Let's guess the next Opening Act

Iconic Fetus

Guest ziggy

P-Oak was an anemic joykill on S&S. Alesso and Martin Solveig, whom I both saw open the MDNA show, did a much more dynamic job.

Not sure why Magda never hires actual opening acts. Could it be because she'd have to share a hefty slice of the profits with them? I love the idea of Robyn as her warm up.

Wouldn't it be great if she could get Diplo to open for her? I guess he's too busy with his own stuff though

Actually I don't mind the DJs. Solveig was great!

You might be surprised but with arena and stadium shows the support usually do it for free. Its been known for their label even to PAY to be a support act because of the publicity. Theres no profit sharing.

Guest Rachelle of London

Diplo wouldn't have the time. A few shows thata it. I hope they're different shows and not just La, NYC, London. Imagine how good it would be to see Diplo open at the Puerto Rico show

Guest ziggy

You might be surprised but with arena and stadium shows the support usually do it for free. Its been known for their label even to PAY to be a support act because of the publicity. Theres no profit sharing.

Sad to hear this. I have always been in the understanding that opening acts get to charge at least a small set fee. To not pay them is extremely unethical – supporting musicians have rents to pay too. But I digress :laugh:

Guest Hunterlas

Im cool with the Djs... Im not interested in seeing anyone else that night. I just need some dude playing some cool tunes as I drink my cocktails and meet other fans all over the venue till is time for the Queen to come to the stage!

Guest bluejean

Marina & The Diamonds

Yes!! That would be fantastic.

Or some cool underground pop/electro band. Please, no pop princess tragedy though. It does amaze me she doesn't really have proper support artists.

Guest bluejean

Im cool with the Djs... Im not interested in seeing anyone else that night. I just need some dude playing some cool tunes as I drink my cocktails and meet other fans all over the venue till is time for the Queen to come to the stage!

Are you going to Miami bitch?

Guest bluejean

Where did you hear this?

I'm not saying it's not true but I think alot artists that have done support slots that are signed to major labels I just can't see them doing that.

Guest Hunterlas

Are you going to Miami bitch?

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.

Miami (both nights), Boston, Chicago, Glendale and Las Vegas.

Guest Rachelle of London

Where did you hear this?

I'm not saying it's not true but I think alot artists that have done support slots that are signed to major labels I just can't see them doing that.

It's quite common for artists not to get paid to be the open act, the interest publicity alone will ensure they get paid in other ways. I remember Azealia Banks complaining about not getting paid to open shows. Ugh wish Find a Groove would post as he works in this industry and could give us all the details.