"Ghosttown" video thread (pt 2): continue celebrating this masterpiece here

The video has reached 1.000.000 views.

Keep on sharing! !! :)

:bow: Queen

I wonder what would happen if they uploaded her entire videography on VEVO

She's the greatest visual music artist who has ever lived

I'd love to see her entire body of work on that channel

I love Sandra's comments - bitch still knows how to make us laugh!

EPICNESS! This made me think of TAB for some reason... is that the same TV from the Hollywood video?? By the time the world ends there will be no flat screen TVs anymore :nervous:

OMG! Best video since TPOG... the tango... the look... the cape.... Madonna Fortin... too much to handle.

tumblr_inline_ncuglnlyhk1rtr2xy.gif

I'd like to reply to something in the previous thread, the eternal argument of whether Madonna is beautiful or not.

The papito said she wasn't conventionally beautiful, he didn't say she wasn't beautiful period. Even the almost completely biased loon based book Encyclopedia Vadgedonnica said she wasn't the conventionally beautiful model type but was what he calls a great beauty as opposed to a conventional one instead.

My response was neutral when I first watched the video. But after watching it a couple of times more I started to like it very much. Fans have nothing to complain about for this era. She's doing everything she can for promotion.

Madonna’s Sexy “Ghosttown” Outfits Are “Rock ’n’ Roll Meets End of World, with a Touch of Shipwreck”

Few things in life can surpass the greatness that is Madonna—with the exception of more brilliance from Madge herself, that is. In her just-released video for her song “Ghosttown,” the pop queen continues her streak of awesomeness. This time it’s in an apocalyptic situation mimicking the end of the world, with an uncanny guest star appearance by Terrence Howard.
The song itself is indeed addicting, but her costumes are equally mesmerizing. From her leather greatcoat complete with a billowing train and top hat, to her signature grill (because it is Madonna, after all), the video is a moody display of desperation-turned-sexy-tango-dancing that ends with a sultry dance scene with Howard (photo below). Because if the world is really coming to an end, why sit around and sob when you could partake in a tango with a hot man instead?

And speaking of that little meet-and-greet, if you’ve only got mere minutes to enjoy the end of the world, you might as well dress for the occasion. Enter in mastermind stylist B. Akerlund (whocustom-designed Britney Spears’s mind-blowing “Work Bitch” looks) for costume design. We chatted with Akerlund, who gave us all the details on Madge’s sexy looks from the video.

What was the inspiration for these costumes?
My inspiration for the costumes was my husband Jonas Akerlund [who directed the video] and everything we love. We are a rock ’n’ roll family and this look is in our DNA.

What mood were you going for?
Rock ’n’ roll meets end of world, with a touch of shipwreck.

Tell us more about these shipwreck-influenced costumes.
The long coat was made with very thin leather supplied by Chrome Hearts and the rest was a combination of metal, leather, a green silk vest from A.F. Vandevorst, and knit and cotton from Greg Lauren. I really loved the texture that the various fabrics created.

What was Madonna’s favorite look?
I’m not sure Madonna had one favorite. She loved the silhouette all the costumes created—the top hat, the long coat, the corseted waist with tall boots.

What’s the coolest piece of them all?
The coat! It was my dream piece. Who wouldn’t want a buttery leather bitch coat by Chrome Hearts covered in crosses?

What was the most exotic of the pieces?
Her vintage lace shorts and trashed Agent Provocateur bra that I burnt up [pictured below]. I actually lit the lace on fire and rolled it around in the dirt with the entire costume.

OMG!!!!! I rated this video with an 8...and I just relaised what I´ve been missing!!! Only one thing!!!! a close up with madonna singing to the camera, with desperate eyes, "I know we are alright..."!!!!!! that would make it a 9!!!! ( and a 10, if, instead of a man, her other soul would have been a woman!!! dancing with Queen Latifah!!!)

What was the inspiration for these costumes?

My inspiration for the costumes was my husband Jonas Akerlund [who directed the video] and everything we love. We are a rock ’n’ roll family and this look is in our DNA.

What mood were you going for?

Rock ’n’ roll meets end of world, with a touch of shipwreck.

What was Madonna’s favorite look?

I’m not sure Madonna had one favorite. She loved the silhouette all the costumes created—the top hat, the long coat, the corseted waist with tall boots.

FFS, just say Stevie Nicks already. :lol:

I can't believe it's only been 48 hours since this premiered. Feels like weeks.

Two intense days for M fans! :yes:

How are we gonna survive when this amazing era ends? I try not to think about it :confused:

BIM just stole GT's Thunder. What a backstabbing bitch!!!!

:lmao: bet she can stab herself in the darkness and from behind :medusa:

I like references to pain and tragedy in art but am more interested in it focusing on the affect it has on people's emotions. The surroundings are beautifully done but difficult to watch as they have been and still could be a reality for people. However I do think the surroundings are meant to be symbolic.

Madonna's room is interesting. The old television set. The bed. Her kissing her mother's picture. My favorite part of the video is her busting out of the room and playing dress up as she dances. I love the scenes in the playground where she escapes for a moment. The most beautiful shot in the video is Madonna rising off the ground after breaking down on the phone. Even the phone is kinda retro. How many phone booths are around?

The dance was gorgeous and emotive. I love when she is turned around to face the child and they all seem to find strength.

I like references to pain and tragedy in art but am more interested in it focusing on the affect it has on people's emotions. The surroundings are beautifully done but difficult to watch as they have been and still could be a reality for people. However I do think the surroundings are meant to be symbolic.

Madonna's room is interesting. The old television set. The bed. Her kissing her mother's picture. My favorite part of the video is her busting out of the room and playing dress up as she dances. I love the scenes in the playground where she escapes for a moment. The most beautiful shot in the video is Madonna rising off the ground after breaking down on the phone. Even the phone is kinda retro. How many phone booths are around?

The dance was gorgeous and emotive. I love when she is turned around to face the child and they all seem to find strength.

1. Terrence's aggressive mode - he was ready to shoot anyone.

2. Madonna getting mad in the mad, mad world (i.e., breaking things) - lost of hope

3. Madonna playing in the playing ground - reminiscing about the good times

4. Madonna crying at the telephone booth - grief

5. Madonna scavenging things - she don't feel safe anymore and is more careful in the mad, mad post-apocalyptic world

6. Madonna not moving when Terrence found her - given up at the state of the world

7. Terrence "hesitating" to shoot - conflict between safety and trusting another human being

8. Madonna's initial hesitation to dance with Terrence

9. The tango

Those are some of the affect in people's emotions in the video.