45 No. 1s

Guest gang bang

Guest gang bang
according to drownedmadonna.com. Ghosttown will move up 5 places to #1 in the Billboard dance/clup play list that will be announced today - This gives Madonna her 45th!!!!! #1 in this list and makes her the artist with the most #1's in any Billboard list

Does that chart mean anything??? It seems a chart to mention when other charts are bad. Kylie and Moroder were number one there recently and the song was a megaflop

Does that chart mean anything??? It seems a chart to mention when other charts are bad. Kylie and Moroder were number one there recently and the song was a megaflop

BAN.

Of course it does. Madonna is the Queen of the Dance Floor.

Of course it matters... Just because MADONNA is performing exceptionally in it, it suddenly becomes irrelevant... i remember this chart having mentions back in the 80s when MADONNA overtook Donna Summer as the Queen of Dance, back then, she has just around 7 or 8 #1s then, it was Express Yourself i think...

Some dismiss the dance chart because the general public/mainstream may not know some of the songs on there, and because sales aren't factored in. Re Donna Summer- she'd have a lot more than she had if Billboard didn't chart albums as entries back in the day.

"Ghostown" won't appear on Dance/Electronic Songs, though, unless remixes become commercially available (as it is not a dance track in original form).

When LFL hit No. 1, Billboard had an article posted that Friday, so maybe it will today, too. Billboard should recognize the feat at the Billboard Music Awards and M should be present. :) I tweeted and asked if it would be recognized at the awards.

Fact is: MANY PEOPLE'S CONNECTION TO POP MUSIC IS ON THE DANCEFLOOR. We don't listen to radio or spotify, don't watch tv or anything else as such. However, we go out every saturday night religiously and have a blast listening to amazing mixes... and no one has delivered the gems like Madge.

Anywhere I have lived in: Buenos Aires, New York City and now São Paulo... or visited: too many to count.... there is always magic when her sound takes over.

Currently, the most played artist at the biggest club I have ever been: The Week, is the ONE and ONLY with: Living for Love, Heartbreak City and the eternally smash Sorry. The most popular dance station in Brasil: Energy FM, has Ghosttown Offer's remix in heavy rotation (the only station I listen on my way to the club....).

So yeah, she might not be topping mainstream charts but for the club kids, there is only one QUEEN.

How can HeartbreakCity be played in a club? What remix do they play? Please, send link.

And of course it's great news and let's not forget if she managed to scoop another number 1 on the dance chart with Ghosttown she will definitely score another one with BIM!!

Last saturday the first dj closed with the best mix yet of BIM and then, at the peak hour... LFL was played by my current fave DJ and the crowd went wild (will find the video and share...)... Lastly, at dawn this was played ;)https://soundcloud.com/search?q=heartbreak%20city

3 different djs playing 3 different songs for thousands of crazy brasileiros :) all in one night...

Were the Ghosttown remixes reléase at all? or they sold out in Itunes? :laugh:

I am a flop fan, I only spend the day playing the Ghosttown and LFL videos.

It's getting there! I don't care if this chart is meaningful or not. All I know is that no one can top her! 45 #1s over the span of 30yrs!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

That chart means 45 NUMBER ONES.

Does any chart mean anything? One hit wonders go to number one never to be heard from again.

Madonna started on that chart and that's her place. The way country is Dolly.