GHOSTTOWN VIDEO PREMIERE!!!! Classic masterpiece!

This is quite amazing for a song that wasn't part of the original leaks - look how far it's come!! Gorgeous video - she looks absolutely stunning, redefining what a 56 yr old woman can look like.

:shock: Interesting. God imagine if it was, people would be dying in gay comas. :drama:

Well some people wants a music video where EVERYTHING is pointed out to them and full if big budget for their eyes to feast on. A simple but beautiful video like GHOSTTOWN full of subtleties, symbolism, and art goes pass right through them.

I can't.

This is nit just music nor a video. It's a well-planned and beautifully-executed piece of art.

I love you!!

I can't stop watching this beautiful video.

To me, THIS is her best video in at least a decade, her "comeback" to music videos, if you will. I disagree with some saying the two souls have no connection and it would be better if they did. For one, how do we know they didn't? They could've been former lovers in time gone by. Second, if your whole world blows up, the other soul around probably WOULD be a stranger. Either way it works for me.

That dance reminded me of Che and Evita and it gives me chills!!! I love reading people's opinions as they are all important and everyone sees differently. Thankfully I can scroll past the "it's tired, she's done, bye Felicia" bullshit.

I can't believe people have a problem with this video, I'm just dumbfounded. So fucking arrogant to completely dismiss the vision for HER video because it doesn't match to a tee what YOU wanted/thought it would be. I mean REALLY?? Fuck off. I think its safe to say if this song and video do nothing for you, then it's probably time to turn in the fan card and just go listen/watch COADF, Music and ROL on loop and whack off to fantasizing how the NEXT album the "true Madonna" will be back. This video is more "classic Madonna" than anything going way back to pre-ROL days (IMO that's when her vids started to change into what we've become used to in recent years......but that's a whole 'nother discussion).

I actually find it more moving that they are strangers in the video. The message kind of ties into her broader "revolution of love". Think about it, in the video it's the end of the world, it's scary, everything has crumbled, it seems all humanity is lost, that everyone (that is still alive) are just out for themselves.......but then, he puts the gun down and instead they dance. Instead of being distrustful, thieving, raping or killing each other they *gasp* treat each other like human beings, they help each other. It's implied they kind of become a family despite their obvious differences. If they have clarity to do that in such dire circumstances, why can't we here and now treat each other like human beings instead of treating each other like "the black man" or "the old woman" or "the Asian kid" or "the stranger"? To me that's the message of the video and if they had known each other I don't think it would be as effective.

Let's get something straight. Nothing Madonna does is ever cliche. Others may have done it before, may have worn it before, may have said it before, may have danced it before - it doesn't matter cuz you add Madonna to the mix & it becomes unique - simply because at the center of it all is Madonna herself - one of the most unique individuals/performers who ever lived. That's what makes everything she does so interesting & special & newsworthy. I don't know why some of her fans still don 't get it.

Why in the actual FUCK, in this end of the world scenario, would Madonna know or have some connection to this STRANGER??? Everyone was wiped out, and the point is that they form a connection and forge onward. I fail to see how this EPIC video would be better if Madonna realized that she and Terrence had held hands at the movies twenty years ago; in fact, that would be dumb as fuck. How would that make things "better?" :lmao:

The video is perfect, five stars, and ranks with Bad Girl and TPOG.

I could be wrong but I think the number of view on youtube are increasing quickier than LFL

I wish that was true but unfortunately they are about the same. WTF!!! To put things into perspective Sia's boring Big Gilr cry video had over 2 million views after 12 hours

Edited by marsiapollo

Ok, i have a question guys. Madonna looks so young and beautiful that NO WAY can this vid be filmed last month. My theory is that she filmed like 30 vids in 1990 and kept them locked and now she's going to release them.

Discuss.

Ok, i have a question guys. Madonna looks so young and beautiful that NO WAY can this vid be filmed last month. My theory is that she filmed like 30 vids in 1990 and kept them locked and now she's going to release them.

Discuss.

:ohmy: you did not notice, it's not Madonna appearing in the video :huh: it's one of those young look-alike drag queens :lmao:

I've been thoroughly slayed and I can't form the right words to express how much I love this video. My only complain is the damn kid who had to show up and ruin things just when Madonna and the black dude were about to have some steamy hot sex. This is why I hate kids.

Some of the opinions on her previous videos are hilarious.

One fan loves RoL, the next thinks it's trash and Frozen is better (all though both are iconic).

Now Hung Up is boring? :lmao: It's iconic too

When LFL debuted people were raving about it too, so let's see what people say after Ghosttown has been out for awhile

Some fans are the worst. :rotfl:

:bad:Best comparison. I LOVED 4m vid as well.. before this that was my fave/the best vid since HU.

Then why give me the :bad: face biatch ?!

4-minutes.jpg

:kiss2:

Meerkat’s Founder on Snagging Madonna, Battling Periscope

What was supposed to be a big win for Meerkat turned into a debacle on Tuesday when thepremiere of Madonna’s new music video on the live video streaming service for the upcoming single “Ghosttown” failed.

That it did so again this morning was a “stupid mistake,” said Meerkat founder Ben Rubin. It’s just another one of the service’s challenges as it finds itself suddenly up against Twitter’s Periscope, a service that appears to be a direct rival.

Madge’s fans were eventually placated when the stream started working 10 minutes late, after Meerkat’s team tracked down the engineering problem. At the end of the video, users were introduced to Meerkat’s newest feature, a link directing viewers to buy Madonna’s album on iTunes. All broadcasters will now be able to program a button to pop up at the end of the stream and connect people to external sites like YouTube channels, items in the iTunes stores or online articles. It turns the livestreams into a marketing tool for businesses, but it could also be used by regular consumers to build up their Twitter following or direct readers to their blog.

I sat down with Rubin to find out whether Meerkat is dead, how Madonna discovered it, if he’s paying her to use it and other mysteries of the livestream universe. The interview has been edited for length and clarity.

Re/code: How did you get connected to Madonna?

Rubin: I can’t talk about it.

You can’t talk about it?

No. Her people — it’s just not something I can talk about.

Are you paying her to stream?

No, no, no.

Have you considered paying famous people to stream?

You cannot do it. It’s like being an artist and paying for people to come see you.

http://recode.net/2015/04/08/meerkats-founder-on-snagging-madonna-battling-periscope/

Discuss.

I agree! I remember seeing some candid shots of her while directing WE and thinking it was sad, she was looking aged and granny like, and while it was sad to see, made peace with it .... fast forward a couple of years and now she's back to being a fresh young thing again - how on earth does she do it!!

He's actually had some good things to say about this era but he's still an asshole who lives in his mothers basement.

Crypt!

Yes he does strike me as a basement baby type.

Time to grow up and pay your own rent Riverwide.

I heard that she doesn't mind him having his PNP sessions down there. Say what you will, he's mom sounds cool.

2vi16p2.jpg The best she's looked in a video since...Express Yourself :drool:

Am I the only one who thinks she looks like Kylie here? I guess maybe the eyebrows.

loved the video. First saw it on that leaked chinese website and the quality was crap. After watching it several times on Vevo Im completely recovered from the trauma.

:lmao: at that Shakira weirdo Probed By Greys

2d0asl1.jpg

Oh I miss him!! Can't wait for him to come back and change my Siggy with that shakira Eve and serpent cover :)

When I saw it on Meerkat I was a bit underwhelmed. Some of the scenes seemed a bit cliche and cheesy but once I saw it on Vevo on 1080p I was blown away. The detail that went into this video is astounding. There are remnants of Bad Girl and Power of Goodbye in this video and I'm absolutely thrilled by that. I feel like ever since I've become a fan of hers (2008) I've waited for her to deliver a true Madonna ballad video and I couldn't be happier with this era. Ghosttown is such an amazing song and she's fucking delivered with this video. She's so fucking beautiful :inlove: and this isn't just a vapid music video, it has layers to it! Sales shouldn't even matter at this point, she's at a creative peak and she's 30+ years into her career. It's truly unheard of and it makes me so proud to be a Madonna fan and to appreciate her.

U saw it on meerkat? I guess you're the only one who was able to stream it on there then.

the behind the scenes thing was pretty disappointing tbh. not enough M, and no real purpose other than some candid shots. Wish we still had kurt loder doing a full hour long show on set.

yes, i got an instant Kylie vibe the first time i saw that scene, except kylie was like 30 at the time and not as good.

and i dont get the Shakira thing - is she the first person ever to have long blonde hair and do the tango? I think you'll find madonna did both in Evita!