Australia & NZ concerts: officially announced!

Apples388

Carry on here.

So, with Australian dates in toe, and rumours of 4 city's.....

Can we safly say this will be Madonnas highest grossing tour ever!?

The money she will gross from the Australian Doller will be phonomnal!!!!

No. She won't be able to overtake S&S because that had two seperate legs but she might get close to MDNAT. From what I've read though tickets aren't selling as much as previous tours likely due to market saturation.

The Australia dollar has lost 25% of its value (against the USD) since MDNAT and is trading around 0.75-77/1.00. Had she come a couple years ago she would have easily made more money because the Australian dollar was trading above parity.

Also it says a lot about the state of journalism in Australia when newspapers get their articles/info from Madonna message boards.

Also it says a lot about the state of journalism in Australia when newspapers get their articles/info from Madonna message boards.

:laugh: Napoleon, when I saw that article in the Herald Sun about Madonna from yesterday's paper, I laughed with delight. It seemed to be as if it was taken directly from this section of Madonnanation ! Love to think that is true - the power this forum has. Re her tour - already the buzz is everywhere. Feels like we are now part of it all which is exciting. I often feel disappointed that I have only seen her live once considering what a major Madonna loon I am. Bring the concerts on !

HAHA yes I thought this was particularly funny. And now everyone is quoting the newspapers like its fact. LOL

:laugh: Napoleon, when I saw that article in the Herald Sun about Madonna from yesterday's paper, I laughed with delight. It seemed to be as if it was taken directly from this section of Madonnanation ! Love to think that is true - the power this forum has. Re her tour - already the buzz is everywhere. Feels like we are now part of it all which is exciting. I often feel disappointed that I have only seen her live once considering what a major Madonna loon I am. Bring the concerts on !

I particularly enjoyed the photo that went with the article. True artistry :)

They just copied and posted ipex's exact post. Some mole at the herald sun obviously visits Madonnanation ???

Guest bluejean

I don't think so. They would have made more on previous tours. I think they made a firm decision to do Australia and Asia instead of South America because a) it is long overdue and b) she wants to do arenas only.

I particularly enjoyed the photo that went with the article. True artistry :)

They just copied and posted ipex's exact post. Some mole at the herald sun obviously visits Madonnanation ???

Ivy, wonder why they did not print our insider knowledge ? :lol:

I wonder how they managed to secure the Aussie leg this time around.

Huge party at Jacket's house was promised. :yes:

Getting serious though, Madonna has always had a huge fanbase in Australia. Always seemed crazy to me that she did not tour here every tour to be honest. The Girlie show sold out stadiums in record time and the buzz was incredible. I don't think Madonna could ignore Australia again after the backlash from the MDNA tour not coming here. Plus she did personally promise Richard Wilkins on tv - if that means anything. I really want Hanging Rock to happen now too - yes, getting way too ahead of it all but exciting trying to predict.

Hopefully if they figure this time out and the result is beyond what they expected (which will be) they will be more likely to add Australia next time as well. Same goes to Asia. Im just assuming here.

^ :rotfl:

if they are announcing it on June 9th... let's hope they coincide with a BITCH I'M MADONNA release party... MDNA was a behemoth and it had massive promo in the SUPERBOWL... it would be really hard to equal that gross especially since she's doing arenas only...she will outgross MDNA if she visits South America though

Considering how the U.S. and Europe dates leaked (at least partially) before the tour announcement came, you'd think we get some of Australia's before the supposed announcement?

I'm honestly scared that 9th is gonna come next week and nothing is going to be announced. 😔

All of Australia waiting and some even trying to influence her with gifts of bunny toys to get her to announce the dates :laugh:

2956943000000578-3110240-In_April_Roger_

We know those dates are coming. What's the rush? It's not like she has to be quick to announce tour dates for 2016 XD

I do have a feeling we'll get more tour dates for South America in January. She's not going back to America for those 4 or 5 shows only, specially going down on that continent like that.

February is for Australia and March is for Asia.

The only way she's getting near MDNA's tour gross is if she does stadium shows in south america and australia. If not, you can forget about it xD

I do want her to gross more than Taylor Swift at least. Imagine the headlines! :o

^ Would rather see her in an Arena and have her due multiple shows. Just for the thrill of seeing her more close up. She was like a dot at the MCG when I saw her at the Girlie Show and I had to rely on the huge screens. The show and atmosphere was incredible still but would prefer arenas.

I do think we'll get most of this tour itinerary this month. Australia/Asia/South America, plus more shows in cities she's already going.

This will end up at around 80/90 shows like her last 2 tours. But this time, only arenas i guess. She's not going to make a stadium stage just for south america/australia i guess...

I do think we'll get most of this tour itinerary this month. Australia/Asia/South America, plus more shows in cities she's already going.

This will end up at around 80/90 shows like her last 2 tours. But this time, only arenas i guess. She's not going to make a stadium stage just for south america/australia i guess...

She isn't going to South America, only Asia & Australia in 2016!

All of Australia waiting and some even trying to influence her with gifts of bunny toys to get her to announce the dates :laugh:

2956943000000578-3110240-In_April_Roger_

Haha this is cute!

Unfortunately, I think the only rumours about South American dates are coming from South America (i.e. there aren't even any whispers of a South American leg anywhere else in the world).

Unfortunately, I think the only rumours about South American dates are coming from South America (i.e. there aren't even any whispers of a South American leg anywhere else in the world).

Bahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahhahaahaahhahahahahahahahahaha that's the funniest thing that's been posted lately. You are freaking hillaruous!!!!!!!!