Now that the dust has settled, where would RH rank in your all time M albums list?

Well SOME album has to be at the botton when people ask for a rank, haha. I put LAV there because I rarely ever listen to it. Not because it's "old". But it's still one of the classic pop records of all time.

Oh, and I know people both young and old who aren't really open to listening to lots of new music, especially varied types of genres, or bother to go back and listen to some classic music from 50's, 60's, 70's onward or before which has most likely influenced what they listen to today.

Like a Virgin is a good album. And it's on the bottom of my list. That's saying something. If you're ranking albums, something has to be on the bottom.

My thoughts exactly. Add to that the fact that these things are not especially written in stone, and one's tastes can vary a lot with time.

KatyPatra, I am over 30 and Rebel Heart is either my favourite or second favourite album. Most Madonna fans do move with the times really. Kind of shows as so many age groups love her - her entire catalogue holds up and appeals to so many.

Yes I agree!! Madonna has trained her fans to move with the times like no other artist!

TRUE BLUE

LIKE A PRAYER

I'M BREATHLESS

LIKE A VIRGIN

MADONNA / THE FIRST ALBUM

BEDTIME STORIES

RAY OF LIGHT

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

EROTICA

MUSIC

HARD CANDY

REBEL HEART

AMERICAN LIFE

MDNA

Before and After listening to Rebel Heart

66fc7990-087b-11e5-8710-653914c5b655_Bru

So accurate! :)

Also I'm kind of ashamed to admit but I rarely listen to her first 3 albums [as a whole].I'm under 30 and it took me a few years to actually get myself to listen to them, aside from the obvious hits of course.I was mainly obssesed with BS,ROL,Music,& AL and it took about 2-3 years after 'becoming' a fan to finally listen to her earlier albums, some of which I naturually rank high now on my personal list(LAP & Erotica)

I said it before way back around the album release, but I placed it at #2 in my overall list right when it debuted, and it has stayed there.

My Current Ranking (the top 4 usually remain...and the others constantly fluctuate) -

Erotica

Rebel Heart

Bedtime Stories

Like A Prayer

Hard Candy

MDNA

True Blue

Like A Virgin

Madonna

Confessions on a Dancefloor

American Life

Music

Ray of Light

*The fabulousness of "I'm Breathless" exists in a universe all its own.

Hard Candy (and YES, Pharrell's fab songs, are giving me life right now, so it's moved on up. LIVE for funkdonna.

Fucking adore AL, but it's moved down a bit considering my mood right now.

And yes, ROL is at the bottom. (waits for William Orbit's tantrum on facebook in 3,2,1....... :newspaper:)

Incredible, She's Not Me and Give It 2 Me are the best songs off HC.

Here we go again with this discussion. :lmao:

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying that I don't like it :) that's a bit different.

But I absolutely adore 95% of her catalogue :lol:

For me, the dust doesn't really settle until after the tour. Im still partly in "OMG It's a new Madonna album!!!!" mode. It's nearly impossible for me to do this but here goes......

Madonna

COADF

ROL

RH

HC

Music

LAV

LAP

MDNA

TB

Erotica

BS

AL

IB

from best to least best ;)

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR (Hung Up/Sorry)

RAY OF LIGHT (Ray of Light/Substitute For Love)

REBEL HEART (Wash All Over Me/Devil Pray)

MUSIC (Music/What It Feels Like For A Girl)

EROTICA (Thief Of Hearts/Deeper and Deeper)

AMERICAN LIFE (Love Profusion/ Intervention)

TRUE BLUE (True Blue/ Live To Tell)

LIKE A PRAYER (Like A Prayer/ Cherish)

BEDTIME STORIES (Bedtime Story/ Secret)

MDNA (Love Spent/ I'm Addicted)

HARD CANDY (Give it 2 Me/ 4 Minutes)

MADONNA / THE FIRST ALBUM (Borderline /Holiday)

LIKE A VIRGIN (Material Girl/Stay)

It goes something like this...

Like a Prayer

Ray of Light

--------------

COADF

Erotica

Madonna

--------------

True Blue

Hard Candy

Rebel Heart <- here

Music

MDNA

American Life

--------------

Like a Virgin

Bedtime Stories

My main problem with RH is the edition, song order and that sometimes it's a little all over the place. Either she should have make it a real 2 cds album with the concepts Rebel and Heart or released a great 14 track version (the real standard one sucks for me)

First, dust hasn't settled yet! Second, some people on here are over 30. Studies show that that's when people stop listening to new music. So of course to many of you Like a Prayer and Erotica will always rank higher. Give me a break!!

Sorry but :megamanson:

Guest madonnalovaus

Rebel Heart

Ray Of Light

music/American life

MDNA

like a prayer

Hard Candy

Confessions

Erotica

---no preference after that---

Edited by madonnalovaus

Guest CzarnaWisnia

First, dust hasn't settled yet! Second, some people on here are over 30. Studies show that that's when people stop listening to new music. So of course to many of you Like a Prayer and Erotica will always rank higher. Give me a break!! Rebel Heart shits on all of the albums combined!!

mylene-farmer-chute-elysee-o.gif

First, dust hasn't settled yet! Second, some people on here are over 30. Studies show that that's when people stop listening to new music. So of course to many of you Like a Prayer and Erotica will always rank higher. Give me a break!! Rebel Heart shits on all of the albums combined!! We get over 19 songs that are all absolutely awesome!! Incredible production, gorgeous lyrics, strong vocals. This is Madonna today, with a great album, image, confidence, popularity, and creativity. So yeah, I rank Rebel Heart #1 followed by Confessions, American Life and Ray of Light. Thank you.

I'm 32 and didn't rank those albums higher. :manson:

There's a difference between listening to new music and listening to new shitty music.

Guest Pud Whacker

Too difficult. Madonna has no bad albums. They are all #1 imo

of course! but where do they all land today for you? are you as fond of id rather be your lover as you are intervention as you are bitch im madonna as you are holiday?

dont just stand there...lets get to it...