Now that the dust has settled, where would RH rank in your all time M albums list?

He did produce some fine tracks for this album. But Incredible is one of the worst things that ever happened to my ears.

Why? Incredible is a great song. I love it :D

Erotica

Ray of Light

Music

Confessions

Bedtime Stories

Rebel Heart (though if trimmed to the very best, it'd be #3)

I'm Breathless

Madonna

American Life

True Blue

Like a Prayer

Like a Virgin

* break to signify a considerable drop in album quality, though I love them too *

MDNA

Hard Candy

Guest bluejean

The only Madonna songs (excluding demos) that I truly don't like that much are Jimmy Jimmy, Can't Stop, American Pie (although it's a guilty pleasure), I'm So Stupid, Superstar, B'day Song and Body Shop. Everything else I like. And yes, I like Incredible and I like Spanish Lesson. AND I like Don't Stop (but who doesn't?)

No other artist has gotten it right 99.9% of the time!

LIKE A PRAYER
EROTICA
RAY OF LIGHT
MUSIC
I'M BREATHLESS

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

BEDTIME STORIES
MADONNA

TRUE BLUE

MDNA

AMERICAN LIFE
REBEL HEART

HARD CANDY

LIKE A VIRGIN

The only Madonna songs (excluding demos) that I truly don't like that much are Jimmy Jimmy, Can't Stop, American Pie (although it's a guilty pleasure), I'm So Stupid, Superstar, B'day Song and Body Shop. Everything else I like. And yes, I like Incredible and I like Spanish Lesson. AND I like Don't Stop (but who doesn't?)

No other artist has gotten it right 99.9% of the time!

You like Hey U?

Before I started going to Madonna forums,I was unaware of the hatred torwards Don't Stop and I'd Rather Be Your Lover from BS,Your Honesty is a gem...and GMAYL gets unfairly criticized imo,had it been a major hit people would be worshipping it

Guest Pud Whacker

You like Hey U?

Before I started going to Madonna forums,I was unaware of the hatred torwards Don't Stop and I'd Rather Be Your Lover from BS,Your Honesty is a gem...and GMAYL gets unfairly criticized imo,had it been a major hit people would be worshipping it

before forums i was unaware of ALL THE HATRED.

i remember the first time i came and saw long diatribes on certain things and i was horrified. horrified. it was 2003.

but then i saw that all these opinionated nothings didnt know anything of their history so i immediately dismissed it all.

before forums i was unaware of ALL THE HATRED.

i remember the first time i came and saw long diatribes on certain things and i was horrified. horrified. it was 2003.

but then i saw that all these opinionated nothings didnt know anything of their history so i immediately dismissed it all.

Well, I actually can't with people posting long diatribes to say they hate something - why spend time talking about something you don't like ?

That said, I'm not sure "knowing your history" can have much of an impact on your liking something or not.

It's heartbreaking seeing your favorite M album get massacred in rankings :(:lmao:

O'h, I always laugh to see Like a Virgin mostly at the bottom of people's lists because I still think it is one of the greatest pop albums of all time and the album that she became a Superstar with. :yes: Still, every one has different views and likes which makes it all interesting. I love all of her albums and find them impossible to rate really but I do think Rebel Heart could possibly be my favourite - just love so many of the songs - so much variety and beautiful melodies, bridges and choruses. We are truly lucky and spoilt with Madonna. So much to love over so many albums with a lot of variety.

I Especially love the 80's stuff

I Stan hard for LAV, and I feel bad it's so low on my list.

I love TB, but Jimmy and World get in the way.

Guest Pud Whacker

Well, I actually can't with people posting long diatribes to say they hate something - why spend time talking about something you don't like ?

That said, I'm not sure "knowing your history" can have much of an impact on your liking something or not.

It absolutely does. When I saw a ray of lighter, that REALLY came around in something to remember/Evita talking shit about something that happened when they were 5 and loving Debbie Gibson then we've got a problem. A big one!!!

:rotfl:

I Especially love the 80's stuff

I Stan hard for LAV, and I feel bad it's so low on my list.

I love TB, but Jimmy and World get in the way.

Whoop, I hear you and that is why I find it kind of impossible to do the list. I did one in my head but then was horrified to see albums I love so much at the bottom of the list !

Guest Pud Whacker

Ikr

She hasnt made a bad album

I love each and everyone

The Greatest Star that Ever Lived.

Love it all. X

Whoop, I hear you and that is why I find it kind of impossible to do the list. I did one in my head but then was horrified to see albums I love so much at the bottom of the list !

Did you end up posting yours Jan?

First, dust hasn't settled yet! Second, some people on here are over 30. Studies show that that's when people stop listening to new music. So of course to many of you Like a Prayer and Erotica will always rank higher. Give me a break!! Rebel Heart shits on all of the albums combined!! We get over 19 songs that are all absolutely awesome!! Incredible production, gorgeous lyrics, strong vocals. This is Madonna today, with a great album, image, confidence, popularity, and creativity. So yeah, I rank Rebel Heart #1 followed by Confessions, American Life and Ray of Light. Thank you.

O'h, I always laugh to see Like a Virgin mostly at the bottom of people's lists because I still think it is one of the greatest pop albums of all time and the album that she became a Superstar with. :yes: Still, every one has different views and likes which makes it all interesting. I love all of her albums and find them impossible to rate really but I do think Rebel Heart could possibly be my favourite - just love so many of the songs - so much variety and beautiful melodies, bridges and choruses. We are truly lucky and spoilt with Madonna. So much to love over so many albums with a lot of variety.

the songs on LAV were great but when i ranked the album k thought of them as whole... that's why MDNA is at the bottom despite having great tracks I cannot stand Some Girls, I'm an Overrated Sinner, and Overrated Killer. :lmao: they ruin the album experience for me. :chuckle:

It absolutely does. When I saw a ray of lighter, that REALLY came around in something to remember/Evita talking shit about something that happened when they were 5 and loving Debbie Gibson then we've got a problem. A big one!!!

:rotfl:

Yeah, well, if you put like that :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a "ranking" thing : the lowest albums in my ranking are not albums I despise, it's just that I like the other ones better. My top 3 being Erotica, American Life and Madonna - talk about eclectism :)

I don't get the criticism about Rebel Heart being not cohesive. I mean, even if you skip half the album, it's still 13 perfect songs, which is more than the usual 10-12 songs on an album :tigger:

KatyPatra, I am over 30 and Rebel Heart is either my favourite or second favourite album. Most Madonna fans do move with the times really. Kind of shows as so many age groups love her - her entire catalogue holds up and appeals to so many.

KatyPatra, I am over 30 and Rebel Heart is either my favourite or second favourite album. Most Madonna fans do move with the times really. Kind of shows as so many age groups love her - her entire catalogue holds up and appeals to so many.

Spot-on.

First, dust hasn't settled yet! Second, some people on here are over 30. Studies show that that's when people stop listening to new music. So of course to many of you Like a Prayer and Erotica will always rank higher. Give me a break!! Rebel Heart shits on all of the albums combined!! We get over 19 songs that are all absolutely awesome!! Incredible production, gorgeous lyrics, strong vocals. This is Madonna today, with a great album, image, confidence, popularity, and creativity. So yeah, I rank Rebel Heart #1 followed by Confessions, American Life and Ray of Light. Thank you.

:manson:

Oh hussy, please.