Rate the Ghosttown video

230 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate it?

9 1/2 a point off because its got a creepy crawly in it and 1/2 a point off because I dont see how her lipstick didnt melt and her perfume didnt vaperize with the blast while she was off in her obvious bomb proof bathroom taking selfies.

Voted 7 but now think 8.

Agree best for a while, she looks absolutely beautiful and really enjoy the dancing section.

It should definitely bring the general public to the song and hopefully the album.

7 - love her kissing the photo of her real mother, crying at the pay phone and the dancing. I think the video could have done without her singing towards the camera. She looks stunning but it all looks a little too much like a set to me. Definitely reminded me a bit of Power of Good-Bye when she's slow-mo walking down the street. I would have preferred a slight controversial element to it, like it being two women or a slight darker edge. Overall I do really like it, after a few more watches the rating might increase 😀

9 1/2 a point off because its got a creepy crawly in it and 1/2 a point off because I dont see how her lipstick didnt melt and her perfume didnt vaperize with the blast while she was off in her obvious bomb proof bathroom taking selfies.

because she is madonna!!!

Guest Peaches

Just for some perspective from someone who didn't rate it >7...I love M and will follow her to the end of the earth, but this video does little for me. I gave it a 4. I loved the cinematography, dancing (superb!) and especially loved her look (stunning!) and maybe I could have been more generous with a 6; but I just am not feeling it. There's too much randomness: the grills. ugh, the grillzzz? A golf club? The attempt at a story without any real development of who these people are or why they survived when there aren't even any other bodies around. I don't need a full motion picture, but there's just not enough there for me to sink my teeth into. Maybe I would have been more satisfied if somehow they showed that Madonna, Terrence and the child were a family beforehand and they somehow found each other in the chaos - or maybe a video similar to the movie Cloud Atlas where throughout different periods of time and acts of destruction, their love kept bringing them back together. I just didn't feel emotionally attached to the characters portrayed. It was all just kind of there.

Just for some perspective from someone who didn't rate it >7...I love M and will follow her to the end of the earth, but this video does little for me. I gave it a 4. I loved the cinematography, dancing (superb!) and especially loved her look (stunning!) and maybe I could have been more generous with a 6; but I just am not feeling it. There's too much randomness: the grills. ugh, the grillzzz? A golf club? The attempt at a story without any real development of who these people are or why they survived when there aren't even any other bodies around. I don't need a full motion picture, but there's just not enough there for me to sink my teeth into. Maybe I would have been more satisfied if somehow they showed that Madonna, Terrence and the child were a family beforehand and they somehow found each other in the chaos - or maybe a video similar to the movie Cloud Atlas where throughout different periods of time and acts of destruction, their love kept bringing them back together. I just didn't feel emotionally attached to the characters portrayed. It was all just kind of there.

So the video was a 5/10 for you? :scared: How would you rate her videos of the past decade then?

The entire point of the video is that all the people and things she loved have passed (her career, her lover, her mum, Lola etc.) and it was all about her meeting the two new strangers and showing the vulnerable and loving side of humanity when the world all falls down. It's a simple and effective plot which is perfect to compliment the song.

And you said you don't need a full motion picture but then two seconds later you brought up Cloud Atlas? :mellow:

Nearly none of her ballad videos had a storyline let alone a sophisticated plot that some of the fans were expecting!

I'm sorry to be defensive but yes I'm going to defend this video till the end of time because I find it ridiculous for anyone to be underwhelmed by this video. :tongue:

I'll give it a stellar 8. The opening and ending scenes are great. The middle part in the streets lacks. I also wish the video would be a little bit longer with a stronger storyline.

Beautiful video nonetheless. And the song is still amazing!

(I'd give LFL 9)

an 8.

She looks amazing, love the visuals and the dancing at the end.

The plot however goes nowhere could have been better and tried to match up better with the words of the song.

It s a music video and not a full movie. You can only do so much in 5 minutes and they made the most of it!

The 3 people in the end are representing the Kaukasian people the black people and the asian people. One of each "tribe" survived.

I'll say it again. It's a perfect 10!!!

Madonna's fans are the whiniest people on earth. Nothing is good enough for these bitches. This is as good as it gets, if you don't love this you'll never love anything she does!

Preach! This video is objectively amazing. I finally have a theory about these people who hold up past works as masterpieces that are on the same level as GT, while giving GT low ratings. I honestly think they are people who are having trouble growing older and can't accept that Madonna is still so hot. They try to tear down her CURRENT work while celebrating older work from a time they felt better about themselves.

Because Madonna just keeps getting better! Work of art, this video. Tearing her down won't help you, so look to her as inspiration instead :)

Guest Pud Whacker

because she's the only one left with electricity, tv ánd a vanity mirror.

well cmon. if nuclear bombs go off in NY, LA and paris - madonna WILL BE THE ONE left with electricity, television and a vanity mirror.

so you can change it back to 10.

thanks.

well cmon. if nuclear bombs go off in NY, LA and paris - madonna WILL BE THE ONE left with electricity, television and a vanity mirror.

so you can change it back to 10.

thanks.

well, without those lights there would not be the epic mirror scene.

so I'll go with Pud's advice.

Madonna's fans are the whiniest people on earth. Nothing is good enough for these bitches. This is as good as it gets, if you don't love this you'll never love anything she does!

You cant expect everyone to love everything she does. Those people are called monsters. imo Madonna fans are the greatest because they have actual opinions (OPINIONS!!) and aren't afraid to express them. Just like she isn't afraid to.

So cool, you love the video. That's good. Let others have their own opinion. And this isnt just for you, this is for everyone. We all LOVE Madonna, but we all are also different - unique rebel hearts. That's what it's all about.

Sorry about this rant, but I have been a hardcore fan since 2003 and nothing hurts me more than someone saying that I'm not fan enough or I can't have my own opinion about this glorious lady.

Peace?