Have you listened to the demos post RH release?

Just wondering if anyone who didn't listen to the demos initially has gone back and had a listen?

I listened to the unreleased tracks of which "Nothing Lasts Forever" and "God is Love" are my favorites, but I'm finally getting the chance to listen to the demo versions of the released ones. (They are on youtube!)

Surprisingly I found the demos just as good as the released versions and in only one instance (so far) better. (Illuminati).

The Devil Pray demo is pretty great and I don't mind Holy Water. Would've been happy with either version. Hold Tight demo has some better parts but some average parts so I'm divided on it right now.

Thoughts?

Guest Hunterlas

OK, I get it, they are all they were promised to be. Im still glad I waited till now to hear them though, cause I have a very distinctive idea of what the official album is, and what the demos are. I cant help but noticing how some fans seem to be unable to appreciate how great the album is as a result of falling for the demos first.

Madonna once again gets it right (at least for my taste. I do feel every single demo that made the cut was vastly improved for the album:

Inside Out was taken from OK to GLORIOUS, and same with Borrowed Time and Joan Of Arc.

Living For Love, Devil Pray, Hold Tight, Addicted, were also improved I think. I was surprised to find so little differences between the Rebel Heart versions... I still stick with the album version.

My two big shockers? How AWESOME the demo of Beautiful Scars is!!!! This is a song I didnt even include on my official setlist cause I hate that disco sounding version but the demo pop rock has made me fall completely for it!!! Also incredible? Her voice on Wash All Over Me (ballad)!! the demo let us hear her as if she was naked, it sounds just goooorgeous.

Now for the best part of this discovery?

-Autotune Baby (cant believe nobody else like it, I think is creative and fun)

-Two Steps Behind me (i like this a lot, but glad she left it out. Sick of thinking of gaga)

-Back That Up (fuuuuuuuck yeeeeaaaaah)

-Fredom (loooove this!!!)

-Revolution (badass track)

-Heaven (this is fucking heaven indeed!)

-Never Let You Go (omfg soooooooooooooooo great)

-Nothing Last Forever (aaaamazing)

-Alone With You (super cute)

-Tragic Girl (nothing tragic about this, its absolutely beautiful)

Whatever I didnt write about, I just didnt care for to begin with. I feel like I just got a new album, how cool is that?!

Guest Rachelle of London

No I haven't. I haven't even heard that RH demo everyone was raving about. I love the album as it is. Its pure perfection

I only listened to the first batch of demos (like 10) and besides Living for Love, I love the album and I don't need to hear them. I'm so happy I didn't spoil the experience by giving in and listening to them.

I'll admit, like 2 days before the album was released I downloaded all the demos because I couldn't take it anymore. I just had to hear certain demos people kept talking about.

I haven't even heard many of them. I just listened to Rebel Heart and Wash all over me, and that's because people keep saying demos are better than the final ones.

No and I'm not going to. Why bother with unfinished material? Mess.

Because Triggering is amazing, as is Broken, Like a Flower, Run, and shame!

Why restrict yourself with this album yet indulge in others?

I'm just saying, it's cool to examine how this album was made!!!

Anyways....

It's interesting, how people complain about the chopped/cut off vocals in LFL on the album, yet it's heavily present on Demo #2. Seems like it was a intentional thing from the start.

Also, the LFL demos have a sad tone to them, IMO. They make me sad and make me feel bad for her heartbreak. On demo 2, the ending with her vocals, sounds like she's on her way to heaven :(

Well, I replaced Rebel Heart and Beautiful Scars with their demo versions, tbh. Joan of Arc was replaced with the Acoustic/Demo version.

Also, I included Never Let You Go (it's really amazing), Nothing Last Forever and Tragic Girl at the end of the album, and WAOM dance demo, Iconic (Demo/Part 2) and Bitch I'm Madonna (Demo 1) as well.

That's about it. I have pretty much every demo that leaked, but I don't really listen to them.

Beautiful Scars is definitely a gorgeous demo over finished product (but I dig final too). I'm pretty satisfied with the finished product of the album over most demos though I can look at some of the Aviccii ones (WAOM, Borrowed Time) as remix versions...

I LOVE God is Love, Revolution, Two Steps Behind Me, Back That Up (Do it), and a bunch of others, but understand that is is already a long album, some don't fit, but I could have handled Revolution on the album and cut something else.

Guest Pud Whacker

Since 1983, if there was a new madonna song, I WAS ALL OVER IT!!!

It was Ain't No Big Deal from warners Revenge of the Killer B's. My 9th madonna song!!!

Then came Like A Virgin LIVE taped off the radio VIA SIMULCAST on radio September 14, 1984. My 10th madonna song! A good month before the single was released!

It will ALWAYS be the case.

I LOVE MADONNA!!!!

I listened to "Queen" a few days ago (because I read the lyrics during the leaks debates and thought that was sad), and I'm still a fan of "Two steps behind", such a catchy and funny song :lmao:

I'll probably listen to the others "not released" songs some day, but I'll NEVER listen to the demos of released songs. As Chellegasm said, the album is perfect, I don't want to ruin it with 100 versions (I don't like remixes for the same reason : I always prefer the original version).

Guest Hunterlas

I wanted to respect Madonnas vision for the album, thats why I refused to listen to the demos until now. I wanted to experience REBEL HEART exactly the way she wanted me to and after we saw how devastated she was over the leaks, I made the decision to wait. That was my idea of compromising at the moment and it worked for me. I always knew I was gonna end up listening to the demos at some point though, there has always been amazing music that for one reason or another doesnt make the album and this time its no exception!

I only listened to the Rebel Heart and Inside Out demos regularly and a couple of snippets of a few others which I turned off after the first 30 seconds because they just sounded too plain and demoish for me. I'm glad I did because I love the album so much.

I can never understand why fans would "replace" official tracks with demos on an album. Hell, I won't ever remove Spanish Lesson from my iTunes as much as I hate it. I keep it 100% when it comes to Madonna albums :popcorn2:

I still regularly listen to the demos LFL, Hold Tight, Inside Out and Rebel Heart and have deleted all the others.

I can never understand why fans would "replace" official tracks with demos on an album. Hell, I won't ever remove Spanish Lesson from my iTunes as much as I hate it. I keep it 100% when it comes to Madonna albums :popcorn2:

I still regularly listen to the demos LFL, Hold Tight, Inside Out and Rebel Heart and have deleted all the others.

yeah i never replace songs either. i just have the demos on my iPhone but i don't change anything from the album

Since 1983, if there was a new madonna song, I WAS ALL OVER IT!!!

It was Ain't No Big Deal from warners Revenge of the Killer B's. My 9th madonna song!!!

Then came Like A Virgin LIVE taped off the radio VIA SIMULCAST on radio September 14, 1984. My 10th madonna song! A good month before the single was released!

It will ALWAYS be the case.

I LOVE MADONNA!!!!

We were separated at birth.

Only RH all the time and others when l want to hear some joy and imperfection in Madonna's vocals which have been eliminated from the album. Love the album too but its too polished and produced to death, l would love a LAP style one vocal take album approach again.

I wouldn't write off all the "demos" straight away because even she said that she wasn't sure which versions she should ultimately put on the album. Some of them are clearly incomplete but others could have easily been on the album.

I'm not prepared to replace the album versions with the alternate versions because I feel Rebel Heart is pretty perfect as it is. I am happy to listen to the demos in addition to the official stuff though.

I've said it before but I think she has a really great opportunity to be innovative as an artist by releasing these demos in some form. Like a "Madonna - Evolved" where she can select several specific songs and release the outtakes, alternate versions, remixes etc in one complete "package" for each and she could discuss the process of making the song and how it evolved to its final form? It wouldn't make her money necessarily but it could contribute to her "legacy". It would probably be a lot of work so I doubt she has time or if she'd really want to anyway.

I've heard 3 demos:JoA,RH,& Wash All Over Me

I prefer the original JoA(the way she performed it on Ellen) and at first I preferred the RH's demo but I like the final version just as much now.I'm really curious to hear Beautiful Scars, Inside Out and Best Night