"Bitch I'm Madonna" Brings The House Down At Jimmy Fallon!!! (Thread #2)

I still don't like BIM, sorry but I'm not into that kind of "music" :huh:

what a stupid thing to say...staying high on ur cloud putting BIM down this way is the same as some here are doing in relation to GT...both are pretty unnecessary and contemptuous, something i pretty much noticed since the very beginning. The way every time Madonna comes with a new album there's people saying how glorious this song is and how shitty this other is...really? why not just respect that which just doesn't ring a bell with one's "taste" but without necessarily saying it's crap?

Anyway, is really interesting to see the way GT and BIM are being received by those who make hits (GP, kids or whoever the ones responsible are)...they're so different one from the other and although we may conclude that GT is a "better" song, it is undeniable that BIM set things on fire (well a fire in a proportional Madonna way these days, cause it's not like BIM skyrocketed to the top 10 on itunes, like some other "hotter" acts can do)

Seriously, don't listen to him. He's a Mexican. They're're racist and don't know any better. They listen to Paulina Rubio and Offer Nissim (it's okay, I'm basically Mexican, I can say it)

I still don't like BIM, sorry but I'm not into that kind of "music" :huh: A #100 in Itunes is not going to change my opinion.

Actually I think it's all about Jimmy Fallon, Holiday is #1000. A Ghosttown performance with Fallon and the song would be top 20 right now.

Shut up. It was all about her selling her rebellious and cheeky side with the performances and interview that connected to the public. A Ghosttown performance would not have the same effect.

Seriously, don't listen to him. He's a Mexican. They're're racist and don't know any better. They listen to Paulina Rubio and Offer Nissim (it's okay, I'm basically Mexican, I can say it)

lol...you loco :laugh:

Does that mean I'm racist too?? :ohmy:

Way more than just two people were denying how great BIM is and there has been a consistent group of fans who don't like it since the beginning.

Let's not pretend now that it was universally loved on the forum :lmao:

Guessing Fallon will upload the BIM performance on his fb tomorrow?

It's been amazing seeing both the Ghosttown video, the BIM performance, and other aspects of the Tonight show trending.

Seriously one of the best choices she's made all era promo wise. Got more out of one night on Fallon than an entire week on Ellen lol.

Bullshit. It wasn't universally loved but hardly anyone denied its commercial potential myself included

The vast majority of this forum knew it had potential as a single even if half of us did not care for the song itself

LOVED it!!!!!! There is no one else like this woman. Period.

The choreography was exactly what I needed for this song!!! Exactly. What. I. Needed.

...but yeah, the constant throwing under the bus of previous singles/videos/performances is getting REAL tired. :lmao:

It is possible to enjoy everything in its context, without having to pit each thing against each other like it's a competition. It's just silly. (and misses the entire concept of this project...)

Not to mention having the courage of your convictions to stick by your opinion of something regardless of how it performs commercially. :newspaper:

This entire era is on point artistically.

LFL was classic, painterly, extravagant, symbolic... (a powerful statement that Madonna will always take down and conquer her demons/critics...).

GT was emotional, nuanced, rich, cinematic... (a beautiful statement that not even the greatest destruction can take her down...)

BIM is fabulously rachet, care-free, classic 'don't give a fuck' but still entirely fresh Madonna... (a total middle finger to ageism).

...not to mention the unbelievable photoshoots, interviews...

EACH bring something quintessentially 'Madonna' to the table while remaining fresh and exciting. There is something for everyone this era.

How could one not be satisfied? (Unless all you focus on is...... :newspaper: )

No, I was just kidding about Paulina and Offer Nissim, but they ARE racist towards anything remotely "black" sounding. Just trust me.

I think my momma does listen to Paulina Rubio! :lmao: She was born in Meheeco, but what raised, like, in, like tha valley! :D

His show seems like it's supposed to be funny and ironic. I think it would seem odd to sing a very serious song on there. I think she made the right choice by doing something more fun and high energy.

That's right, the BIM performance was very funny and memorable, certainly unexpected to me. And I'm happy for her!

But I'm 38 and not feeling good dancing or singing like that, she can get away with it because she's Madonna but not me!

I guess, thanks to Madonna, I'm in the process to change my perceptions about age, that's good! In the 80's and 90's I learned many things from her about sex and religion, I'm not a fan of her for nothing. :laugh:

I still don't like BIM, sorry but I'm not into that kind of "music" :huh: A #100 in Itunes is not going to change my opinion.

Actually I think it's all about Jimmy Fallon, Holiday is #1000. A Ghosttown performance with Fallon and the song would be top 20 right now.

She's performed GT on Ellen and at iheart, if a performance with Taylor Swift didn't send it to Top 20, this wouldn't have either. Besides, with the whole vibe of the show, GT would've been such a downer.....I think it's one of (if not the) most well crafted songs on the album but Fallon on this night was not the place for it.

The BIM performance was a breath of fresh air! Everything is not meant to be taken so seriously. I can't wait for more "rebel" performances. I'm one of the ones that was doubtful that BIM as a lead single would've been a good idea but after the reception that this has gotten I'm not so sure. After all, even before this performance BIM was the best selling RH track on iTunes (besides LFL). I mean, even Roger Friedman is praising this. Imagine if BIM would've dropped on iTunes out of nowhere right after Thanksgiving (thinking of when RH and WAOM leaked) and she did this performance right after. Oddly, this is the most overall positive reaction to anything she's done this era. Never would I have guessed this after the beating she's taken the past however many years for "not acting her age".

LOVED it!!!!!! There is no one else like this woman. Period.

The choreography was exactly what I needed for this song!!! Exactly. What. I. Needed.

...but yeah, the constant throwing under the bus of previous singles/videos/performances is getting REAL tired. :lmao:

It is possible to enjoy everything in its context, without having to pit each thing against each other like it's a competition. It's just silly. (and misses the entire concept of this project...)

Not to mention having the courage of your convictions to stick by your opinion of something regardless of how it performs commercially. :newspaper:

This entire era is on point artistically.

LFL was classic, painterly, extravagant, symbolic... (a powerful statement that Madonna will always take down and conquer her demons/critics...).

GT was emotional, nuanced, rich, cinematic... (a beautiful statement that not even the greatest destruction can take her down...)

BIM is fabulously rachet, care-free, classic 'don't give a fuck' but still entirely fresh Madonna... (a total middle finger to ageism).

...not to mention the unbelievable photoshoots, interviews...

EACH bring something quintessentially 'Madonna' to the table while remaining fresh and exciting. There is something for everyone this era.

How could one not be satisfied? (Unless all you focus on is...... :newspaper: )

THIS!!! It is possible to like both GT AND BIM

She's performed GT on Ellen and at iheart, if a performance with Taylor Swift didn't send it to Top 20, this wouldn't have either.

Bingo.

Give it up already!

:rotfl:

I think my momma does listen to Paulina Rubio! :lmao: She was born in Meheeco, but what raised, like, in, like tha valley! :D

No, no, I'm talking about people FROM Meheeco. They talk about visiting Spain and having more refined, European tastes. That's why he doesn't even consider this jungle monkey nonsense to be "music." Oh, and they take pictures like this

mirrey-700x315.jpg

:lmao:

Sorry, sorry. Let's get back on track.

This performance was a breath of fresh air! We've had all (fabulous) "heart" performances so far, it was time for "rebel" to come out!

She's performed GT on Ellen and at iheart, if a performance with Taylor Swift didn't send it to Top 20, this wouldn't have either. Besides, with the whole vibe of the show, GT would've been such a downer.....I think it's one of (if not the) most well crafted songs on the album but Fallon on this night was not the place for it.

The BIM performance was a breath of fresh air! Everything is not meant to be taken so seriously. I can't wait for more "rebel" performances. I'm one of the ones that was doubtful that BIM as a lead single would've been a good idea but after the reception that this has gotten I'm not so sure. After all, even before this performance BIM was the best selling RH track on iTunes (besides LFL). I mean, even Roger Friedman is praising this. Imagine if BIM would've dropped on iTunes out of nowhere right after Thanksgiving (thinking of when RH and WAOM leaked) and she did this performance right after. Oddly, this is the most overall positive reaction to anything she's done this era. Never would I have guessed this after the beating she's taken the past however many years for "not acting her age".

Thanks! I appreciate nice and educated replies :)

No, no, I'm talking about people FROM Meheeco. They talk about visiting Spain and having more refined, European tastes. That's why he doesn't even consider this jungle monkey nonsense to be "music." Oh, and they take pictures like this

mirrey-700x315.jpg

:lmao:

Sorry, sorry. Let's get back on track.

Yes! Okay it's friday and lets party!

NSFW

tumblr_mgko0s2uhj1r5j928o1_500.gif

Bullshit. It wasn't universally loved but hardly anyone denied its commercial potential myself included

The vast majority of this forum knew it had potential as a single even if half of us did not care for the song itself

Well, I never saw it as a potential hit from the beginning. Always thought it was weird when people wanted it to be a single. I could be the only that thought that though. I'm definitely not the person to pick hits. I thought Living For Love was going to be huge. :(

Well, I never saw it as a potential hit from the beginning. Always thought it was weird when people wanted it to be a single. I could be the only that thought that though. I'm definitely not the person to pick hits. I thought Living For Love was going to be huge. :(

I definitely thought LFL was going to be bigger than it ended up being and would've thought it would be a better, more neutral choice for a single than BIM. Honestly, I've always liked BIM more than LFL but thought it would be too much for the general public. Production wise, it does definitely stand out in the way some of her "quirkier" single choices have.

Guest bluejean

Way more than just two people were denying how great BIM is and there has been a consistent group of fans who don't like it since the beginning.

Let's not pretend now that it was universally loved on the forum :lmao:

Guessing Fallon will upload the BIM performance on his fb tomorrow?

It's been amazing seeing both the Ghosttown video, the BIM performance, and other aspects of the Tonight show trending.

Seriously one of the best choices she's made all era promo wise. Got more out of one night on Fallon than an entire week on Ellen lol.

Um. There's s thread where it was voted as best choice for 3rd single that was created weeks ago.

I can't at some people trashing GT all of a sudden :noway:

The beauty of this era is that both of Madonna's different sides can coexist and the dichotomy of the music and performances accurately represents her legacy. Both GT and BIM are amazing and she's blown my mind with the visuals for those songs :inlove:

THIS. :clap: :clap: :clap: (Along with LFL too! It's all been top form so far.)

Loved all the performances and the fact that its clear now that she wants the Album to be appreciated not just the singles. The variety in it is just spectacular and encompassing so maybe just maybe lets just appreciate each effort and just enjoy the era... I do love the BIM performance after the seriousness of GT which is glorious btw.

I definitely thought LFL was going to be bigger than it ended up being and would've thought it would be a better, more neutral choice for a single than BIM. Honestly, I've always liked BIM more than LFL but thought it would be too much for the general public. Production wise, it does definitely stand out in the way some of her "quirkier" single choices have.

Yeah, I guess we will see in time if the general public prefers BIM, but if it doesn't, fans will say it's because it was released 3rd. And that may be true. When was the last time she had a hit 3rd single? The 80's? I guess TPOG & WIFLFAG did ok.

OMG!!!!! the GT video and day after this amazing performance of BIM!!!!

i'm totally destroyed.

Now i officially can say... THIS IS MY FAVOURITE ERA OF ALL TIME, period, and i have the feeling there's a lot more to come before the definitive tour that RH tour will be!!!

WTF!! We are not racists! Hip hop is just not a popular genre in the country. I cannot speak for people born or raised in the US and who call themselves Mexican. Two different worlds. I have always noticed that what is popular in the Billboard Latin stuff is just not what we listen to here.

And Bitch I´m Madonna is a cool song. Not single material, but a fun song, like Spanish Lesson or Bday Song.