Mrs. Ritchie/Housewifedonna Appreciation Thread

loowee

best reinvention?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Did you love her persona back then?

• YAS! She was acting her age!
    • NO! M-dolla>>>>>>

My comment made me check on my friend on Facebook who is a big fan. The thing is i was sure i had seen that woman somewhere before but i did not think about such an icon, i was not in Paris or London but in a city in south west of France, she looked ok, her eyes were familiar, she has piercing blue eyes, she did not wear outrageous make up or had a special hairdo. I lived in this city from 10 to 17 and i had to move back because my mom was ill (after 4 months i moved her to Paris because i could not stay there anymore) so i thought that maybe she was one of my teachers from HS and then it hit me. I though that maybe the banshees were in town for a concert and got very excited, i had no other explanation for her presence there otherwise, growing up there i saw Lenny Kravitz shopping for records at a friend's cousin store or found myself in the same changing cabin as Thom York at the local Agnes B store (if you know Agnes B you know that their policy is to have just one big changing cabin to share) but they were in town for a concert. I called this friend from HS who was a big Siouxsie & Cure fan and asked him about the concert. He told me there was no concert and that she lived in a small village on the outskirts of Toulouse called (drum roll) Condom. And yes it was her because friends already saw her there and talked to her, she was very friendly and engaging. Apparenty and contrary to what i said earlier my friend told me she still lives there with a young boyfriend and it's like a farm in the middle of nowhere. She's still in her "Guy Ritchie years" :laugh:

Roland, dear, you need to familiarise yourself with the "enter" key and do some spaced paragraphs. Some of your longer posts can be incredibly hard to read.

My comment made me check on my friend on Facebook who is a big fan. The thing is i was sure i had seen that woman somewhere before but i did not think about such an icon, i was not in Paris or London but in a city in south west of France, she looked ok, her eyes were familiar, she has piercing blue eyes, she did not wear outrageous make up or had a special hairdo. I lived in this city from 10 to 17 and i had to move back because my mom was ill (after 4 months i moved her to Paris because i could not stay there anymore) so i thought that maybe she was one of my teachers from HS and then it hit me. I though that maybe the banshees were in town for a concert and got very excited, i had no other explanation for her presence there otherwise, growing up there i saw Lenny Kravitz shopping for records at a friend's cousin store or found myself in the same changing cabin as Thom York at the local Agnes B store (if you know Agnes B you know that their policy is to have just one big changing cabin to share) but they were in town for a concert. I called this friend from HS who was a big Siouxsie & Cure fan and asked him about the concert. He told me there was no concert and that she lived in a small village on the outskirts of Toulouse called (drum roll) Condom. And yes it was her because friends already saw her there and talked to her, she was very friendly and engaging. Apparenty and contrary to what i said earlier my friend told me she still lives there with a young boyfriend and it's like a farm in the middle of nowhere. She's still in her "Guy Ritchie years" :laugh:

Thanks for answering!! Did not know Sioux allegedly lived with a younger boyfriend, and wasn't sure if she ever moved out of southern France. It feels like she disappeared off the face of the earth after releasing so many albums from both of her bands.

Always thought she was an interesting artist and performer. Wish she would release one more album even though she has problems with her voice from smoking cigarettes and taking drugs when she was young.

Guest Pud Whacker

Her outfit in her Oprah 2003 interview made me dizzy

OMG I thought she was so gorgeous and glamorous on that one!!!

Guest Hunterlas

LOVE IT!!!

Live for American Life!!!

American Life is fucking EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Its unfortunate how people are unable to see past the outfits.

I love the floral dresses on Madonna, she has always looked beautiful in them and they have been something she has loved and worn for years. I just don't like the tweed cap and frumpy look she was wearing a lot, but that is no big deal - her choice, just my view on it. I still don't like the shooting. I remember Madonna saying in interviews back in the 80's that she was a vegetarian so always seemed odd to me that she was now out shooting birds and saying she was not vegetarian. I do think she was trying to fit in with the whole posh English culture for Guy, just glad she was not out fox hunting with the elite. Again just my view, but never seemed to suit her.

I really did not care for that Oprah interview :lol: It was a joke, they way it was promoted and advertized like she was going to reveal a big secret, and here it was all about the kabbalah. Literally, IGTTYAS was a word to word rip off of what she said in that interview. The only good part was Queen Mrs Fellows (who's bit was unfortunately cut from the broadcast, and btw, we really need a thread dedicated to her.) and the touching cancer bit.

Roland, dear, you need to familiarise yourself with the "enter" key and do some spaced paragraphs. Some of your longer posts can be incredibly hard to read.

Agreed. Got it ( and i tend to digress as well)

I really did not care for that Oprah interview :lol: It was a joke, they way it was promoted and advertized like she was going to reveal a big secret, and here it was all about the kabbalah. Literally, IGTTYAS was a word to word rip off of what she said in that interview. The only good part was Queen Mrs Fellows (who's bit was unfortunately cut from the broadcast, and btw, we really need a thread dedicated to her.) and the touching cancer bit.

THAT dance she did with Oprah. :ohmy:

news_oprah01.jpg

"Where you get dem jeans ?"

The dance off is so awful. Madonna's collaboration with Missy Elliott is such a big huge missed opportunity just like her collaborations with M.I.A.

https://youtu.be/0luGz4_NbLk

Madonna has gotten me to buy stuff I wouldn't normally buy...some of her children's book,a Kabbalah book(72 Names of God)in which she endorsed and awful Ed Hardy hats and shirts,but I never had any urge to impulse purchase GAP jeans

Madonna has gotten me to buy stuff I wouldn't normally buy...some of her children's book,a Kabbalah book(72 Names of God)in which she endorsed and awful Ed Hardy hats and shirts,but I never had any urge to impulse purchase GAP jeans

Did you buy the H&M sun glasses?

Did you buy the H&M sun glasses?

Forgot that too...I remember they gave like the first 100 customers it for free at some locations when they were first released :(

resistance_gal_2003_430.jpgff77e1f38c8bc1fc0faabe11fd495e08.jpgnews_oprah01.jpg

:thumbsup:

This maybe after the divorce?1st time I've seen this picture:

10431197_1483322558569378_13472736800223

10329943_1483322808569353_63378282439933

it's on the set of the GITM video, so technically she was still married but i'm sure the marriage was heading for a break up..

it's on the set of the GITM video, so technically she was still married but i'm sure the marriage was heading for a break up..

This was the peak of the "A-Rod scandal" if I remember correctly. I do remember her taking Rocco and David to a Yankees game and they were all decked out in Yankees gear.....lol.

Ugh the trouser years .

The glimmer of hope with her legs and vadge astride that portable TV in Hollywood video was a glimmer of hope .