Spin 300 Best Albums of the Past 30 Years

HolidayGuy

trash me all you want but its because madonna just had a new album out and isn't "cool" now. janet is because she's not exposed/talked about. its always more fun to go for the underdog. thats why.

janet is SOOOOOO overrated. she's like the first britney to me, lmao.

Guest Rachelle of London

Every single Madonna studio album should dominate the top 13 spots....the lessors can have the rest of the rankings :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

Not even reissue but verbally appreciate them and the songs. She puts her back catalogue down constantly.

Why would anyone want to align themselves with something she's deemed awful or uncool?

Bitch, She's Madonna. Right?

That's a good point. I've actually seen people bash Madonnas albums and music and justify it by saying "Even Madonna doesn't like most of her songs." Seen that a few times. Totally untrue but seems to be something people are picking up.

I'm assuming the three Janet albums are Control, Rhythm Nation, and janet.? If so, those are three strong albums (especially for pop during the last 30 years), but Madonna, True Blue, Erotica, Ray of Light, Music, and Confessions are all as good or better. At the very least, ROL is an obvious/safe pick. Silly.

so it's not Damita Jo, 20 YO, and All For You?

Watch the three fanet fans not see this thread and miss the opportunity to praise the beast because its in the MADONNA SECTION. :lmao:

Rottenberrythud may be the exception.

well, the Whisperers are not the brightest of the bunch so :chuckle:

#justiceforbedtimestories

Let the church say amen.

Watch the three fanet fans not see this thread and miss the opportunity to praise the beast because its in the MADONNA SECTION. :lmao:

Rottenberrythud may be the exception.

Surprise bitches!!

And yes, Janet deserves all three spots. It's little things like this list that make me laugh when some of you claim that Janet is long since forgotten. Clearly not forgotten enough to avoid being included thrice in a "best of" list. Burn bitches :lol:

For me, it would've been hard to choose between janet. and The Velvet Rope for the 3rd slot.

As much as it's not my personal taste, Ray of Light deserved a spot. Also, True Blue and my personal fave Bedtime Stories.

Surprise bitches!!

And yes, Janet deserves all three spots. It's little things like this list that make me laugh when some of you claim that Janet is long since forgotten. Clearly not forgotten enough to avoid being included thrice in a "best of" list. Burn bitches :lol:

For me, it would've been hard to choose between janet. and The Velvet Rope for the 3rd slot.

As much as it's not my personal taste, Ray of Light deserved a spot. Also, True Blue and my personal fave Bedtime Stories.

She is forgotten and this list from a magazine that folded a few years ago isn't going to change that.

Janet did make a few fantastic dance/pop/R&B albums though. I definitely think Control should be on the list. That album is tight.....and a little funky.

As for M, LAP is the obvious choice for this list but considering some of the other selections I feel ROL should've made it as well.

Surprise bitches!!

Congrats for your first post in the Madonna section! Do you think you can make it to a second one this year?

Congrats for your first post in the Madonna section! Do you think you can make it to a second one this year?

Wish granted.

Surprise bitches!!

:rotfl::kiss2:

Know it's only a list from spin, but it's a concern (to me) that a part of the music industry continues not to give credit to some of M most influential and critically acclaimed albums.

Agree about how the f**k they list three albums from Janet and one from gags, but only one M? :ugh::ugh: She sometimes has one or two more albums listed from these US lists.

Rolling Stone released a '500 Greatest Albums of All Time' in the early 2000s, LAP ROL and Music made it!I believe the most for a female

OMG! 1 Madonna album and Jeff Buckley at 189 and Ryan Adams at 149????? Where is his Gold album??? That should be top 10!!!! :ohmy:

Edited by Hapertje

Violator at 103??? Graceland 107???What's the story morning glory at 79??? Homogenic as best Bjork album???? Janet Jackson at 54 as highest OMG! Beyonce at 38 with that crap album? WHAT A BLASPHEMY!!!

Edited by Hapertje

The Immaculate Collection

Ah of course, thanks!! :lol: I'm still not used to the abbrevations around here though I'm a longtime fan and still have The Immaculate Collection from when it was first issued :lmao:

Ah of course, thanks!! :lol: I'm still not used to the abbrevations around here though I'm a longtime fan and still have The Immaculate Collection from when it was first issued :lmao:

:laugh: Don't worry TrueBlue. I remember when I was new here, I took a while to get used to the abbreviations. Even now, I still have to think twice about some of them several times.

:laugh: Don't worry TrueBlue. I remember when I was new here, I took a while to get used to the abbreviations. Even now, I still have to think twice about some of them several times.

You're a sweetie, thanks! I'm finding the madeyes songlist very helpful for this :laugh:

The Immaculate Collection

Wow even I knew that :lol: