Australia & NZ concerts: officially announced!

Apples388

Despite coming across like a dick, he probably represents the feelings of a lot of casual fans.

Not really, I think he often puts Madonna down in articles so more of an ex-fan pretending to be a casual fan. Not sure why these people are always having to tell us all about how they don't like Madonna much anymore plus bringing up her age. I think they are more haters to be honest. Also, in saying they hate her new stuff, they have not even listened to it. Notice how they just talk about Bitch, I'm Madonna. They have not even bothered to listen to the new album. A lot of sexism going into this too. I know we say it over and over, but no-one goes mad about Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Sting - all older than Madonna.

I actually have noticed the opposite experience. Notice a lot of people who I consider casual fans, talking of their love for her this last week.

I know I am double-posting but perhaps we should not post these negative articles from whining Aussie reporters. I detest our press and they always want to create negative vibes. Strangely, usually from male writers, Australian women in the media tend to love Madonna - apart from Siobohn Duck, who hates all famous females.

Thanks for the responses, but I'm in Sydney.

The only detail on the map they give is the seat area letter (for floor sections) or number (for elevated section)... no row or seat markings.

Anyway, i'll give it another shot when and if they put on more dates.

This site is great for seeing exactly where a tiered seat is located:

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/sydney-allphones-acer-superdome-arena-detailed-numbers-chart/high-resolution/sydney-allphones-arena-seating-plan-01-Detailed-seat-numebers-row-lettering-concert-chart-first-second-third-elevation-sections-high-resolution.htm

I know I am double-posting but perhaps we should not post these negative articles from whining Aussie reporters. I detest our press and they always want to create negative vibes. Strangely, usually from male writers, Australian women in the media tend to love Madonna - apart from Siobohn Duck, who hates all famous females.

:thumbsup:

+1

No that was Mariano Ontanon ;)

Yeah, Section A - Row 2 - Seat 60

That's true, that's true. It's not like I didn't get a seat in the last row in Suncorp Stadium so I should suck it up. I wish they showed a detailed seating plan for someone like me who has close to no experience buying concert tickets. I really wanted a seat as close as possible to the catwalk. Oh well, at least I'll have a great view of the drummer.

I can't believe you still think that's a bad seat, you realise there's 1 person, just 1, between you and the stage, right? :-) ..actually looking at the plan again there may be no one in front of you as the row lengths decrease towards the front. I understand wanting to be near the catwalk though.

Which section, though? Towards the back (but still on the side, so closer to the stage and especially the heart stage than the back sections), Silver seats have been showing up in Row R.

Section 44A

The reason why I feel a bit ripped off is I have a ticket in the same section for Elton John.

Literally it's the same seat, only 2 rows back and it is a BRONZE ticket, only cost me around $120.

So the same section and almost the exact same seat for Madonna is almost 3 times the price!

Section 44A

The reason why I feel a bit ripped off is I have a ticket in the same section for Elton John.

Literally it's the same seat, only 2 rows back and it is a BRONZE ticket, only cost me around $120.

So the same section and almost the exact same seat for Madonna is almost 3 times the price!

elton just has the standard end stage though, and if my experience is anything to go by, behind a piano the whole time getting up occasionally to point at the audience

Not really, I think he often puts Madonna down in articles so more of an ex-fan pretending to be a casual fan. Not sure why these people are always having to tell us all about how they don't like Madonna much anymore plus bringing up her age. I think they are more haters to be honest. Also, in saying they hate her new stuff, they have not even listened to it. Notice how they just talk about Bitch, I'm Madonna. They have not even bothered to listen to the new album. A lot of sexism going into this too. I know we say it over and over, but no-one goes mad about Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Sting - all older than Madonna.

I actually have noticed the opposite experience. Notice a lot of people who I consider casual fans, talking of their love for her this last week.

I don't really know his history in regards to Madonna, but why am I not surprised he's one of those 'fans'. I guess I've become desensitised to the media's sexism and hate when I comes to the QUEEN. :(

Although what struck a chord was the whole new music vs. the classics. That's a big sticking point for casual fans whom may not get around to Madonna's new music (for whatever reason, probably lack of big chart hits since 4 Minutes to hook them in) and just want <insert nostalgia> and at an affordable price. I know that's the case with my friends.

elton just has the standard end stage though, and if my experience is anything to go by, behind a piano the whole time getting up occasionally to point at the audience

Um...yes!

That's how I felt when I saw him a few years ago. Aside from an extended version of Rocket Man which was amazing, I was better off listening to a cd at home.

And you can't compare Madonna & Elton ticket prices when they are completely different.

The same old line, "Her new stuff isn't as good as her old stuff" or "She's too old now" so fucking tiring. No one says that about AC/DC or The Rolling Stones. This is the first time in 23 years shes coming to Australia, and her tickets while expensive are still cheaper than the Stones last tour. When she arrives here these so called "journalists" will give their left nutsack to get with 10m of her. Seriously a bunch of negative and bitter losers with sad miserable lives.

Section 44A

You could also see Sam Smith from the same seat for around $89. Comparing prices between different artists really isn't a useful exercise. Live Nation obviously feels that that section constitutes a Gold seat and it will be the existence of the catwalk that has influenced this (since Madonna will actually be directly level with you many times during the show - Elton won't come anywhere near you at all, for the reasons outlined by apj).

In other news, the BIM video is now available at iTunes in Australia - go and buy it! It's currently #3 behind Eminem and Taylor Swift, and just ahead of Rihanna :)

I dont know if Im selfish, but I really dont care about the casual fans. If they havent been buying every new album and single or keeping up to date, then they should just be thankful they are getting any opportunity at all to see brilliance and have no right to complain. if they think they could do better, let them try.