Have you listened to the demos post RH release?

I wouldn't write off all the "demos" straight away because even she said that she wasn't sure which versions she should ultimately put on the album. Some of them are clearly incomplete but others could have easily been on the album.

I'm not prepared to replace the album versions with the alternate versions because I feel Rebel Heart is pretty perfect as it is. I am happy to listen to the demos in addition to the official stuff though.

I've said it before but I think she has a really great opportunity to be innovative as an artist by releasing these demos in some form. Like a "Madonna - Evolved" where she can select several specific songs and release the outtakes, alternate versions, remixes etc in one complete "package" for each and she could discuss the process of making the song and how it evolved to its final form? It wouldn't make her money necessarily but it could contribute to her "legacy". It would probably be a lot of work so I doubt she has time or if she'd really want to anyway.

Great idea! They could have done it as part of the single releases at a minimum

who is talking abuot REPLACING? You can have a folder with the demos and you listen to it and they are like remixes or alternate versions.

And no, they are not using those songs in the future, simply because they have been leaked. And Madonna is creative enough to go now to the studio and write 50 more again.

I am sure that 100% of you will listen to the demos in the future, though. It's as if some big fan from ROL wouldn't want to listen to No Substitute For Love (the demo) because "the original is so good".

Madonna KNOWS we have lots of demos from the past. That's why she performed You Thrill Me in CT.

I love Best Night demo so much. It's so different from the original. It's sad, a bit desperate, melancholic... I like the album version much better, but the demo has a certain sad feeling that i love.

I would never replace a track from the official track list either, if it were a song I actually could not stand I'd uncheck it or skip on CD, the demo's are a separate enjoyable for me.

My playlist includes the following demo versions as I think they are better than the album versions, the other unreleased demos I listen to quite a lot:

Living for Love (Demo) - this is far better

Joan of Arc (Acoustic) - hate the album version

Wash All Over Me (Demo) - I prefer the dance version

Messiah (Demo) - album version is overworked

Rebel Heart (Demo) - far superior to the album version

Borrowed Time (Demo) - again prefer the dance version

Autotune Baby

Queen

Tragic Girl

Two Steps Behind Me

Nothing Lasts Forever

Never Let You Go

God is Love

Trust No Bitch

Back That Up

Freedom

Revolution

Alone With You

Take A Day

Take It Back

Score

Heaven

Because Triggering is amazing, as is Broken, Like a Flower, Run, and shame!

Why restrict yourself with this album yet indulge in others?

I'm just saying, it's cool to examine how this album was made!!!

Anyways....

It's interesting, how people complain about the chopped/cut off vocals in LFL on the album, yet it's heavily present on Demo #2. Seems like it was a intentional thing from the start.

Also, the LFL demos have a sad tone to them, IMO. They make me sad and make me feel bad for her heartbreak. On demo 2, the ending with her vocals, sounds like she's on her way to heaven :(

I don't know. I just focus on the final product, that's my journey of how an album was made.

Heaven sounds like it inspired Ghosttown. Like they rewrote it from scratch.

Rewrite is a strong word. Inspired by works better.

Been LOVING TRUST NO BITCH!!!

I PUT IN THE HOURS U CAN COUNT ON IT

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

U CAN TRUST NO BITCH SUCK MY DICK*

tumblr_log57mBVAU1r02hico1_500.gif

*the Stephen remix...cause this is a special time

Been LOVING TRUST NO BITCH!!!

I PUT IN THE HOURS U CAN COUNT ON IT

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

U CAN TRUST NO BITCH SUCK MY DICK*

tumblr_log57mBVAU1r02hico1_500.gif

*the Stephen remix...cause this is a special time

I want to hear this ! The Stephen remix of Trust no Bitch

Am going to listen to all of the demos soon. Have heard 4 of them but will listen to the rest. Always prefer hearing them after the songs are officially released.

Guest Hunterlas

Joan of arc album version deserved to be on the album. Love the juxtaposition of the music and lyrics

The final product is perfect.... Madonna managed to made a midtempo track with soul and heart without going with an overdramatic take. I can go on and on about this gorgeous song.

Guest Pud Whacker

I always want to skip JOA final, but it always grabs me and drags me in

thats the sign of good song.

its because of that beat that kicks in...

Nothing compares to the Acoustic version of Joan of Arc. I adore it. Its haunting and heartbreaking. I dislike the uptempo album version, it feels over-produced. I hope she does the acoustic version on the tour. It's a real shame that it was never officially released it would have been a great bonus track like Love Spent.