Coachella thread [continued]

Her recent instagram must be about him.... "He sent roses and begged for forgiveness... She said sh ll think about it and then baby bottles emojis!!! Thats gotta be for drake hahaha

yes. you start to love her when you listen to her music and see her videos. found myself getting to know her and interested by watching evita, but became a fan thanks to the mtv madonna weekends they played

This discussion on black women having it easier in the music industry than white I strongly disagree with

in the music industry they have it a bit easier from what i have seen. just the "cultural appropriation" talk alone that they'll never have to deal with. they get away with so much more

yes she looked so beautiful. i thought drake looked awkward like always. imagine if madonna would've made that face if drake suddenly kissed her. they'd call her a prude and unprofessional

We talked too much about Drake's stupid face and not enough about just how HOT Madonna looked at Coachella. She's beautiful and her body is fucking insane!

That is true she looked incredible her body is on point right now. That gif of her walking off stage is mad

This discussion on black women having it easier in the music industry than white I strongly disagree with

Agree with you because there's always going to be racism even though it might not be overt. As someone who follows music industry pretty closely, do think Bey does not get attacked because of skin color. She's protected in the media due to her being poster child for positive black women. Other people have pointed this out too, but I'm open to being wrong.

M on the other hand, has been called an "old white lady" multiple times by reputable news sources and in online comment sections. We see this type of ageist, anti-white, anti-women bullying magnified by Drake incident.

Moving forward from here, Coachella incident has almost completely fizzled out, and this is already becoming old news (YAWN).

Bring on the tour and more fantastic looks from M :excl:

If Madonna did a freestyle encore at one of her own shows, some of u people wouldn't be able to take it. This performance wasn't intended to be a highly choreographed typical Madonna performance. It was simply M coming out to sing parts of a couple songs and kiss Drake.

Did you people take issue with the Everybody, Holiday, Music (with Psy) and Spanish Lesson performances on MDNA as well??

It has nothing to do with these perf that I found were very cool and amusing.

I hope I'm allowed to say I didn't enjoy the Coachella Perf. Nothing more...

Agreed! The thing is there really are no famous black women who are Madonna's same age who are doing the sexually provocative things that she does on stage and in videos. Beyonce is quite a bit younger than Madonna and black performers in their 50's and older like Diana Ross or whoever don't do the sexually explicit things Madonna does. If there was a black female entertainer who did what Madonna, did she would be criticized the same if not more than Madonna is.

The church is very powerful in the African American community and a lot of black churches tend to be very anti-gay and anti-sex so there is even more pressure on African American performers to not be sexual and support the gay community. So if there was an African American women of Madonna's age doing what she does, they would be very harshly condemned by their own community. Maybe that's why there's not.

Agreed! The thing is there really are no famous black women who are Madonna's same age who are doing the sexually provocative things that she does on stage and in videos. Beyonce is quite a bit younger than Madonna and black performers in their 50's and older like Diana Ross or whoever don't do the sexually explicit things Madonna does. If there was a black female entertainer who did what Madonna, did she would be criticized the same if not more than Madonna is.

Hm I would not be so sure. When I look at how they treat britney vs janet, I see a huge difference. Look at michael jackson. even a clearer example. However, in hollywood I do think there is an obvious bias and it's cruel and tough. so don't get me wrong. but in the entertainment/music world, I think it's so different..

Hm I would not be so sure. When I look at how they treat britney vs janet, I see a huge difference. Look at michael jackson. even a clearer example. However, in hollywood I do think there is an obvious bias and it's cruel and tough. so don't get me wrong. but in the entertainment/music world, I think it's so different..

Janet Jackson has been very heavily criticized for her use of sexual imagery so I don't see that at all. Look at how the wardrobe malfunction at the Super Bowl basically killed her career. A lot of people didn't believe her when she said it was an accident and said she was disgusting. I've read a lot where people say Janet did too many sexual songs and she shouldn't do that but be more ladylike. If it feels like Britney is more criticized it's because in recent years she's much more successful and in the spotlight so people are aware of what she is doing. A lot of people have forgotten Janet even exists honestly, but she has been criticized quite a bit for her use of sexuality.

Michael Jackson was a guy, so that's totally different. It's always okay for guys to do sexual things, but women are always considered slutty if they do it.

The church is very powerful in the African American community and a lot of black churches tend to be very anti-gay and anti-sex so there is even more pressure on African American performers to not be sexual and support the gay community. So if there was an African American women of Madonna's age doing what she does, they would be very harshly condemned by their own community. Maybe that's why there's not.

Interestingly said...let's see what Buddy Cole would say about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XIxgGl3vE4

Janet Jackson has been very heavily criticized for her use of sexual imagery so I don't see that at all. Look at how the wardrobe malfunction at the Super Bowl basically killed her career. A lot of people didn't believe her when she said it was an accident and said she was disgusting. I've read a lot where people say Janet did too many sexual songs and she shouldn't do that but be more ladylike. If it feels like Britney is more criticized it's because in recent years she's much more successful and in the spotlight so people are aware of what she is doing. A lot of people have forgotten Janet even exists honestly, but she has been criticized quite a bit for her use of sexuality.

Michael Jackson was a guy, so that's totally different. It's always okay for guys to do sexual things, but women are always considered slutty if they do it.

the Super Bowl thing. no one would not get criticism and hate after what she and JT pulled there. EVERYONE would've gotten shit for that. it's the Super Bowl, not a strip show. if janet would make an album & release it now she'd get attention and love. she just hasn't made anything & has been private a lot. but the amount of times I've seen people say "if janet were white she'd be bigger than M" is really countless.. and i think thats bullshit. bey is the biggest example of that. so many white girls/teens i know call her "queen bey" and she's very big.

Guest Rachelle of London

Ugh Beyoncé is NOT 56! Of course she's not going to be subject to the ageism Madonna gets now.

Beyoncé and Rihanna (probably the two most famous black singers out there now) always get called out for being overtly sexual. A few online blogs have criticised Madonna for cultural appropriation this year and her race is holding her back :lmao: I can't

When people were criticising madonna for cultural appropriation in 1995 for wearing Oriental dress would she of been more successful back then because she wasn't Japanese?

Guest Rachelle of London

For what?

I don't even know I'm just responding to the discussion, someone posted a few pages back about madonna being criticised for cultural appropriation and if she was black she wouldn't have.

the Super Bowl thing. no one would not get criticism and hate after what she and JT pulled there. EVERYONE would've gotten shit for that. it's the Super Bowl, not a strip show. if janet would make an album & release it now she'd get attention and love. she just hasn't made anything & has been private a lot. but the amount of times I've seen people say "if janet were white she'd be bigger than M" is really countless.. and i think thats bullshit. bey is the biggest example of that. so many white girls/teens i know call her "queen bey" and she's very big.

I agree, she'd get a lot of attention for an album right now, esp since MJ is dead. She'd be the only Jackson doing music.

Even with love Janft's sales would be a fraction of Madonna's. She is an irrelevant local has-been. Everything since the tit has bombed hard and harder. With her little talent she's milked her relation to Michael and Latoya all that she could. She is over!

Well that just goes to show how I much I know about Janet Jackson, which is absolutely nothing, and I'd like to keep it that way.

cya.gif

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Well that just goes to show how I much I know about Janet Jackson, which is absolutely nothing, and I'd like to keep it that way.

well, the most important thing to know about Jay-net is that she likes to get percolated.

Even with love Janft's sales would be a fraction of Madonna's. She is an irrelevant local has-been. Everything since the tit has bombed hard and harder. With her little talent she's milked her relation to Michael and Latoya all that she could. She is over!

:lmao:

its getting very difficult to have conversations with you people. you dont know your stuff and refuse to do your homework.

life started when you were born. nothing existed before you, monster people.

there was an argument years ago how black women were allowed to get away with being overtly sexual while white women were not. i do believe that still exists today.

Oh that's bullshit.

Name me ONE black women who could have become uber famous and gotten their own reality show taking the route Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton have. I can't think of any. NOT ONE.

White women make sex tapes and are rewarded with reality shows, endorsements,etc. That would never work for a black woman or any non white woman period. Just ask Montana Fishburne.

Black women don't have any advantage over anyone else and especially not white women nor are they given any kind of "pass" for anything. Get real.

The backlash against Madonna has NOTHING to do with race whatsoever and absolutely everything to do with age.

The Tina Turner comparison is just silly btw. The most controversial thing she does is wear short dresses/skirt. She doesn't push the envelope the way M does so of course there's no backlash.