing certain records. Calling older albums super dated, super vintage and unbearable cheese for example. Harsh words indeed. Plus why can't people just accept other's views and not get personally offended. Ditto with people completely trashing records because it is not their style. Does not mean the music is dreadful, just not what they individually like.

I mean, Like a Virgin is a special wonderful pop album to me - yet the majority of people have put it as their last choice. I don't feel offended, annoyed or want to tell them off - that is their view that they have every right to have. Rebel Heart is magnificent to my ears and I also loved MDNA - her last 2 albums. Just enjoy it all if you can and don't worry about who loves what.

I just don't see how some of you can put super vintage, super dated sound albums over albums like American Life, Confessions and Rebel Heart! I think with each generation pop music gets more polished and perfected. Some of the 80s stuff is unbearable to listen to because of the amount of cheese!! But that's just my opinion so don't burn me please! :lmao:

I think people who are in their early 20s right now have a soft spot for AL-COAD-HC..that was the period they discovered M and started to follow her every move

I know they're classics but I rarely listen to her first 3 albums (except her obvious hit singles).I can't help feel a little disconnect since I wasn't even born when they came out(of course timeless music will always be just that--timeless) while with Music,AL,COAD or HC, even though they're considered to be musically 'inferior' to such classics, I listen to them more often because they undoubtedly acted as an AMAZING soundtrack to my life personally

Each to their own...

But just because an album was made 20 or 30 years ago doesn't necessarily mean it is "dated"

I agree some albums can sound dated but not "classic" albums.

For me my list goes on the strength of the songs not the production.

Some of my all time favourite albums were made before I was even born!

Lowee, Jazzyjan and Donuts, you all made good points. I was wrong. I also agree that a lot has to do with whichever albums people relate with the most. I guess it's ok if not everyone enjoys Rebel Heart as much as we do :inlove:

Great music is timeless. You should actually be proud if M's older albums still sound great years after their release.

I don't get the "only listen to new music mantra". That's actually like caving in to society and radio's opinion of what music only matters.

But anyway it all comes down to taste. Trashing other people because of their music (a truly subjective thing) choices is ridiculous. I pegged Hard Candy as #1 and though it was sad and heartbreaking :lmao: to see its spot in other people's rankings, i didnt feel the need to bash other people's taste. Them not liking or loving Hard Candy would not and never affect my enjoyment of it. See my booty get down! Uh huh!

True! Ya'll spoke truth here. I really should be proud that Madonna's early albums hold people's interest to this day. After RH, AL, Confessions and ROL the first M album is actually very appealing to me. The songs are catchy, simple and fun!! Holiday is my favorite song!

True! Ya'll spoke truth here. I really should be proud that Madonna's early albums hold people's interest to this day. After RH, AL, Confessions and ROL the first M album is actually very appealing to me. The songs are catchy, simple and fun!! Holiday is my favorite song!

:thumbsup: Katypatra, Love the way you took the comments on board. Keep loving and enjoying Rebel Heart - I love it as well and play it every day.

1 Ray of Light

2 Like a Prayer

3 True Blue

4 Madonna

5 Erotica

6 Confessions on A Dance Floor

7 Bedtime Stories

8 Like a Virgin

9 Music

10 American Life

11 Hard Candy

12 Rebel Heart

13 MDNA

:thumbsup: Katypatra, Love the way you took the comments on board. Keep loving and enjoying Rebel Heart - I love it as well and play it every day.

Thank you :inlove: I ♡ Rebel ♡ :-)

I think it comes down to the simple fact that most Madonna fans (particularly over a certain age) don't like "urban" music. Hence the constant argument about the demos being better as they are more traditionally "dance-pop" sounding.

Seriously it's getting tiring either being told or having it implied that somehow I'm mistaken for liking the album. I don't care if you like the demos better, I don't care if you think it has too many tracks, I don't care if you think the sequencing is wrong, I don't care if you think there are too many rappers.

I don't know why people find it so hard to accept the fact that people like the album as it is.

I think it comes down to the simple fact that most Madonna fans (particularly over a certain age) don't like "urban" music. Hence the constant argument about the demos being better as they are more traditionally "dance-pop" sounding.

Seriously it's getting tiring either being told or having it implied that somehow I'm mistaken for liking the album. I don't care if you like the demos better, I don't care if you think it has too many tracks, I don't care if you think the sequencing is wrong, I don't care if you think there are too many rappers.

I don't know why people find it so hard to accept the fact that people like the album as it is.

:clap:

It's not because we voice our opinion, we don't accept the fact you like it like it is...

It's not because we voice our opinion, we don't accept the fact you like it like it is...

You mean bringing up the demo talk in every damn thread and saying how blind and defensive it is to prefer the final versions?

Interesting discussion here...

As far as I'm concerned, "new" doesn't necessarily mean "better". It can, but it's certainly not a rule in any way. I mean : there is current music out there that is unbearable to listen to because of the amount of cheese too, yet it has nothing to do with the 80s.

Also, the amount of music that samples or rehashes stuff from previous decades is impressive - it's been going on for years now, it's all about recycling, and a 2015-ish doesn't change much to a piece of music that comes from an 80s track.

Of course there's some amazing (brand new) music being produced nowadays too; in my opinion, the year of production of this album or that one is not that important : music is music, and that's it. What makes the difference is whether the artist is willing to make it sound "current" at the time it's released or not - and that's what will contribute make some music sound dated after a certain amount of time.

I see your point. There's a couple of contradictions there, though : on the hand, you say : "It's the best shit she's ever done" and on the other hand : "How can some of you dwell on past albums for dear life is beyond me".

Well, if people dwell on certain albums, it's basically because they think it's the best music she ever produced, as simple as that.

I think the whole Rebel Heart era is very exciting, it's always great to see her back, performing, promoting her stuff, going on tour. I really enjoy a good part of the songs on the album. But if you asked me what is the best music Madonna ever released, it's not Rebel Heart that comes to my mind, although it's very fresh is my memory.

I like Erotica, American Life or Madonna a.k.a The First Album better. Not because I have a soft spot for those as a fan, but because I think the music is better on those. But that's just me :)

Katypatra, now I love your passion for Madonna and always think it is wonderful when young people love Madonna. Your enthusiasm is fantastic. However, you are doing exactly what you are telling others off about. Criticising other's choices and trashing certain records. Calling older albums super dated, super vintage and unbearable cheese for example. Harsh words indeed. Plus why can't people just accept other's views and not get personally offended. Ditto with people completely trashing records because it is not their style. Does not mean the music is dreadful, just not what they individually like.

I mean, Like a Virgin is a special wonderful pop album to me - yet the majority of people have put it as their last choice. I don't feel offended, annoyed or want to tell them off - that is their view that they have every right to have. Rebel Heart is magnificent to my ears and I also loved MDNA - her last 2 albums. Just enjoy it all if you can and don't worry about who loves what.

Couldn't have said it better :)

Guest amokeru

As for now... I love a concept album.

RAY OF LIGHT

AMERICAN LIFE

LIKE A PRAYER

REBEL HEART

BEDTIME STORIES

MADONNA / THE FIRST ALBUM

EROTICA

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

TRUE BLUE

MUSIC

HARD CANDY

LIKE A VIRGIN

MDNA

:clap:

Are you calling people here old farts? :laugh:

I think it says a lot when people were like "Who's Nas?"

Also there is a difference between:

"I like the demo version of this track, I'm glad I have the opportunity to listen to it."

And

"OMG she ruined the album the demos were so much better. I don't know why people like the album as it is. Everyone knows the demos are better. You're just stupid if you think that shitty album versions are better than the demos. FACT! Fuck black people music! Demos!! Wahhhhhhhh!!!"

"I like the demo version of this track, I'm glad I have the opportunity to listen to it."

And

"OMG she ruined the album the demos were so much better. I don't know why people like the album as it is. Everyone knows the demos are better. You're just stupid if you think that shitty album versions are better than the demos. FACT! Fuck black people music! Demos!! Wahhhhhhhh!!!"

THIS !!! ♥

Guest Rachelle of London

And

This!!!! But then you just get called names if you don't agree that the demos are better. It's quite embarrassing to be truthful