I'm Breathless appreciation thread!

tumblr_nnxahmFP6X1tb5bt3o1_1280.jpg

So I would always skip this album because it just didn't really appeal to me...But after watching Dick Tracy for the first time a couple of weeks ago..I've really grown to appreciate how experimental it was for her! And now I'm obsessed with some of the tracks! This is one of my faves right now. :Disco_Ball: :inlove: :wow:

Yes!!! It's such a fun album, I even love I'm Going Bananas :lol:

Do you really live in Rome? Manco Roma :inlove:

yes!!! i've read you've been here for the Confession tour...i was there too....epic night!!!

:dramatic:

ps...my first faves at the time were bananas and cry baby...i love fun and sillydonna!!! :lol:

pps...welcome!!!

I love this album to death. I remember being disappointed when in was released. I wanted a pop record. But it did not take long for me to fell in love.

yes!!! i've read you've been here for the Confession tour...i was there too....epic night!!!

:dramatic:

ps...my first faves at the time were bananas and cry baby...i love fun and sillydonna!!! :lol:

pps...welcome!!!

Grazie mille!!! I love Rome so much, I must be very careful not to spam the thread! :laugh: I have been there many times between 97 and 2008. Madonna + Roma + Confessions :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: I still get chills thinking about it!!! It was epic, everything, the best electric crowd feeling ever..

I adoore fun sillydonna!! Lala lalala la

Something To Remember is so, so, so underrated.

It's beautiful ❤️ Seems to me that the whole I'm Breathless is underrated, I had no idea before reading here on this forum :chuckle: Edited by TrueBlue

I always include this album when ranking Madonna albums because it's superb, and really showed just how versatile Madonna is, long before most other pop artists thought about switching it up... and it ranks pretty damn high on my fave Madonna albums as well!

I love this album so much!!! "Something to Remember" and "Sooner or Later" are just flawless.

I love this album. Living for love, also love your choice of Back in Business - my favourite song from this album - alongside Vogue of course - and I love so many songs on it. Really showed how versatile and talented Madonna is. She also loves this album and has mentioned her love for it in several interviews.

This was the third M album I had as a kid (the first two being True Blue and Erotica).
I used to listen to it on an old Sony Walkman and perform cabaret-style renditions of the songs for friends and family.

Yes, my mom wasn't too pleased with my "performance" of Hanky Panky.

Hands down my FAVORITE Madonna era. EVER.

I LIVE for Breathless Mahoney. I LOVE Dick Tracy (yes, I have no shame in saying that. I was Dick Tracy for Halloween as a kid, with the talking watch and everything. No shame baby). I LOVE everything about her persona, her look, the hair, the music, (the film's production design), etc... everything!!!!!

No one can pull off the old Hollywood vibe like Madonna. No one. I love how when Dita Von Teese says Madonna does a look/persona, particularly old Hollywood, she does it RIGHT. To the finest detail. And she does.

The album is one of her best. I always use it as an example to people who say Madonna can't do anything but dance music, she couldn't do jazz/broadway...and then you show them anything from the I'm Breathless project and they shut the fuck up.

IB is such a beautiful display of Madonna's wide array of talents, styles...she can do anything really.

And she didn't have to resort to standards and covers.

I mean Sondheim...c'mon, not just anyone can pull Sondheim off, and she does it with such ease.

And as beautiful as "Sooner or Later" and others are, I think "More" is the prime example of just that. Who else could really pull that off? She deserves FAR more credit for that than she is ever given. It's up there with the best of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDf_234NGe0

From musical theater, to jazz, to pop, to dance... Everything about this era is a pure 'shut the fuck up' to anyone who thinks Madonna can't sing, isn't versatile, etc... She is EVERYTHING.

Oh, not to mention how stunningly beautiful she is this era. Dare I say the film captures her at her most beautiful.

Hands down my FAVORITE Madonna era. EVER.

I LIVE for Breathless Mahoney. I LOVE Dick Tracy (yes, I have no shame in saying that. I was Dick Tracy for Halloween as a kid, with the talking watch and everything. No shame baby). I LOVE everything about her persona, her look, the hair, the music, (the film's production design), etc... everything!!!!!

No one can pull off the old Hollywood vibe like Madonna. No one. I love how when Dita Von Teese says Madonna does a look/persona, particularly old Hollywood, she does it RIGHT. To the finest detail. And she does.

The album is one of her best. I always use it as an example to people who say Madonna can't do anything but dance music, she couldn't do jazz/broadway...and then you show them anything from the I'm Breathless project and they shut the fuck up.

IB is such a beautiful display of Madonna's wide array of talents, styles...she can do anything really.

And she didn't have to resort to standards and covers.

I mean Sondheim...c'mon, not just anyone can pull Sondheim off, and she does it with such ease.

And as beautiful as "Sooner or Later" and others are, I think "More" is the prime example of just that. Who else could really pull that off? She deserves FAR more credit for that than she is ever given. It's up there with the best of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDf_234NGe0

From musical theater, to jazz, to pop, to dance... Everything about this era is a pure 'shut the fuck up' to anyone who thinks Madonna can't sing, isn't versatile, etc... She is EVERYTHING.

Oh, not to mention how stunningly beautiful she is this era. Dare I say the film captures her at her most beautiful.

Wonderful post VogueMusic. Agree that Madonna never gets the credit she deserves for both her performance in the film and also for the wonderful I'm Breathless album and vocals. As you said, no modern star can do vintage Hollywood Glamour like Madonna.

It's such a great and entertaining album, with great vocals, catchy melodies and nice arrangements. The highlights IMO:

He's A Man

Sooner Or Later

What Can You Lose

Something To Remember

Now I'm following You Pt. 1

and of course the outsider Vogue.

PREACH, VogueMusic!! I feel exactly the same way. It's my favorite era, as well (I have a great affinity for anything between 1990-1993).

Guest Hunterlas

"Im Breathless" will truly take your breath away. I guess it does takes certain level of maturity to truly understand it and get it (just like with the Evita Soundtrack). An spectacular achievement by Madonna.

Sooo many amazing tracks in this album, such a strong concept.... The lyrics, the voice, the humor and the sadness in it.... a true masterpice.