Have you listened to the demos post RH release?

And Miss Ciccone, if she's so sure of the potential of the Avicci drums, she can release the song as a remix, so people will buy it in iTunes!

Rebel Heart to promote the Rebel Heart tour!

*small voice, Look of Love-esque* Of my rebel heaaaaaaaart

RH demo is only about 1000000 better than the final version and Miss Ciccone knows it.

THIS! But the final version is technically demo 2 an earlier version of the Avicii one :( so she just used that one on the final album

Guest Pud Whacker

RH demo is only about 1000000 better than the final version and Miss Ciccone knows it.

of course it is and everyone knows it.

as i said, by the time the other leaks happened, Rebel and Wash sounded like Madonna Classics. which is so great with an album that has 23 tracks.

Guest Pud Whacker

And I also love the Acoustic Demo. That's not one I heard often, in fact, I heard it after the leaks and after the album was released. But it's beautiful! There seems to be a little bit of butchery that happened with the album final mix.

Nah you're completely wrong. Why would M knowingly release a "lesser" version of a song? Do you really think she's that much of a fucking idiot? She wouldn't release something she thought wasn't that great.

The album version is amazing and I guess I understand why certain disco queens hate the sound of the guitar driven final.

Nah you're completely wrong. Why would M knowingly release a "lesser" version of a song? Do you really think she's that much of a fucking idiot? She wouldn't release something she thought wasn't that great.

The album version is amazing and I guess I understand why certain disco queens hate the sound of the guitar driven final.

There's plenty of guitar in the Avicci version. It's not a disco song at all. It's a guitar driven pop song with a glorious synth pop chorus. But you can keep your "testosterone" version.

If liking the pop perfection of the demo makes some of us disco queens so be it.

tumblr_nkfjzerZU21rfduvxo1_250.gif

P.S.: Preferring a version over another does not equal hating the final version. And Madonna herself agreed that she purposely changed tracks that were pretty much finished because of the leaks.

There's plenty of guitar in the Avicci version. It's not a disco song at all. It's a guitar driven pop song with a glorious synth pop chorus. But you can keep your "testosterone" version.

If liking the pop perfection of the demo makes some of us disco queens so be it.

tumblr_nkfjzerZU21rfduvxo1_250.gif

P.S.: Preferring a version over another does not equal hating the final version. And Madonna herself agreed that she purposely changed tracks that were pretty much finished because of the leaks.

That doesn't mean she actually preferred the Avicci version and just replaced it with a "lesser" version for shits and giggles. I love the demo as well but I think the final version's argument is stronger considering M actually chose that one as the way the song should be heard. I bet it would have probably been the same or very similar to the final if the leaks hadn't happened anyways.

Madonna's artistic choices and vision >>> yours

That doesn't mean she actually preferred the Avicci version and just replaced it with a "lesser" version for shits and giggles. I love the demo as well but I think the final version's argument is stronger considering M actually chose that one as the way the song should be heard. I bet it would have probably been the same or very similar to the final if the leaks hadn't happened anyways.

Madonna's artistic choices and vision >>> yours

tumblr_n6vd9n6TlR1sca8xco1_400.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

Shan were you a lady ugly monster before you stumbled across Madonna? You seem only able to digest one thought process at a time. Even then, it's while throwing shards all around you.

If you can't handle peoples opinions about the demos, maybe you shouldn't come into the demo thread.

Just common sense.

The album version is an earlier modified "demo" version. The Avicii version is a later production. I like guitar driven songs - that's why I prefer the first demos and Aviciis version. The album versions of RH and WAOM sound "weird" to me because they try to hide the great melodies of the perfect songs and deform them with .too many distorted effects and unfitting beats. My opinion.

Edited by BetteDavisDub

The album version is an earlier "demo" version. The Avicii version is a later production. I like guitar driven songs - that's why I prefer the first demos and Aviciis versions. The album versions of RH and WAOM sound "weird" to to me. I don't understand why they added so many distorted effects and sounds to deform the perfect songs.

This!

The album version is an earlier modified "demo" version. The Avicii version is a later production. I like guitar driven songs - that's why I prefer the first demos and Aviciis version. The album versions of RH and WAOM sound "weird" to me because they try to hide the great melodies of the perfect songs and deform them with .too many distorted effects and unfitting beats. My opinion.

They wouldn't sound "modified" and "weird" and "deformed" if you had not heard the demos. Album versions are perfect, demos are juste different.

They wouldn't sound "modified" and "weird" and "deformed" if you had not heard the demos. Album versions are perfect, demos are juste different.

The Avicii versions and leaked demos are 10/10 for me - every single one. The album versions are only 6.5/10 for me. I doubt I would like them more without knowing the other versions because I love any other acoustic, rock and dance version of the songs. In my opinion these are the only tracks that sound totally downgraded - but I love the other album versions.

Naaahhh I only listened to Rebel and Wash then waited for the album. All the demos sound below par compared with the final versions apart from Rebel Heart, the production is fine, it's just that's missing it's MAJOR hook! Reeeeeeeeebbaaaaaalllllllll haaaawwaaahhhwaahaarrt

Guest Hunterlas

BOOYAH!!

The only demos which I think are better than the album versions are Beautiful Scars and Inside Out. That said, I still like the album versions.

All the demos are fun. I think of them as alternate versions. Like Take A Bow's InDaSoul and Silky Soul versions.

As for the Rebel Heart demo... it's 100% corn bread, dairy cow, my crops have wilted cheese. The album version is far better. And, that's what Madonna knows! Otherwise it would have made the album's final cut.

Nothing Lasts Forever is life itself. Better than Best Night.

One of my favorite RH tracks but BN is still king for me. Such a great beat to NLF!!

Also cant say I agree with the Avicii demos being "better". I much prefer the album versions simply because I find his sound already dated. Glad they made no appearance on the album proper! "Urban" Madonna all the way for me.

Shan were you a lady ugly monster before you stumbled across Madonna? You seem only able to digest one thought process at a time. Even then, it's while throwing shards all around you.

If you can't handle peoples opinions about the demos, maybe you shouldn't come into the demo thread.

Just common sense.

I'm handling the opinions just fine. You seem to have a problem with my opinions though.

Why bring up Joanne again? Are you a fan of hers? Didn't that whore die? All pressing questions.

Well, have to be honest and admit to preferring the demo of the song Rebel Heart. However, still love the album version as well - fantastic song with such a glorious and melodic chorus. The demo was such a feel good euphoric song though. Have finally got around to listening to some demos and the only others that I prefer are Wash all over me - still love the album version as well though - just completely different - and Beautiful Scars. Important to take demos for what they are and not worry over which version you prefer as just torturing yourself. Just enjoy them for your own listening.

I definitely think Madonna's vocals better fit the final version of the song Rebel Heart (or demo 2, which sounds very similar to the final).

But I don't hate Avicii's version. I look at the stuff he did for the album as cool mixes, and it's nice that we have them.

Let's face it, the only reason we got that stripped down and yes, slightly butchered (thanks Pud) version of "Rebel Heart" was as 'punishment' for us having the leaked version before in addition to her wanting to de-Avicii the whole thing - which is perfectly fine and I understand her artistic decision to do that. However, I maintain that the Avicii-heavy version of "Rebel Heart" is my favourite version and by far better than the LP version. That vocal alone on the LP version, I can't even begin ("Like the other girhhh - I said oh .." first verse, so inferior to the Avicii version.)

But it's okay, even Madonna herself said that post-leakgate she was in a state of panic and I am sure that when the dust settles she will realise that the Avicii version is better. I do hope we get hints of that in the tour.

Oh and "Shan" - get over yourself. Just because people disagree with your Nazi-esque opinions doesn't mean they're "disco queens" and even if they were, why is that a derogatory term? Stop being awful. You sound like some kind of Rihanna or Gaga fan.

Let's face it, the only reason we got that stripped down and yes, slightly butchered (thanks Pud) version of "Rebel Heart" was as 'punishment' for us having the leaked version before in addition to her wanting to de-Avicii the whole thing - which is perfectly fine and I understand her artistic decision to do that. However, I maintain that the Avicii-heavy version of "Rebel Heart" is my favourite version and by far better than the LP version. That vocal alone on the LP version, I can't even begin ("Like the other girhhh - I said oh .." first verse, so inferior to the Avicii version.)

But it's okay, even Madonna herself said that post-leakgate she was in a state of panic and I am sure that when the dust settles she will realise that the Avicii version is better. I do hope we get hints of that in the tour.

Oh and "Shan" - get over yourself. Just because people disagree with your Nazi-esque opinions doesn't mean they're "disco queens" and even if they were, why is that a derogatory term? Stop being awful. You sound like some kind of Rihanna or Gaga fan.

Hell to the yeah. That dull Secret redux version of RH that made the album (not even the single disk mind you LOL) is just blah. I wouldn't be surprised if she punished it even further by completely ignoring it on tour. Such a pity, considering the leak was so universally loved outwith the M community...which is what a hit pop song needs.

The real version of WAOM in concert would be glorious (think this tours GGW moment) instead we can look forward to a campfire Kumbaya-esque dirge (no doubt in the obligatory 'world-music' section)

Anyone who prefers the naff 90's disco remix of Beautiful Scars to the glorious original, obviously has a screw loose.

These people who think they're 'better' fans because they've convinced themselves they're somehow on Madonna's wavelength by preferring album versions are deluded. She clearly said that she completely changed the specific sound of particular songs because of the leaks, whether that meant going back to older versions or whatever ...End of.

Hell to the yeah. That dull Secret redux version of RH that made the album (not even the single disk mind you LOL) is just blah. I wouldn't be surprised if she punished it even further by completely ignoring it on tour. Such a pity, considering the leak was so universally loved outwith the M community...which is what a hit pop song needs.

The real version of WAOM in concert would be glorious (think this tours GGW moment)

Happy-Clap.gif

instead we can look forward to a campfire Kumbaya-esque dirge (no doubt in the obligatory 'world-music' section)

Anyone who prefers the naff 90's disco remix of Beautiful Scars to the glorious original, obviously has a screw loose.

These people who think they're 'better' fans because they've convinced themselves they're somehow on Madonna's wavelength by preferring album versions are deluded. She clearly said that she completely changed the specific sound of particular songs because of the leaks, whether that meant going back to older versions or whatever ...End of.

:lmao:

P.S.: I also thought that the uptempo version of WAOM was the perfect tour opener. "In a world that's changing... I'm a stranger in a strange land..." Imagine the chills... but you're probably right. If we get that song at all, it will be on the sit-down guitar section in the second/third quarter of the show....