Encores

Bill

This time, I'm kind of hoping she brings back the encore performance(s). I miss that. The false ending, the lights go down, the cheering gets louder and louder... then a spark of light, the beat of a drum, a guitar lick - whatever. the crowd goes wild. The excitement of an encore performance is fantastic.

That being said, I'd like to see the show "end" with Take a Bow. She descends below the stage after the final "say goodbye"...

Encore:

Living for Love (although I do think she may open with this after a Revolution of Love video intro)

Holiday and/or Like a Prayer

Guest ziggy

I would love an encore, no matter how built-in. It would instantly give the show an audience-friendly flair and make her seem less of a robot. She could use that right now.

Edited by ziggy

Guest Hunterlas

I feel is great for like rock bands or other artists... I have enjoyed them at concerts Ive attended for sure. That being said, Im glad Madonna stop doing them many tours ago. They are just bullshit in a show like hers, a show thats 100% planned (literally) so Im glad she doesnt feed us that bullshit. I feel she respect us as an audience by not doing encores. She telling a story just like in theater or musicals, there is no need for a fake gap. Think about it, she doesnt even like gaps for ovations between each of her songs! Frankly Id feel stupid screaming for her to come back when I know she IS coming and I know exactly what she will sing once she does.

Just saying.

I feel is great for like rock bands or other artists... I have enjoyed them at concerts Ive attended for sure. That being said, Im glad Madonna stop doing them many tours ago. They are just bullshit in a show like hers, a show thats 100% planned (literally) so Im glad she doesnt feed us that bullshit. I feel she respect us as an audience by not doing encores. She telling a story just like in theater or musicals, there is no need for a fake gap. Think about it, she doesnt even like gaps for ovations between each of her songs! Frankly Id feel stupid screaming for her to come back when I know she IS coming and I know exactly what she will sing once she does.

Just saying.

You are wrong

Sorry!

I don't think you understand what this thread is about!!!

Guest bluejean

Encores are traditionally supposed to be unexpected so I think that's why she doesn't bother with them. The concept has been worn out and people always expect them now. And Madonna likes to end her show with a bang so to do something not tightly rehearsed as a closer just doesn't work.

In saying that I WOULD like it if she rehearsed an array of her classics (Maybe 10 different ones) that aren't part of the show and performed a different encore every night. Then she can follow it with the expected closer, maybe Living For Love to go out with a fully rehearsed visual feast.

I was just thinking that earlier. A bunch of classics rehearsed, and whichever one she feels like doing that night is what she does so it's always a surprise.

Guest bluejean

And I think she can use the Revolution of Love intro without necessarily opening with Living For Love. That dialogue can be used on a different song/musical arrangement.

Although it's not what I want I suspect she will do the remix of Living For Love rather than the album version. I hope I'm wrong but it seems like it. And it would kind of work as a closer. "I'm gonna CARRY ON" *explosion of lights* THE END.

Guest bluejean

I was just thinking that earlier. A bunch of classics rehearsed, and whichever one she feels like doing that night is what she does so it's always a surprise.

It would be amazing. Or even if she just has 2-3 songs that she can change nightly. Actually, adding additional songs during MDNA was pretty cool. We got:

Love Spent

Holiday

Spanish Lesson

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Everybody

Give It 2 Me

Music

Pretty good really.

Guest Hunterlas

You are wrong

Sorry!

I don't think you understand what this thread is about!!!

No I am not.

Sorry!

I dont think you understand an encore is not likely to happen!!

Encore Schmoncore .... I just want a proper performance of Holiday with a fabulous reinvented mix!
(So far, DWT had the best musical version of Holiday, while BAT and GT had the best visual performance)

Just saying.

In instances like the Girlie Show's "Justify My Love" and "Everybody," it works perfectly because those performances are so different than the rest of the show. :)

Guest Rachelle of London

How could an encore be considered "bullshit?"

My god the misery on here is astounding. Even an extra performance could be classified as something bad. It's RIDICK

It would be amazing. Or even if she just has 2-3 songs that she can change nightly. Actually, adding additional songs during MDNA was pretty cool. We got:

Love Spent

Holiday

Spanish Lesson

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Everybody

Give It 2 Me

Music

Pretty good really.

Thank goodness for youtube, so I could see all of them!!! :D

How could an encore be considered "bullshit?"

My god the misery on here is astounding. Even an extra performance could be classified as something bad. It's RIDICK

:lmao:

Guest Hunterlas

The only thing thats really miserable and astounding is your level of comprehension... Dont hate on me cause your IQ stops you from understanding my opinion.

Guest Rachelle of London

Uh oh the attacks are back. How surprising, NOT!

Guess we all have to put up with being talked down to and insulted in EVERY thread by the same poster. Sigh

Who wants to predict the next thread that this person will freak out in? I say the Ghosttown video thread, any other bets?

Guest Rachelle of London

And how childish "don't hate on me" what am I hating on exactly?

Grow up or if that's too hard. Cheer up! Not everything has to be so negative. Your life may suck you don't have to take it out on everyone else, be rude and downright insult others. Cheer up or LOG OUT!

And anyone that thinks IQ is the only factor that proves intelligence is just showing how DUNCE they are. :lmao:

This thread has me thinking.......I guess she's never had a "real" encore. All of her "encores" we're actually a part of the show just made to seem like encores. I mean, did she ever NOT do LAV/MG on VT? Or Holiday/KIT on BA? Or Holiday/Music on DWT?

I'm down for a "fake" or "real" encore. I agree, it's nice to at least make the public THINK they are getting something extra.

Just saying.

Do you not know the setlist when you see a Madonna concert? You know she's coming on stage at the beginning of the show, right? But you still scream? Hmmm... Do you know what song she's opening with? And you still scream?? Bigger hmmm.... My point - whether you know it's coming or not, it's exciting. I scream for the excitement, not because I think it's going to bring her back on stage. I don't meant to be smart, but your response to this topic was a little harsh, basically saying anybody who wishes for an encore is stupid.

Just saying.

Yes, I think an encore might be nice for a change. What I like and what works well at some shows I"ve been to is have the last song on the show proper be the big production ending like maybe Like A Prayer or Living for Love, but have the encore be a softer scaled down thing maybe just her and Monte on acoustic guitar doing something like Rebel Heart or Don't Tell Me. Kind of like how she tends to end her albums on a slow song.

Guest Hunterlas

your response to this topic was a little harsh, basically saying anybody who wishes for an encore is stupid.

NO.

I said that "I" would feel stupid screaming of excitement for a FAKE encore.

I say the more encores the better! I'm up for it. The more Madonna the better.

first of all THIS....

secondly i'd like to make some comments, but better i abstain and wrap my mouth like my avi..

....third....not all concert goers knows exactly the set list....and when the lights go down after 2 hours and everybody's screaming "madonna, madonna" for some of them could be a surprise if she suddenly comes back....then...even if some of the audience knows well she doesn't do encores, just for example, last time in rome the whole stadium where screaming her name...even me...and i knew before the concert what the final song was...but "in the moment" i didn't care or thinking about it...i know....i'm notoriously stupid....

finally....would be great if it was a real encore.....she come back (with a reharsed or not song, i don't care) only if the audience chers and applauds enough (for her standard) so only random and selected audience gets the encore....

now i hope for some long time needed FLUSH!!!

Hunterlas is really starting to irritate a lot of the fans on here seriously.

Do you have to add your negative opinion to everything on every fucking thread?

I wasn't bothered until I was personally attacked.

People have differing views, not everyone is going to agree on the same things.

Get over yourself already coz we all are!

I'd love an encore if it were truly surprising! It wouldn't have to be unrehearsed or unstructured or even a secret to hardcore fans.

My choices, based on wanting something upbeat but very sing-a-longy, would be:

• Material Girl
  • Holiday
  • Rebel Heart (it would be better if this were a single by then, after GT and BIM smash!!!)
  • Don't Tell Me
  • Like a Prayer (and no – I can hear this song in every tour until my death)